BF2 patch 1.5 release - update.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 patch 1.5 release - update.

There has been a lot of discussions on the Battlefield forums regarding the Battlefield 2 Update 1.50, so this is to let you all know what’s happening.

Update 1.50 is still in development, we have held back on releasing the update as we have become aware of and are taking preventative measures against 3rd party tools which have been severely affecting everyone’s playing experience recently by crashing dedicated servers, clients as well as allowing account spoofing. We hope you understand our decision to delay the release to resolve these issues rather than releasing early with a need to update again.

We are looking to release this update by Winter of this year.
    Patch should contain new maps, fix a balance issue with the planes and stop hackers from crashing us/the server.

There will also be an open beta prior to the release:

Yep there will be a public Beta before final so you can see what we have been working on. Some things you'll see/experience and other things you won't as its behind the scenes to secure Battlefield 2 accounts and playing experiences.

The beta would be for everyone that wants to install it, the more people that do the better feedback we get and we don't have an update 1.30 again. That update alone set us on the road of public beta to stop it from happening in another update. The plan is to get it out before Christmas yes.
    Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Re: BF2 patch 1.5 release - update.

Yea was just going to post about this, looking good

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...f-2-1-5-a.html

Quick clarification on this one people.
    I said it was the plan that we'd have the Beta by Christmas not WILL have it out by Christmas.

I know everyone is awaiting the update but I wanted to clear up any misunderstanding or mis-quoting.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost Dog View Post
      Patch should contain new maps, fix a balance issue with the planes and stop hackers from crashing us/the server.
      Is this your assumption or from a quote? I know its assumed this stuff may happen but as far as I know dice has not commented on specifics outside the hacking issues.
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
        Is this your assumption or from a quote? I know its assumed this stuff may happen but as far as I know dice has not commented on specifics outside the hacking issues.
        I asked on the forum just to make sure, hope we get clarification soon :).

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...2-1-5-a-3.html

Comment

That sounds good, but will it affect the PR mod in anyway, like will there need to be a 1.4-1.5 PR conversion patch or something or will it be ok.
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I guess we might get an official fix list today:
            Originally posted by Bazajaytee
            Check out www.battlefield.com later today Gh0stD0g

Comment

Update:

[Battlefield 2] Battlefield 2 Update 1.50 Security Features:

A few months ago we announced Battlefield 2 Update 1.50 was in development, but so far we have been quiet regarding the content of the update. It is time for us to reveal some of the features the update will contain! The priority for us in this update has been to secure Battlefield 2 against a number of attacks against the game.

We have spent time looking into the attacks and implemented short term solutions with the help of GameSpy to limit the impact of stats padding and leaderboard abuse. Other issues have been found to be game and server based, which is where Update 1.50 comes in. what Battlefield 2 1.50 will contain a number of security updates, including the following:

- Server crashing – We have worked with the issues causing servers to crash, which has caused problems for the community (especially those who rent ranked servers).

- Name/ID spoofing – Extra steps have been implemented to ensure the soldier being used belongs to the right account.

- Commander assets – This is to stop the excessive spawning of multiple crates, UAVs or vehicles.

More information on Update 1.50 will be revealed as we approach the release date!
              Looks like one hack will be fixed but nothing official on the CTD hack :(.

Comment

Server crashing issue is the CTD hack.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I haven't looked at any of the links that you posted ghost, nor have i visited any forums as of late, but it seems that the patch is more of a server side patch?

I am wondering, and i'll PM fuzz or some of the guys over at realitymod.com if EA got in touch with them in regards to this patch and if it will in fact hinder PR, as someone else also posted above.

Is there a patch also for BF2142?

I find it kind of weird/odd that is has taken EA so long to actually get this patch rolling, the game has been out for almost 3 years now? I know its one of their most popular online games, but seems like this patch should have been the last patch to come out more than a year ago.

I wonder if it will also effect the expansion packs that go along with BF2, as well as the other mods that BSS etc have been creating......

Anyone know how large the patch file will be?
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

the thing is that i have to give a lot of credit to coders/web guys, and i bet there are some things in the patch that won't be open to the public till after it is released......I hope that the EA guys have some tricks up their sleeves for potential hackers who might try and exploit the patch for their own devious plans.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                      the thing is that i have to give a lot of credit to coders/web guys, and i bet there are some things in the patch that won't be open to the public till after it is released......I hope that the EA guys have some tricks up their sleeves for potential hackers who might try and exploit the patch for their own devious plans.
                      They are going to play this very close to the vest. I'm sure the patch will be rather comprehensive for most of the major exploits available. Also, to your point about the timing of the release, the CTD hack and name spoofing hacks have only become prevalent during the past 6 months or so, as the hacks have become more mature and the companies that provide them have invested more money into them. Yeah, they pay programmers to come up with these things. Pretty sad, developers using their powers for evil, not good. :)

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

if EA got in touch with them in regards to this patch and if it will in fact hinder PR
                        nope, no contact from EA, and if its anything like earlier patches, it usually breaks compatibility, means coder on PR team (E-gor and Kingofcamelot in the past) have to go through and figure out how to make it compatible again.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                          nope, no contact from EA, and if its anything like earlier patches, it usually breaks compatibility, means coder on PR team (E-gor and Kingofcamelot in the past) have to go through and figure out how to make it compatible again.
                          is it maybe worthwhile to not install the patch/have servers that use PR to not install the patch until the coders who volunteer their time with the creation of PR?

The only reason I ask this is that it seems it will be a huge undertaking to get PR on the same level as EA's new patch, if and when it comes out.

I am suprised that there has been no contact via EA, kind off odd and disheartening, has anyone within bss or realitymod.com tried to get in contact with EA?
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't get my hopes too far up about this patch STOPPING hacking. It will certainly slow it down quite a bit, but you can never eliminate every vulnerability, and somebody with nothing better to do will always find a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Riffraffselbow View Post
                              and somebody with nothing better to do will always find a new one.
                              unfortunantly there are thousands of those, and they usually unite their powers on one programm. and that sucks.

I was wondering, do Linux Servers also get hacked?
                              :icon34:sucks

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...