Anti-Insurgency SOP's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anti-Insurgency SOP's

I am currently in the process of drafting a guide for US/UK forces on Insurgency maps, focusing initially on Ramiel. I have learnt a few lessons from various rounds with other players and made my own conclusions and would like to gauge people's interests in the subject.

I hope to finish my first draft shortly of what I hope willl be a living document that others may wish to add to.

I am a slow typist so I don't want to waste my time typing it up and anyone else's reading this if there is little interest. Most of the my initial content will be based on painful lessons learned in game and to some extent real world tactics where they translate well.

Would anyone be interested in reading this and perhaps contributing at some stage? Is it something that others feel is worth discussing?

Your thoughts are welcome gentleman, try to be reasonably constructive if you can please lol!

Re: Anti-Insurgency SOP's

i would definatly read it wicks and i'd contribute if i had any thoughts of my own

Comment

Ofcourse I'll look it over. If I can add anything I'll surely contribute.

I could use some help on Insuregensy, it's a hard gamemode.
      |TG|
      ||||

Comment

I like reading.

I think the tactic we need to get down on paper *err... webcode? :P* is from a night on Ramiel a few weeks ago where, I believe it was Disposable, lead the entire US team em masse to each cache in turn. The Insurgents were totally helpless against the full might of the US forces. I know, I was on the insurgent team.

One aside however; bear in mind Wickens that v0.85 should be arriving sometime in the next 4 to 8 weeks / months. Naturally we don't know exactly when, but it will be hear soon(ish), and it is bringing in some changes that should drastically change the way NATO forces operate on insurgency maps. Perhaps it would be better to hold off publishing such a tactical document until we've played the new version?

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoJedi View Post
          I think the tactic we need to get down on paper *err... webcode? :P* is from a night on Ramiel a few weeks ago where, I believe it was Disposable, lead the entire US team em masse to each cache in turn. The Insurgents were totally helpless against the full might of the US forces. I know, I was on the insurgent team.
          Zaboo, Cougar, Warehouse, and SuperCobra happened to be in TS and talking. No CO.

|
          |

Comment

Thanks gentleman and point taken about the forthcoming release, I had thought about that but I do intend this to be a living, evolving document. From past experiences playing insurgency with some of the devs I believe at least some of my thoughts are in line with the way Insurgency is going. I hope to cover a wide range of tactics in the document from overall strategy and the psychological aspects of that down to small unit tactics and individual infantry strategy and tips. I will post my work in progress when it is in a readable state and perhaps we can go from there.

Comment

I'd definitely read it and offer any help I could on the subject.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

In the words of Portable.Cougar as a USMC soldier on Korengal - "12 is better than 6."
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Death to the infidels! *spits on ground*

But srsly, I'd love to see such as document.

Comment

I would PM katanama, he has some great insurgency tactics, runs the best Brit/US squads ive played in on Ramiel and Basrah.

Comment

you need a 10 finger system typist - preferably some one you get along with and that can contribute to the topic as well - might want to do some TS sessions... just an idea

Comment

There's always interest in this type of stuff. I wrote a guide to playing as insurgent a while back, you may be able to cannibalize some of my work (feel free if you'd like) http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...insurgent.html
                        I think I wrote a fairly good section on the misconceptions about what an insurgent's objectives should be (Many play like it's AAS; sitting on top of the cache, ending up giving away it's location).
                        Also, it's certainly not the word of gospel handed down from on high; Some or much of it may be incorrect. In particular, NATO no longer loses 10 tickets for killing collabs.

Comment

Strength in numbers

Only attck when you have overwelming fire support.
                          doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Oh the irony, last night I had my worst ever round of Insurgency as US on Ramiel, rage quit twice, spent most of the round being mysteriously 1 shotted in the head by AK's or being run down by cars and technicals over and over.

I did advise my squad that I was not practising any of the specific tactics contained within the draft guide, good job really as it would be in the bin now.

Finished with a negative or barely psoitive K/D as US on an insurgency map, disgusted with myself. Plus had an unknown program running in the background that seemed to make the lag I sometimes get on that map almost unbearable, to the point that I had a splitting headache by the time I finished. Fair play to the insurgents who hammered us.

I know it's purely psychological and probably sour grapes but somebody on the opposing team was unbelievable with an AK, on more the one occasion this chap turned whilst engaging another player, insta proned and headshot me with his first or second round. Several players in my squad had the same experience, odd? First time in ages I have noticed a player doing this to that extent, normally you just write it off as luck, the rounds have to land somewhere I suppose but this was fairly consistent. If there's nothing underhand at work then my hat is off to him at it was great skill. Just seemed strange that I couldn't hit him scoped in but he could iron sight me that rapidly in 1 or 2 rounds. Anyway I will let the bitterness drift away now lol.

Comment

Wickens, surely your not telling me you got your arse kicked by a couple of the local militia some rusty Russian rifles....

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X