C & C Maps

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C & C Maps

We all had some good introduction to the C&C map mode during the Thanksgiving weekend.

I was wondering how you like the C&C mode, and if you would like to see it played more often, possibly even in the normal rotations.
    Love it - put it on the regular map lists!
    29.41%
    It is great, but for special occasions only
    50.00%
    I can play it if there is a good setup and a pre-set Commander
    19.12%
    I hate it. Make it go away.
    1.47%

The poll is expired.

sigpic

Re: C & C Maps

Special occasions and only if pre-planned (and by this I mean a 5-minute planning phase with a CO and appointed SLs). If not, the game play turns out less to desireable.

| |

Comment

I liked it very much. But I do not want it in the regular rotation since you will need the whole team in on the plan. I do not think that this is possible a public game where players are rotated and some people are not as much interested in holding a position if it does not have a flag.

The gamemode also requires a commander on both sides. This is not a given during a public game. There could also arise some situations where an admin is needed and even though we have almost 24/7 admin coverage I think it would be bad if a situation should arise when there is no admin on.

So keep it something that will be done during password nights and I would love to see more of it.
      If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

What Marine said.

Comment

Pubbie game and C&C = Fail

You need really good coordination for this to work.
          |TG|
          ||||

Comment

i could never understand the point of defending a flag that have apparently no tactical advantage, its pointless. we should be able to choose our fighting grounds, stronghold ect...
            sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

Love it, the ultimate expression of PR but I agree with Kat and Marine, needs 2 commanders and a planning phase to work. Otherwise I imagine it would be nasty.

Comment

Needs to go back to the drawing board IMO.

Comment

I don't think C&C meshes well with the general mayhem of public players, but I'd love to see it show up on password nights.

Totally agree with Marine and Katanama. It needs a planning phase and an admin to chaperon; possibly one for each side until people get the hang of it. Just one squad out of four or five not following orders is enough to destroy a team on C&C.

Comment

I love C&C. I also agree with Marine.
                    This mode really places emphasis on the CO.
                    He needs a minute to think of a plan, then a few more to communicate it to the squads before the round starts. Is there a way to make the initial spawn time 5 minutes on C&C map ?

Tman you were off to a hell of a start before the server crashed on Black Friday.

Good job bro :icon14:

|

Comment

C&C is the embodiment of what PR stands for, however there are a couple of simple things that need to be tweaked to make it the go to standard for PR. The first one that comes to the top of my mind is that there needs to be a timer between the time you finish your outposts and the time you can cap the enemy base (something along the lines of 10 or 15 min). There are probably more, but I've only played C&C a couple of times. Someone should organize a pure C&C night in the near future.

Comment

I agree with WaterIsPoison that it is what PR is really about. This is the kind of simulation that I think the Devs are Striving for. Screw Flags, hold tactical areas and work as a team. However, there are certain problems. It doesn't work on big maps, a map like qwai is really the largest possible size. I also feel that capping the enemy main should somehow be removed and be replaced. Like I said, on large maps, 30 really can't cover an entire area. Often times, a squad can easily slip by and cap the main secretly. THis takes away from tactical aspect and ruins the game. So, in conclusion, it really does require a very large setup and a lot of planning before a game should happen.

Comment

Keep it only for like password nights. :-)
                          ArPeeGee

Comment

These maps require too much coordination for public play. They will remain as a staple for scrimmages and password nights when there is considerably more organization.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

where is the option "no clue, cause i couldn't attend this weekend"?

from my pov only a few ppl exprienced C&C since its never been in the regular rotations
                              (couldnt have been worse than Hills, which we had in there for some time... :P)

i wish i could have been there... have been waiting for C&C to try out on TG ... T.T

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X