Ghost Missles!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost Missles!

Earlier today, there was an incident on a round of barracuda. A soldier on the PLA team fired AA missiles at an attacking Hydra Huey, and within seconds, 15 people on the US team were dead, including two regular transport Hueys on the carrier.

How did this happen? I'll tell you. It went something like this...

So how did this happen exactly? Fluke? Glitch? The Power of G-d?

The poor guy firing the AA nearly got in serious trouble for the mishap. Fortunately, the error was explained and the match continued on.

Ironically, the PLA ended up winning by a very narrow margin of 25 tickets, 15 of which were owed to this fluke.

Re: Ghost Missles!

Wow, that's freaky. :)

So he only fired at that first Huey, but for some reason the two on the carrier exploded? Messed up.

Comment

just read to the end of my AAR:
      http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...han-story.html

something similar happened, friendly fire incident though..

i think its a mixture of lag, lost packets, the slow BF2 network protocols, and bad luck.

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

The blast radius on aa is bigger then any other missile afaik but the video shows it hitting the first helis flares then destroying all three?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

wow, thats funny and messed up at the same time :D

Awsome video though

That's happend to me twice and I knew it was a fluke, but still, I was pissed. I wish you could activate some deflector sheild around the carrier that would protect it fron stuff, and everything that came in this radius burned up on impact.
          |TG|
          ||||

Comment

What was the chopper that landed on the carrier? It looks to me like the one fired on survived!
            |TG-6th|Belhade
            "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

LOL! Im sorry but watching everyone die and then having the Hydra Huey safely land back on the carrier was just hilarious. But strange stuff...

|
              |

|TG-X|SuperCobra

Comment

Originally posted by SuperCobra View Post
                LOL! Im sorry but watching everyone die and then having the Hydra Huey safely land back on the carrier was just hilarious. But strange stuff...
                I know man, I laughed my A$$ off the first time. Also, though I can't replicate this in the BFR, I swear that when the missiles hit and the people died, I heard all of them die: i.e. I heard the US death-voices going "gah!" "oomph!" "waaagh!".

This even though I was all the way on the island standing not 10 metres from the AA that fired the killing blows. No one else in my squad heard it, so it was just an audio bug I was fortunate enough to experience.

Comment

From what I've heard, when the missiles miss a chopper they continue to fly on till hitting something. Hence why when you're sitting on the carrier, you suddenly get a lock and explode. The missiles explode on impact even if they go through the flare, so they'll continue on and lock onto the next target.

Barracuda has the carrier too close to the island, which causes this to happen from time to time. :P
                  ArPeeGee

Comment

I was in the full squad dying next to the two choppers blowing up. Sucked.

Comment

I was the guy who shot the AA......

Comment

ahahahaha!

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

It's because if a missile misses its target, there's a 'cone' of about 30 degrees in front of it where anything inside the 'one' will become the new target for the missile. Hydra Huey flares, missile misses, locks on to first target it sees, which is a Huey taking off. Dunno how it destroyed the other one on deck though.
                          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Welcome Surfer! You've made quite the entrance! :)
                            sigpic
                            I'm Back.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperCobra View Post
                              Yes it was!
                              Thats one lucky Hydra pilot!
                              And 15 unlucky soldiers

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse