Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying out PR again. Could someone help me out though?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying out PR again. Could someone help me out though?

It seems that i keep getting the warning screen everytime i launch PR. I thought i did the process correctly in getting it to launch correctly but i guess not. Could someone help me out? I am on TS right now and would greatly appreciate some assistance.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: Trying out PR again. Could someone help me out though?

update BF2 vanilla from EA games > latest patch.
    update PR from www.realitymod.com > latest patch
    update punkbuster from www.evenbalance.com

if you have a downloaded version of BF2 rather than a CD/DVD version, there are other problems people have...can't help you with those!
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Ill jump on TS and help
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

im using XP64 and the downloaded copy of bf2. does that make the process even more different?

Spartan 4

Comment

maybe post a screenine of the error? this may help some of us in helping you

Comment

Here's betting it's the shaders warning. Launch it through the shortcut on desktop or by going to <bf2 install directory>/mods/pr and running pr.exe

Comment

I BELIEVE the downloaded copy of bf2 (from ea downloader) has issues with the pr.exe.

Should look for more info on that, but yea I think that might be your probelm.

Comment

well i looked for a fix on the PR forums and found something. Unfortunately it doens't work for every vista owner and i am one of those. So, it looks like i won't be joining you guys on the battlefield.

Peace

Spartan 4

Comment

What you could do is download Daemon Tools(FREE download BTW) and then download a copy of the mini image(also FREE to download) from some place like gamecopyworld.com. After downloading and installing Daemon Tools you can then "Mount" the mini image into Daemon Tools. It is a no CD fix that a lot of people have had to do with the downloaded version of BF2. I use Daemon Tools and a mini image and that way my original disk is kept in a safe place with no fear of getting damaged. Of course I made my own mini image cause at that time I did not know you could download them so readily.

I am sure we can get you up and running. As long as your hardware is good enough to run the games(BF2 and PR).

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                    I BELIEVE the downloaded copy of bf2 (from ea downloader) has issues with the pr.exe.

Should look for more info on that, but yea I think that might be your probelm.

Iv'e herd this two, I have also posted to your original post in the Tec Forum.
                    sigpic
                    "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

I use a disk image to play like msdz says, I dont even have a dvd drive connected to my machine.
                      If you own the original I dont think anyone can really hold it against you especially if you having problems

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I use a disk image to play like msdz says, I dont even have a dvd drive connected to my machine.
                        I am the same way. Only time I use a DVD drive is when formatting and reinstalling windows...

I legally own BF2 but using the disc is no longer necesary. This is especially true now that most games you can purchase on steam or other download sites. Unforunately the EA download site has issues with PR :(

Comment

i got it working guys. I tried out the fixes that were posted on the PR forums. I went back to XP and tried the BATCH fix and it did the job. now if only there was room on the server haha.

Spartan 4

Comment

That is good to hear. Room on the server, only time that happens is sometimes late at night or if a map comes up nobody likes and they all leave.

Comment

good to hear viper! yea dual booting vista / xp is probably the best route if you absolutely MUST have vista...

truly i would skip vista entirely and get windows server 2008 or wait for the next windows...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X