What are you? Leader or Follower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you? Leader or Follower

It's a trend I'm sure we're all aware of. Typically, the same people tend to SL every round, these players are usually either TG regulars or IHS members.

I was just curious to see which roles you guys usually fill.

Are you a Leader or Follower?
    Commander
    1.20%
    Squad Leader
    49.40%
    Squad Member
    49.40%
    |TG|
    ||||

Re: What are you? Leader or Follower

A month ago I would have answered follower; I don't think that leading a 2 man helo squad really counts as being a "leader" for me. But now, I feel like I am more of a leader, and my time in game is beginning to show it. Flying, or using other assets, is now the exception rather than the rule.

Comment

Depends what i'm leading.

If its something like Helo Trans, I'll usually be the one starting it up, and setting the vectors for my other pilots if I'm not flying myself. If its infanty/armor I rather be a squadmember either medic, driver/gunner, or engy, just helping support. For some reason, I'm attracted to medic.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

I've been squad leading so much now that I almost can't stand being a squad-mate. Besides, I don't like being told what to do :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

I tend to SL a lot, but I honestly enjoy being a SM, you don't have to make decisions and it's easier to have a good time.

I'm versatile and can do both.

I'm going to predict we will have about 75% SL, 23% SM and 2% CO
          |TG|
          ||||

Comment

50% commander
            25% SL
            25% SM

i think

| | | |

Comment

I'm usually a SM but I've been trying more and more to be a squadleader. Sometimes we perform well and sometimes we don't. I had one really bad experience today playing Al Kufra that might put me off from SL'ing for a while...

Comment

Originally posted by WaterIsPoison View Post
                I'm usually a SM but I've been trying more and more to be a squadleader. Sometimes we perform well and sometimes we don't. I had one really bad experience today playing Al Kufra that might put me off from SL'ing for a while...
                Really?

I loved that Al Kufrah, I lead a 3 tank armour squad that went with 0 deaths, we eliminated all the hostile armour and had some fun with the enemy infantry.
                |TG|
                ||||

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                  Really?

I loved that Al Kufrah, I lead a 3 tank armour squad that went with 0 deaths, we eliminated all the hostile armour and had some fun with the enemy infantry.
                  Well, my goal was to lead a small three main armor support squad to make sure you guys didn't get too beat up. It was me, a guy named |TG|Greenthorn, and |TG|Killgore(I think that's his name). We started following you in a com truck with my guys as engineers while you guys started to engage the other tanks. Greenthorn was a little chatty and then died somehow (I forget exactly what happened). I told him to come back with an engineer landy (just because they are more mobile and are a smaller target for opposing tanks). Killgore hopped in with him and I decided that I would ask you to ride in the .50 spot on your lead tank to help direct my squad with repairs and you wouldn't have a large, slow moving target (the com truck) to give away your position. However when I told my squad that I was moving into a tank, Greenthorn told me "to **** yourself" and left my squad. Kilgore followed suit and I was left alone. It was disheartening to say the least.

Comment

Don't let one bad round get you down man. Soon you will have one of those magic rounds where you can do no wrong. Just stick with it.
                    Retired 6th DB

Comment

Back when i played, i only liked to play Squad leader. God i miss this game.

Kufrah is the devil. I would promptly do something else whenever that map came on...gross.

Comment

Originally posted by oldirti View Post
                        Kufrah is the devil. I would promptly do something else whenever that map came on...gross.
                        I could not agree with you more. I cannot stand that map. Even in 0.8 with somewhat marginal improvements to balance. On the infantry only layout it is somewhat tolerable, but still a vastly unsatisfying experience compared to other maps.

Sorry to pull things off topic there, I just really don't like Kufrah.

As before. Go leader!

Comment

I'm mostly a Squad Leader. I can probably lead any type of squad (some better than others). But I find myself burned out of SLing sometimes, and just want to run around and follow orders.

| |

Comment

If I lead I prefer not to give any orders, chaos :icon_lol:

Lead or not, its easier to concentrate without too many questions just people being useful

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Driver
                              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed