Suicide

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suicide

I know it is ok to do suicide attacks as an insurgent and ONLY as an insurgent. What as come across to me is when is it ok to self suicide? Let me give an example, you are with your whole squad at train on Fools Road. You want to set up a firebase but have no CO truck. You are playing a pick up game and have no CO to co-ordinate with. You need this Firebase fast, so you Suicide and spawn at the main to grab a CO truck. It has been suggested that that example would be against the spirit of the TG server on the basis that it is not realistic. The other side is that it is just a tactical sacrifice of a ticket for fast response to a need.

I'm asking this because another TG member and I could not agree.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Re: Suicide

Absolutely no problem with this at all. The rule is suicide attacks, such as ramming a helicopter into a vehicle or troops, etc. etc.

In this case, you already pay the penalty with a 60-second spawn and you cost your team a ticket. That's enough for me.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I do not play this game to win at all costs, and I also like to keep up the appearance that the life of the virtual soldiers actually mean something. As a result I neither suicide myself nor ask my squad members to suicide.

Comment

A rule in my squads is: Dying is not an option (This includes self suicide just to link up with your squad and so on..)
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

I just fake a friendly fire incident.

Haikus are easy.
          But sometimes they don't make sense.
          Refrigerator.

Comment

Now if you decide to suicide by throwing a grenade down and killing/mortally wounding your fellow squad or teammates next to you, then i have a major problem and i might even question your mental health. But pressing the suicide button, waiting the 60 seconds to spawn at the main and get an Officer kit/a command truck so you can set a rally/set up a firebase is acceptable, just know that the ticket you lost your team you better get back by killing at least 1 or 2 members of the opposite team.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
              I just fake a friendly fire incident.
              Caffiene: thanks for the links to those awesome pictures in your sig, this one in particular:

I was looking for this; it made the cover of the LA times a while back, and is not only striking, but looks remarkably like PR's Korengal.

Comment

On a similar note:

I sometimes get asked by squad members/leaders who are in the wrong place or have the wrong kit to shoot them. The logic, apparently, is that it saves the longer spawn time from a self-suicide. I assumed this was against the rules, due to the teamkill, but it continues to crop up again and again.

Do the admins have a stance on it?
                | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                Charge for the guns' he said:
                Into the valley of Death
                  Rode the six hundred.

Comment

in some dire cases i have been asked and i have seen this happen, the thing is that if you do this you wait until the persons kit disappears and then the player picks the kit (non-special kit) they were using, or another one and you get the person revived, and they then show up with that such kit. (if you needed another ammo bag, medic, mine, if it was an SL who didn't have an officer kit and selected it to set an RP)

In only extreme dire circumstances have i seen this happen (i've only witnessed it 3 times, and the third time it didn't work because a player shot the person in the head).

In War there are those extreme dire circumstances, in all 3 of these the SL gave the approval, and even in one case the SL asked the CO and the CO gave the approval and the SL then said do it.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Fast moving target this thread....

Wasn't 30 minutes ago I was in that game. Quite a delima....a moral question?

I have to say, the rules are fairly clear:

1. Strive for realism

Tactical Gamer promotes playing the game in as realistic manner as possible, with players utilizing military tactics to the best of their ability. The game should be played with the emphasis on teamwork and tactics, and players should avoid at all costs utilizing a feature of the game as an exploit to gain an advantage over their opponents. Use weapons and vehicles in as realistic manner as possible.

I think utilizing any feature of the game, specifically your abililty to re-spawn (a basic right of all players) to take advantage of a map situation is against the rules of TG and the server. More specifically, I think suicide en-masse by a squad to re-spawn to re-locate is totally against realism and the whole reason we play here.

TMAN
                    sigpic

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if the mod developers said this was unintended. In my eyes this would make it an exploit. Hard to moderate but still discouragable.
                      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I had to suicide the other night on Barracuda...i got stuck in one of the rock chasms on the beachhead by the Airfield. My engineer had just switched kits and couldn't grapple me out. So I tossed two of my grenades in the general direction of the enemy position and dropped the last at my feet...
                        |TG-6th|Belhade
                        "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Slippery slope time: What if a player is wounded (down but can be revived) and the SL sees a vehicle available in the main and tells the player to give up? Isn't this a suicide? Are we really suggesting that admins have to deal with this as well?

Let's get real here, or perhaps a bunch of people need to admin for a couple of months, which should be enough time for them to go stark raving mad. Can we put an end to this lunacy?

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Slippery slope time: What if a player is wounded (down but can be revived) and the SM sees a vehicle available in the main and tells the player to give up? Isn't this a suicide? Are we really suggesting that admins have to deal with this as well?
                            (That is a suicide and I wouldn't tell my SL to do so). No, I think this one of those issues where we show why there is the line "The PREMIERE online community for mature gamers" below the Tactical Gamer title on this forum. Powergamers will most likely continue to suicide, but I think the majority knows that suiciding in some cases is abusing the game mechaninics. Most of the suicides I come across are when players get stuck in objects. I have public players joining my squad when they are on the other side of the map. Still they do not suicide but instead we get through some trouble to join up. The resulting thank you is much more rewarding than seeming them magically respawn from the RP.

Comment

Originally posted by draeh
                              1) there is a huge time penalty (60s to start). 2) You can only spawn on your SLs rally point, a forward FOB, or back at the main. 3) SLs must have two other SMs around to even place a rally point. Both rally points and FOBs can be destroyed by the enemy, so they are usually away from the fighting in more or less secure locations.

The makers of PR have really made the use of that button rather moot. It will not gain you any kind of tactical advantage.
                              And Like a wise Admin said, "Try and enforce it as an Admin...."

If you don't believe in it, don't do it, simple as that.
                              What's weird about a young goats head, smoking a joint, tied with a scarf to a mobile artillery gun? - Jeepo

Killing threads since 2007

| |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...