X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahem...

Gentlemen,

I realize it has been some time since I've had the opportunity to enjoy the pleasure of your company on the server for some well mannered killing, but I have been keeping my eyes and ears open, regardless of how busy my personal life has made me.

I am distressed about something and I'd like you all to heed what I have to say very carefully.

Now, without pointing fingers or naming names, it has been brought to my attention that a message has been circulated about the upcoming TTP scrim. In this message, it states that even though the scrim is to take place on our server, due to the way that TTP likes to play the game, our rules basically end at the "no cheating" line. It also says that bunnyhopping, baserape, etc are all within bounds for the scrim. I find this to be VERY disturbing.

I have played in three TG vs TTP scrims. All of which followed the same sort of mentality, with one HUGE exception: we played by OUR rules NO MATTER WHAT. If TTP decided to use baserape as a viable tactic, we did not. If they bunnyhopped, we kept our feet firmly planted. If they decided to use suicide tactics, we let superior aim and firepower neutralize the threat before it had a chance to go boom. We played the game by TG standards and we won overwhelming victories in ALL COUNTS.

This is how it should be. Just because we're playing against a team that feels that they need to have special concessions made because they dont play to the same level that we do, doesnt mean that we sink to that level. EVER. So why in the hell would we encourage that kind of gameplay now?

I'm not taking part in the scrim because I'm moving to colorado very shortly and my internet sucks worse than a vacuum. But I will be aware of everything that goes on. I have plenty of people to give me feedback and I will be reading the AARs and watching the videos.

I highly encourage and expect you all to play to TG standards and would recommend that if you feel this is something you cannot do, REMOVE YOUR TAGS for the scrim. The TG tags have meaning behind them. They are more than just pipes and letters. They are symbolic of a community that holds itself to a higher standard, regardless of the location or situation. If you cannot adhere to that, do the same thing you would do in any other situation where you play by someone elses rules: take them off.

Otherwise, if in the course of the scrim, anyone participates in this kind of slack-jawed nonsense, I will personally be giving them a piece of my mind. I respect people who hold their heads high no matter what, and I disdain equally those who CHOOSE not to.

Cheers,
    Ferris

Re: Ahem...

well, we are allowed to bunnyhop, but that doesn't mean we ever do/did it. That's just a friendly remark for out TTP opponents i guess. And the baseraping part.. dunno makes the game more exciting i guess..

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

I recomend that this sh*t be aired on other areas. 6th forum, contact an admin, IHS forum or heven forbid the actual Scrim Forum, etc.

Why you think that calling out all TG leadership in one post will make the world better is past me. I just dont seem to understand how or why this is ment to help.
      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Well first off Cougar, if you cant see the pertinence, then I cant help you. Sufficed to say that part of being in the ranks of the "TG leadership" comes with the responibility to answer for the actions you take and the things you say, good or bad. I assumed that everyone that counted themselves amongst the leadership implicitly understood that.

However, it is already being discussed in the 6th forum, and I would be MORE than happy to copy the post to all of the other pertinent forums, save the scrim forum, which I dont have access to on TC because I'm not participating in the scrim. But if you'd like to post it there as well, please do.

EDIT: Done. Posted in the contact an admin forum, team/squad general discussion, and IHS forums.

Comment

Ferris,

I don't know why this has to be brought up, Or even posted in this forum, i agree with cougar 100000000000000000000% the same rules for this match are the same as the previous ones....and thinking that the leadership for this match will be any less than the previous ones is wrong on several different levels.

Whoever told you the information is obviously wrong and should have duct tape placed over their mouth.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I think that even though the rules are different for this scrimmage (and all the other TTP ones), we shouldn't let them get to our heads. Try to play with the same mindset we always do, and if we must base camp fine but try our best to play the way we always do (and still kick them up and down the desert of course!)

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
              I think that even though the rules are different for this scrimmage (and all the other TTP ones), we shouldn't let them get to our heads. Try to play with the same mindset we always do, and if we must base camp fine but try our best to play the way we always do (and still kick them up and down the desert of course!)
              Exactly nardini has a good point here!:icon14:

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

As one for the members who has planned or helped plan most every move of the last 3 TTP scrims of course I take this as personal.

Even at this instant Disposable, Pancho, Katanama and other members are working out planing in this TTP scrim. In no way shape or form are we playing in a mannor that would look badly on TG. The rules for this match have been set long in advance. Main Bases are in play and will be used. Bunny hopping is a non issue with all TG tagged players. At no point are suiside tatcis being brought to the planning phase. If you could read some of the things our lead intellagence officer and other discussed you would change your tune. We are holding ourselfs to the TG ethos.

My problem with this is insted of bringing the "pm" to the attention of Scrim Leadership you decided to fling mud. Understand that I will not allow you to disrespect our scrim leadership. They work very, very hard and go far and above the call of duity to plan and organise these events for TG. Long hours planning, typing. Pancho alone spent up to 15hrs on a private server setting FB's.

Think before you speak.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I would really like to know who started circulating this message..........I feel names should be given in public, not kept silent.

Ferris, just so you know TTP only agreed to these matches if their rules could be used.......that is what Dirtboy and other bf2 admins had to sign off on. Now the plus side of us using TG's server is that it won't crash or have problems in the beginning with restarts, like there have been in the past when TTP has hosted it. But their rules are allowed, and everyone has known this since scrim #1, do us TG bunnyhop? No, I think you should give the TG community who have participated in these scrims more credit, and not think any thing less of this match despite what you heard.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Well...

There it is... our "BunnyHopping To Victory Strategy" has been revealed..
                    And now we cant even use the "Jonestown Mass Suicide Stragegy" we have been working on so hard.

You should be very ashamed of yourself!

Truthfully, I dont see any sense in this.. TG members do not bunnyhop.. its out of their "Modus Operandi". Suicide Tactics as well, and if someone has been discussing Scrim Tactics with you and you took exception to them, you could have voiced any objections via PM, or the ADMIN forums.

Honestly.. This is not the place.

Comment

Originally posted by llPANCHOll View Post
                      Well...

There it is... our "BunnyHopping To Victory Strategy" has been revealed..
                      And now we cant even use the "Jonestown Mass Suicide Stragegy" we have been working on so hard.

You should be very ashamed of yourself!

Truthfully, I dont see any sense in this.. TG members do not bunnyhop.. its out of their "Modus Operandi". Suicide Tactics as well, and if someone has been discussing Scrim Tactics with you and you took exception to them, you could have voiced any objections via PM, or the ADMIN forums.

Honestly.. This is not the place.
                      Pancho IS my hero!!
                      What's weird about a young goats head, smoking a joint, tied with a scarf to a mobile artillery gun? - Jeepo

Killing threads since 2007

| |

Comment

I agree even if its allowed it would be a hallow victory along with unnecessary camping of spawns

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I too don't see the point behind posting this here.
                          It's completely transparent to me. Weightless too.
                          Wrong approach, sir.

|

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                            As one for the members who has planned or helped plan most every move of the last 3 TTP scrims of course I take this as personal.
                            And I appreciate all the effort you have put in. No names were used and the post wasnt directed at any one person in particular, so I'm afraid I dont understand why you take it personally.
                            Even at this instant Disposable, Pancho, Katanama and other members are working out planing in this TTP scrim. In no way shape or form are we playing in a mannor that would look badly on TG. The rules for this match have been set long in advance. Main Bases are in play and will be used. Bunny hopping is a non issue with all TG tagged players. At no point are suiside tatcis being brought to the planning phase. If you could read some of the things our lead intellagence officer and other discussed you would change your tune. We are holding ourselfs to the TG ethos.
                            I never implied that you were planning on using any particular tactic. As a matter of fact, it seems that you've taken this whole thing to mean that I'm pointing the finger at the gents planning the scrim, which I'm most certainly not. This is an individual issue, which involves the conduct of each and every player, regardless of their position or role on the team. However, I still adhere to the static rule regarding main bases, and to that end all of the previous scrims were played with that rule in mind. We carried out no UCB operations other than neutralization of assets. We stuck to our own rules. If thats not going to be the case, then it is absolutely pertinent here. If it is, then its largely irrelevant.
                            My problem with this is insted of bringing the "pm" to the attention of Scrim Leadership you decided to fling mud. Understand that I will not allow you to disrespect our scrim leadership. They work very, very hard and go far and above the call of duity to plan and organise these events for TG. Long hours planning, typing. Pancho alone spent up to 15hrs on a private server setting FB's.
                            Again, you're taking this way too far and I'll repeat that I mentioned the leadership in no particular fashion. Re read the original post if you choose. Never once did I "fling mud" at anyone. I never called out the guys planning the scrim. I never called out the organizers. I never called out the squad leaders. I called out the players, that being everyone in their individual on-field role only. So you can take it as disrespect if you so choose, but you would be gravely mistaken and overly hotheaded.

Insofar as the scrims themselves go, dont dare to speak down to me like I'm some new turk around here. I've planned, organized, mapped, strategized and led MANY scrims across MULTIPLE platforms that TG hosts. I'm well versed in exactly what it takes and the innumerable man hours that are put in to pull off these events. Keep that in mind, sir.
                            Think before you speak.
                            I always do.

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                            I would really like to know who started circulating this message..........I feel names should be given in public, not kept silent.
                            And thats something I wont do for the exact reasons I pointed out to Cougar above. I dont fling mud. I dont call people out. If they'd like to come to me privately, then theyre free to do so, they know who they are just from what I've said. However, I will not drag people into the open so they can be publicly bashed by people who dont understand proper etiquette and further hassle the admins into having to clean it up.
                            Ferris, just so you know TTP only agreed to these matches if their rules could be used.......that is what Dirtboy and other bf2 admins had to sign off on.
                            I'm well aware of the terms that Dirtboy negotiated with TTP for the scrim series. I was one of the people he spoke to at great length about it. Again, I've been here a while, people seem to have forgotten that.
                            Now the plus side of us using TG's server is that it won't crash or have problems in the beginning with restarts, like there have been in the past when TTP has hosted it. But their rules are allowed, and everyone has known this since scrim #1, do us TG bunnyhop? No, I think you should give the TG community who have participated in these scrims more credit, and not think any thing less of this match despite what you heard.
                            I'm well aware of the issues from their server during the first scrim. I was a chopper pilot attempting to do the impossible, that being not crash into rubber banding trees. I love the fact that its so simply remedied by our server being top notch and having the scrims hosted here.

As far as giving people in the community credit, I always do. You, aboce all people randy, should know that I dont think poorly of people unless they give me specific reason to. That being said, re-read the original post please. Notice that I gave no names (again), notice that it was articulated as a grievance and a warning to anyone who might feel that the message that went around was some kind of permissive pass-on to play below the normal standard. It wasnt pointing fingers, as you and cougar seem so intent to make it out to be.

The bottom line is this: regardless of what was said in any message, or what anyone may have heard, while the scrims were negotiated to cater to TTP's standard of play, it was implicitly stated before the first scrim by Dirtboy himself, who organized the whole kit and caboodle, that all participants from the TG team would play by TG standards or suffer the consequences. There were a few people who didnt heed his warning and did indeed pay a price, again, i wont name names because they know who they are and have paid their dues since then. My message was put out to illustrate that no matter what is said, it is each person's individual duty to uphold our standards regardless of the venue or situation. If they cant, well, I already said it once, I'm not going to be a broken record.

I hope this gives you a little clarity.

Comment

ehh.. is a video game worth all this fretting? I think I'd have more fun at work.

Haikus are easy.
                              But sometimes they don't make sense.
                              Refrigerator.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse