Looking for a squad invite...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a squad invite...

I am looking for some folks to meet up with for some quality PR, and to show a new guy around. I'd love to join in on a IHS practice or hop into some groups regular week night to get a feel for the mod. I don't mind doing taking direction at all. PM me if you have space or time thanks.
    I am a regular on the 2142 server, a experienced BF2 league player, and fully support the concepts behind the TG community.

So for I've been playing around with PR for about two weeks, and it has been like the worst of pubbing. So someone show a guy a good time.
    "We the unwilling,
    lead by the unknowing,
    have done so much with so little for so long
    we can now do anything with nothing."

Re: Looking for a squad invite...

Welcome! If you are interested in practices try signing up for one of our many TG University courses, see the stickied threads for more information. You can also hop in our Teamspeak channel, there are always some players in there who would be willing to show you the ropes.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Hop on Team Speak tonight and we'll show you the ropes. We have a private server floating around somewhere if you want a quick crash-course...

P.S.
      Who wouldn't want Michael Bolton in their squad!?!
      :)
      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

You just have to join a regular squad, theres a good chance you will just be able to hop in without an appointment. Make a note of a few names on this forum and try and join in those squads in game, even if they arent leading it should be ok.
        IHS isnt strictly necessary, make sure you read or print off the manual so you can check that in game.

In order to fire straight you need to do at least one of the following: Kneel, look down the barrel and fire once a second

http://www.realitymod.com/wiki/index...&printable=yes

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Thanks.
          I'm just trying to avoid the @$$hole factor. The squads with people who's names I recognize have been consistently full so far.
          "We the unwilling,
          lead by the unknowing,

Comment

Originally posted by McKee View Post
            Thanks.
            I'm just trying to avoid the @$$hole factor. The squads with people who's names I recognize have been consistently full so far.
            That's why it is best to go on team speak and ask someone to show you around. Good Squad leaders squad fill very fast but they are usually willing to make room for someone new. Just ask it doesn't hurt.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

McKee - what is your in-game name? I'll try to shoot you an invite next time you are on when I'm playing. If you see me then get my attention in chat and I'll try to get you into the squad.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                Hop on Team Speak tonight and we'll show you the ropes. We have a private server floating around somewhere if you want a quick crash-course...

P.S.
                Who wouldn't want Michael Bolton in their squad!?!
                :)

You know when warehouse says hop on TS he means business!!

Welcome Mckee hop on TS and if you see me in game (My in game name is Bob_Vila_PowerTools, though i might be sporting: My Name Jose Jimenez here and there) but please feel free to join my squad I will be more than happy to show you the ropes, and also send you walking into a free fire zone and let you see how things are on done on earth.

Also if you are around sign up for the TGU Basic SL session.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                  McKee - what is your in-game name? I'll try to shoot you an invite next time you are on when I'm playing. If you see me then get my attention in chat and I'll try to get you into the squad.
                  Thanks. In game name is R&ndom.

My apologies to all, I'm now feeling sheepish and over dramatic. Yesterday afternoons encounter made me want admin privileges so I could abuse them... or arti so I could "punish" my own squad. I'll be on TS and speak up.
                  "We the unwilling,
                  lead by the unknowing,

Comment

If i finish my daily honey do list, I'll log on soon
                    "We the unwilling,
                    lead by the unknowing,

Comment

welcome to PR!
                      i created this thread, which suggests ways to improve players' levels of gameplay (and perhaps reduce what i like to call "the blue guy effect"), during the release of the last patch, but nearly all of it still applies today. give it a read and you'll probably learn a lot, especially if you try and employ some of the points i've mentioned. remember, this is just my opinion on how to be successful in PR; please take it however you'd like, but just know it works very well for the squads i choose to play in.

Comment

Maybe this would help too.

TG Mentor Program
                        sigpic
                        I'm Back.

Comment

I looked for ya tonight [email protected] but never saw you in game/TS.
                          Maybe tomorrow :)

Were u secretly recording a new album or something???
                          [media]http://www.ticketluck.com/images/Michael-Bolton.gif[/media]
                          |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Join up anytime! I would be happy to show you some things on PR.
                            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X