Ribbons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbons

Please congratulate your fellow TG players on their achievements! Also, please remember it only takes a few minutes to nominate one of your teammates for a ribbon (see the link in my signature). Keep those nominations coming in.

Distinguished Defense

Who?

TG Forum name: Warlab (Class II), Liquid.Watcher, Camlost.

What?

Distinguished Defense

Where?

Black Friday Pickem Game, Jabal November 28. 2008

How?

While participating in the Black Friday Pickem Game, our squad was ordered to the Dam to assist in building and defending. Our squad, consisting of myself and the ribbon nominees, Successfully defended Dam through 2 assaults from enemy forces consisting of APCs and infantry.

After the defense of Dam, we were ordered alone to take and defend West Beach. The squad moved out, taking West Beach without much resistance. We then proceeded to hold the position until the commander could bring up a command truck for a bunker build. We assisted another squad in building the bunker and the subsequent defenses in front of the facility.

The squad then was encountered by several helicopter assaults that were all turned away by a combination of AA fire and emplaced HMG fire.

Continuing the defense, the squad was assaulted by 2 APCs in the water that made it ashore. This was accompanied by 2 squads of infantry. The squad successfully fought off all attackers, holding West Beach without loosing the rally.

The squad continued the defense of West beach fending off an infantry attack from the hills North East of the beach. This attack was also fought away.

The members of the squad stayed in their defense as ordered, and was meticulous in the proper use of assets and AA components of the defense. Their ability to stand and fight without wandering off following orders was commendable and best supported the teams overall effort to secure the entire map and with the match.

I belive these TG members deserve recognition for their stubborn defense of West Beach.

--------------------------------------------

Distinguished Squad Leader(class1)

TG Forum name: mp40x

What?
    Distinguished Squad Leader(class1)

Where?
    Quai River, December 4, 2008

How?

I got in game, and joined up with mp40xs squad. He was attempting a capture of Temple with 1 APC and some infantry. He was mined in against a set of trees and the situation looked grim. I took the other APC and joined him and the squad, and he organized the spawning of 2 engineers back at main. We travelled back on his orders, picked up the engineers and headed back to remove the mine and heal up the vehicles. Mp40x lead the capture of the Temple and we moved on to Fishing Village.

MP40x lead 2 more engagements that I remember with the APCs, until we lost them. We then proceeded to attach Government Office against a defense of at least twice our size. Through good use of a vodnik and engineer car to jump the wall, we took government from the enemy and held it through counterattacks for the rest of the match.

MP40x showed calm leadership throughout the map, taking point after point from the enemy. His careful planning, leadership and tenacity helped the team win the round, and garnered 9000 squad points and 70+ squad kills for the round (screen shot attached, but not the end of the game).

MP40x displayed the best of TG in his leadership, and it was one of the better experiences I have had recently under a squad leader.

Distinguished Armor(class1)

Who?
    TG Forum name: Sonic

What?
    Distinguished Armor

Where?
    Quai River, December 4, 2008

How?

When I got in game, I joined up with Sonic in an APC I was driving and he was gunning. The SL was attempting a capture of Temple with 1 APC and some infantry. The SL was mined in against a set of trees and the situation looked grim. I took the other APC and joined him and the squad, and he organized the spawning of 2 engineers back at main. Sonic and I travelled back on his orders, picked up the engineers and headed back to remove the mine and heal up the vehicles. Mp40x lead the capture of the Temple and we moved on to Fishing Village.Sonic engaged a Hummer and Stryker at Temple before we left, killing both.

We moved on to Fishing Village and the outskirts of Estate to patrol the area. We engaged a full squad south of Estate, wiping them out. We moved on to Fishing proper and eliminated an enemy fire base there as well as most of the infantry, enabling the building of a friendly firebase and capture of the flag.

We continued to patrol and kill, I honestly cant even remember where. Sonic racked up 42 kills by the time I took the attached screen shot. His ability to find, engage and destroy the enemy was awesome to watch from the driver seat.

After later loosing the APC, Sonic stepped up to fly the attack chopper, assisting with the capture of government office and the ending of several assaults on both government office and processing.

Sonic did an awesome job, staying calm and focused while destroying the enemy at almost all points on the battlefield. His ability to use the APC to its fullest capability, supporting the squad and doing great things demonstrated the best in TG ideals and reflects great credit on himself, the TG community and the PR community in TG in particular.

Distinguished Medic(class1)

Who?
    |TG-MD6|mp40x

What?
    Distinguished Medic(class1)

Where?
    Qwai river, Kashan Desert

When?
    December 5, 2008 and December 4, 2008

How?
    During the round of Kashan on december 4th, mp40x served as the squads only medic, when i asked for volunteers he stepped up strait away and was eager to fulfill the role to its maximum potential. At first everything went smoothly with a quick assault and very few injuries, any that were sustained were quick to be put right by mp40x and any casualties were revived in good time, but safely, with smoke thrown and the area cleared before hand. During several assault mp40x was left as last man standing and his outstanding determination enabled him to bring the squad back form the brink of extiniction in order to dominate the enemy. At the end of the round our team had around 100 less deaths than the enemy which was due in no small part to the excellent use of the medic kit by mp40x.
    If that wasnt enough i also played a round today with mp40x, this time i was not squad leader, but once again mp40x stepped up to play medic and did an outstanding job. Many a ticket was saved due to his contributions and at the end of this round of qwai, our team managed to win by 60 tickets, even after being pushed back all the way to the last flag several times, because we had suffered signifacty less losses than the enemy team, again, partly thanks to mp40x.

Distinguished Anti-Tank(class1)

Who?
    Almightylion

What?
    Distinguished Anti Tank(class1)

Where?
    Kashan Desert

When?
    December 5, 08

How?
    During this round of kashan desert almightylion showed a brilliant understanding of the anti-tank kit, and how to use it effectively. At the starrt of the round he was dropped by helicopter onto a small hill overlooking the crucial control points of the bunker complex, and with supplies dropped began overwatch of the flags. while my squad was busy inside the north bunker, Almightylion was outside defending us from waves of humvees attackg from north and east, as well as destroying comand trucks and firebases that were being built in the area. Once the team had complete dominance over the bunker complex, Lion called for a helicopter extract after moving to a safe locatiion and pushed up to help assist the team in defence of north village and the surrounding hills. By a rough count i saw around 10 humvees and 4 command trucks, as well as 3 firebases and even a blackhawk fall to the might of the ERYX in Almightylions hands, and to top it off, during the entire round of allmost 2 hours i dont beleive he died even once.

Distinguished Anti-Tank(class1)

Who:Waldo_II

What: Distinguished Anti Tank(class1)

Where: Fool's Road, on the TG PR server

When: Friday, December 5th

How: We were the British team on Fool's Road that friday night. I decided to start an Anti-tank squad to ambush enemy tanks coming down the Western Most Road and to take out armor in general. It worked like a charm, and Waldo showed his true skill with the SRAW anti-tank kit. I believe his K to D ratio was something like 19 to 0. He was able to take out 61/2 tanks(we got one shot off on one tank and were about to kill him when the round ended), 3 or 4 technicals ( there was one instance in which he was under heavy fire but still got off a very nice, accurate shot on a techy which saved the entire squad), 1 BRDM, and several trucks. By constantly keeping the area clear of armor and mobile infantry, we we're able to afford a weaker defense at train which gave us enough force to take Hilltop, and then eventually capture Helicopter. Excellent job waldo!
    |TG-X|cola88

|
    |

Re: Ribbons

Congrats guys! Good stuff!

Comment

Wow! Good job guys!
      |TG-6th|Belhade
      "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Niccccccccce!

|
        |

|TG-X|SuperCobra

Comment

Can I a get a w00t w00t!

Comment

congrats all!

| | | |

Comment

Good show chaps!

Comment

'grats!

Comment

gratz!

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

gratz all

Comment

Well done!

Comment

congrats!
                        [PRLA] Elemanoel

De la cuna de Fangio

Comment

Congrats all. Especially glad to see mp40x get Squad Leader recognition. Always upbeat as an SL or a squad member.

Comment

Congratulations guys!
                            sigpic
                            I'm Back.

Comment

Thanks alot guys, appreciate it

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

'Not How Many But Where'

Comment

Connect