WIP = Suggestions for BF2 PR tactics topic 1 Squad 2 Rallys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIP = Suggestions for BF2 PR tactics topic 1 Squad 2 Rallys

A thought came to me standing outside, something that I have seen utilized often with armor, and even with INF, but something that could be used effectively more often than not. All suggestions will end up in the BF2 PR tactics forum.

1 Squad of 12 with Two Rally Points.

Something like this would have to have both SL's in the PR Leadership Channel, Coordination channel or in a channel by themselves with either the entire squad there or, several members. Even if the squad members are not present or do not have access to the forums it can still work.

1 SL oversees both 6 man squads, the second squad, has an officer to set up a rally but that squad follows the orders of the main SL.

Effectiveness - 12 men are better than 6. Cougar pointed this out in a PR vid I watched on Korengal and the number has stuck with me.

Now, if there is a CO, he must be notified of this so confusion can be kept to a minimum.

having one 12man squad/platoon immediately brings more to the table, and this doesn't necessarily have to be used just with Armor.

Its a pretty simple concept that I would really like to try, and it can work, in theory it has worked before, i have been apart of something like this on Ramiel Recently, however instead of working Jointly, the 2 squads work as one team.

Example -

SL of Squad A instructs SL of squad B to use an officer Kit for rally point only.

SL of Squad A instructs the other 10 members what kits they will use. (if they are not on TS, SL of Squad B relays the info)

Suggestions please: keep the negative criticism to a minimum. No Negative personal opinions, keep them to yourself. It only clutters the thread and won't be in the final write up anyhow. I am looking for constructive criticism only.

**Also note this is for infantry purposes only, no armor related material, if this can be implemented successfully in game i am willing to try in game a combined mechanized infantry unit/include a write up such tactics as well.
    Last edited by Delta*RandyShugart*; 12-19-2008, 02:46 PM.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: WIP = Suggestions for BF2 PR tactics topic 1 Squad 2 Rallys

I am working on a Vol 2 for the "RCT" thing that I have posted: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...n-working.html

I think getting the squad feeling across the two teams (which are technically in different squads) is quite important. Therefor I think (note: Think) it is good to have ALL of them in teamspeak together, forming a squad channel.

I think that if the squads are separated and only the squad leaders talk to each other the "grunts" may only respond to the fireteam leaders orders, while I think that all of the fireteam members should hear the order form the overall squad leader.

That is why I think it is best to have all squadmembers in on teamspeak channel.

PS: Please tell me if you want me to rephrase myself (I am not very good at explaining opinions in english ^^)
    ​​​​​​​

Comment

I agree that all members should be in TS, however I didn't want to make it out to be that just TG registered members could participate in something like this. Though I do realize that regulars who are not registered or who are and don't use our TS regulary (tf21, PR Devs) could still be useful.

Though something like this would need usage in TS, and also to keep that usage disciplined

Also instead of using the degrees on the compass, i think using a standard clock reading is better. I.E. Enemy at my 3 o'clock, or at xyz's 9 o'clock something along the lines of that.

But I agree crawling something like this is best used in a TS channel. Primarily not a Coordination or Leadership channel, but if need be a coordination channel.

If another channel is created it is imperative that no one who is not already in the squad of 12 be in the channel.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

isn't that what TS is for? <- your constructive criticism
        i contend this already happens- and with radio discipline...

i can't hear myself think when 5 blue guys are in my squad, let alone 11.
        /out of control voice comms; no thanks.

----
        edit: ahh same time post --
        as for your new remarks, how would a clock reading be effective if everyone is facing unique directions. i.e., my 3 o'clock while facing West is North, so the person facing North, who hears me call contact at 3 o'clock turns East just in time to take one to the back of the dome piece.
        Last edited by CoronadoSeal; 12-19-2008, 02:36 PM. Reason: same time post

Comment

That is why discipline is mandatory, and only talking for valid targets is necessary and in extreme circumstances requesting to use a kit.

Comm discipline is mandatory anyways in a squad, i tell my squadmates that from the start, actually in the same sentence that also includes that you must ask to use a kit, and also includes no sniper or marksmen unless told otherwise.

Pretty simple and I have a feeling that those who participate in a 1, 12 man squad with two rally's would understand something in that regard. I will give regulars i squad up with regularly the benefit of the doubt.

* Coranado, sometimes i use clock bearings and sometimes i use degrees, that is also why i put it as WIP, depends if the group is in a line formation, wedge....if you are scattered both are confusing.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

TS leadership is for SL's/Commander to communicate.

Coordination is for those who are non sl's/commanders to relay info if necessary.

^^ The above doesn't put up with lolly gagging chatter, nor would i expect that to occur unless a round was over and it was between the loading stages of the next map.

PR Public - is for any type of chat.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Sounds fun!

I would try it ;)
              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Schools out until next year. Im willing to be an SL of Bravo squad, randy. I would like to try this out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
                  Schools out until next year.
                  God help us.....
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Is this similar to the platoon idea. Greater coordination is good but this would place more emphasis on just the squad leader directing 12 people which is not a position I would want.

Personally I want people to be able to handle themselves. I'd send the second squad to cover the right side of a street and its buildings while 1st squad covers the left

Their separate voip channel is an advantage to reducing distractions and if their sl needs to report back he could summarise the right side position and/or act to 1st squad as backup, cover fire and a greater perspective on our rooftops and vice versa

So 2nd squad needs at least a fireteam leader and basically the ability to take over from the squad leader if he should be incapacitated

Main advantages hopefully could be greater redundancy/resilience, coordination and control of an area

If one squad could spawn on either of the two rallys that would be good but obviously its not so easy as that.
                    One squad could send a member to help transport three of the other squad back into the area and therefore help reduce a rp being wiped out from being so important

I think insurgency is the best test of this but it depends alot on the map how this would operate, it'd be very different on kashan I imagine

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Sabre you do bring up an excellent point, the 2nd RP which would be placed in a seperate but close area from the first RP acts as if you could spawn off of the first one.

Ramiel would be a good area to test this, especially with how infantry can be used as a sweeping motion of buildings and other cqb types, and perimeter checks etc.

If all goes well with some run throughs (not just me sling feel free to do this anytime any day etc, i'm just throwing this idea out to the public) this type of idea could be implemented with Kashan or QinLing as a mech inf type, but i want to pay attention to infantry right now, that is a strong interest of mine and since i don't play with the armor assets all that much i'm sticking to the grunt work.

I also envision this working well on Muttrah, something about city maps tickles my fancy, maybe its the way the sun hits the buildings....call me a romantic.

I'll be on TS this evening permitting mother nature doesn't decide to take out my power with the storm that coming through.....sabre thank you for your comments, very much appreciated.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

If you have a freindly CO you could have the Move Marker of the Lead SL mimicked for the sl in the Second Squad

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
                          God help us.....
                          God help you.....

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                            If you have a freindly CO you could have the Move Marker of the Lead SL mimicked for the sl in the Second Squad

Yep Ive thought CAS could really benefit from that and its something only a co can do precisely which is often so important

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Randy this is a great suggestion, but looking from the outside in, have you looked at the logistical aspect of it?

Hopefully this doesnt come off as negative opinion, since that is not what this is meant to be.

if you're operating 12 men, you either
                              a) depending on foot transport
                              b) 1 Supply Truck + 1 Hummer/Light Transport
                              c) 2 Blackhawk/Littlebird Transports
                              d) 2 Nanjings/Vodniks to move your people around (which is excluding USMC/US because hummves are 5people.. so you'd want a 3rd)
                              e) 2 APCs

If you're solely depending on RP's as your means, and are going to walk everywhere, than I see this working perfectly. I think the 6man squad idea is what the PR devs think about when they make vehicles, seeing as how you can only have 8 positions for a vehicle.

What this means (and again not criticizing) is that you would need a very organized team of people to pull of your logistics/transport/support. TG has the people, so in all reality we can make this work, and take this idea to the next level and think about vehicle useage as the next step. I'm not trying to pop the balloon, but to make this idea work, we need to think about how you're not only incorporating your 12 man team, but also how is this going to work with pilots and vehicles on the map. Are there enough vehicles for your 12 man squad to use without being detrimental to the overall movement of the team? You're using the 2 blackhawks on kashan to transport your 12man squad for example, and one gets shot down. You're now down to your regular 6man squad, which would be reverting back to what we're doing now.

I might not be thinking this through fully (i'll give you that benefit), I'm just trying to think of what could come up that might throw a wrench in the idea. You've already said yourself that having a 12 man team would bring more to the table, so let's start thinking of solutions to a potential logistics problem.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X