Superb round of Fools Road, 03/12/08.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superb round of Fools Road, 03/12/08.

Just wanted to say thanks and well played to all involved in yesterdays epic round of Fools Road. Militia won the nail biting finish by 5 tickets after a 2 hour + (I think) epic that displayed some fantastic teamwork, coordination and individual heroism. Particular thanks to my squad, Sqaud 1 Brits who numbered amongst their ranks, MP40, Logical, Junglista, Crawlingeye, GodRexferal and a couple of others (sorry not reviewed the BFR yet and I'm terrible with names. All were superb throughout, including the unnamed soldiers (I will address that later). To put it bluntly one of the best squads I have had the pleasure of leading in quite a while. Can do attitude, kit discipline, comms discipline, movement discipline the lot. All shooters, all team players. Dont always enjoy that particular map as I find it get's old fast but that was one of the most enjoyable rounds I have had for a long time.

Massive thumbs up to the Militia team who gave us one of the toughest scraps I have had in a long time on that map, excellent infantry work and use of their tanks. They also seemed very coordinated and attacked with numbers instead of the slightly disparate hit and run tactics that the whole militia team always employs on this map, which I think leads to a dull stale mate most of the time. Interesting blend of traditional infantry style combined with a more mobile, militia approach. Obviously effective as they won. Well played.

Re: Superb round of Fools Road, 03/12/08.

A great round indeed. Excellent squad leading on your part Wickens. I want to point out the great support the apc squad gave us. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was Gunner of doom. He was always right there to drop ammo for my HAT kit and support the infantry. One really intense moment, he came up on the hill overlooking Hilltop to resupply me. A tank immediately came up behind us and destroyed the apc. He dismounted, covered me as we searched for an ammo box in the area, and killed an enemy engineer. I reloaded and destroyed the tank thanks to his help. This was all coordinated on Teamspeak. Great teamwork!
    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

I only caught the tail end of that furball, but it definately seemed like something big had been brewing for the whole round. I was involved in the last 30 min or so including the final recapping of Hilltop and the struggle for Village that followed. Being on the Militia team, I can tell you that, even after we had gotten the bleed on village for a few minutes, everybody knew it was going to be close.

I was in |TG-Irr|Riffraff's squad and by the round's end we were all enforcing respawn discipline, where everyone was told to wait the full 2 minutes before giving up. In fact, at the time the round ended, with a 5 - 0 win, there were actually 5 of us who were critically wounded... spooky eh?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoJedi View Post
        I only caught the tail end of that furball, but it definately seemed like something big had been brewing for the whole round. I was involved in the last 30 min or so including the final recapping of Hilltop and the struggle for Village that followed. Being on the Militia team, I can tell you that, even after we had gotten the bleed on village for a few minutes, everybody knew it was going to be close.

I was in |TG-Irr|Riffraff's squad and by the round's end we were all enforcing respawn discipline, where everyone was told to wait the full 2 minutes before giving up. In fact, at the time the round ended, with a 5 - 0 win, there were actually 5 of us who were critically wounded... spooky eh?
        Was a great round. That is definitely the right way to play: once warehouse is capped, get EVERYONE but a token defense into the village flag cap radius.

I honestly thought the brits were going to win by ~50-80 tickets.

Comment

It was pretty cool.
          sigpic

Comment

It was definitely great, however the Korengal Valley round last night was excellent. I've never seen the insurgents fight with such vigor.

Comment

twas a good round, i was on militia in the armour squad after we managed to capture a british H-AT kit. APC's fear me.

Comment

Oh, I was heart broken. The Brits had it in the beginning, but somehow, the militia pushed us all the way back in a fast, coordinated fashion.

Comment

Also a very good round of Fool's Road Today 12/5/08. Good fun good games

Comment

Originally posted by mp40x View Post
                    A great round indeed. Excellent squad leading on your part Wickens. I want to point out the great support the apc squad gave us. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was Gunner of doom. He was always right there to drop ammo for my HAT kit and support the infantry. One really intense moment, he came up on the hill overlooking Hilltop to resupply me. A tank immediately came up behind us and destroyed the apc. He dismounted, covered me as we searched for an ammo box in the area, and killed an enemy engineer. I reloaded and destroyed the tank thanks to his help. This was all coordinated on Teamspeak. Great teamwork!
                    You did a great job too, I think you killed two tanks, made my life in a APC very easy. And Wickens rocked as per usual.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X