DEATH RACE: Friday November 28, 9:00 PM EST, SIGNUP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEATH RACE: Friday November 28, 9:00 PM EST, SIGNUP

Ok everyone, based on the groundswell of support for this idea, I have decided to give it a shot and see if we can setup a race later today. I realize that this is somewhat short notice, but if we can get anything off the ground, then perhaps we can have a more organized event next time.

Here's the plan.

OPERATION: DISCO'S DEATH RACE

Time: Friday November 29 @ 9:00 PM EST
    Place: Meet in PR Public Channel on TG Teamspeak

US Team Briefing

Commander: Required
    Team Size: 10 - 19 players
    Team Disposition: Players must form 2 man squads and work as a team. I.E. up to 9 teams of 2 racers.
    Available Assets: All Kits, Dirt Bike, FAV, Humvee (no TOW Humvee), Support Truck. No air assets are available to the US team, only the above-mentioned vehicles, the TOW humvee is not available as its weaponry would be too powerful, you are racing not fighting a war.

Objective: Race along a set of checkpoints determined by the US commander (minimum 5 checkpoints) and be either the first team to reach the Finish or the last one to be alive.

Rules of Engagement: You may fire on any MEC forces who impede your progress in the race. All teams must operate a single vehicle with one player driving, and the other navigating / gunning. All players receive only one life in the race, if you are killed, you lose. If one member of a team is killed, the remaining team-mate may continue on in the race without him.

MEC Team Briefing

Commander: Required
    Team Size: 10 - 31 players
    Team Disposition: N/A
    Available Assets: All ground vehicles and weapons with the exception of Land Mines and C4. Transport helicopters may be used to move teams into positions for ambushes, however no Gunships may be used. Tanks and APCs are all available.

Objective: MEC team will be given 5 minutes before race start to set up ambush positions for US racers. The US commander must notify the MEC commander of the position of all checkpoints, who will then relay them to his team.

Rules of Engagement: MEC forces may fire on any US racers, use of all direct fire weapons is authorized, HAT spamming is ok. However. MEC Players may not chase US Forces. Once you have set up an ambush you must remain in that general area for the duration of the race and cease fire when any racer gets out of range of your position.

END BRIEFING

If you are interested in giving this a try please sign up below and indicate if you would be willing to be commander for at least one race. We will alternate teams after each race so everyone gets a chance to be shot at equally. We will most likely be playing on the TG Practice server, however that depends on whether or not we get an admin's support.

See you on the Battle... err... I mean RACE-field.

Re: DEATH RACE: Friday November 28, 9:00 PM EST, SIGNUP

Extremely interested. I would CO for waypoints at least twice (probably more I love being devious), and I would love to race.

Comment

I'll probably be around .... count me in.

Comment

I could try and mabey mak eit
        -Craz3y-

(\__/)
        (O.o ) Disposable: These [Team stacking]threads are like a woman's period: They come (> <)around once a month and during that time no one is happy. Then it goes away, the sun comes out, birds sing, and everything is cool for 3 weeks, then hell returns again.

Comment

Count me in! Obviously I will like to race, but i have a feeling everyone will get a chance to do both racing and setting up ambushes/being commander and dropping jdams in front of the racers etc.....
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

If i miss this im gonna hate myself, Im in fo sho!
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

count me in.

BTW why is the server locked?

Comment

ugh 9 PM EST doesn't work well for most Europeans I reckon. Have fun though, hope you get admin support.

The server is locked because it is BLACK FRIDAY - PASSWORD NIGHT. Join TeamSpeak and get the password there.

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

'Not How Many But Where'

Comment

If you would like to move this forward, e.g. 4 pm est?? i can set up the priavte server on the training map, make the whole thing a bit more official.

Edit; private server is running kashan 64 training, catch me on teamspeak if you want an announcement in the TS channel, i will be on until around 12 GMT. ( 7 est i think)

Comment

Maybe scale it back to like 5:00 est. Irregulars have a scrim tonight!

Comment

Im all in for it fighter this would be after the scrim
                      |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

disco picked the time and conferred with admins........unfortunately for euro's the time is what the time is, but it doesn't mean that in the future another death race can be set up...........i wish it could have been at 6am so i would have stayed up all night but life is life.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                            disco picked the time and conferred with admins........unfortunately for euro's the time is what the time is, but it doesn't mean that in the future another death race can be set up...........i wish it could have been at 6am so i would have stayed up all night but life is life.
                            Okay good that this is after the scrim. I am now home from Thanksgiving vacation and am going to log back on to my desktop. Count me in Disco! I'll set up the next one is we would like to have another. See you in a few fellow gamers.

PS: Must learn to type fast before Sprint Card loses Internet signal. ;)

Comment

I'll be there for a few rounds.
                              |TG-6th|Belhade
                              "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X