This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Teamswitcher.

Everyday, every round, at any possible time, a person will teamswitch on PR (and plenty of other games to).

Asking both TG members and just regular TG server players. Which teamswitching do you think is frowned upon, note which. I'll give you my examples of teamswitching.

Teamswitching to the winning side:

The player teamswitches to the winning team, whether they won last round, have been on a winning streak for a number of rounds, or a currently winning.
    I see this as a frowned upon teamswitching.

Teamswitching to the side with less players:

I've recalled where some players have switched to the side with less players (I have seen Namebot do that before). I see this as an act of the player to make the teams even oncemore. Not frowned upon.

Teamswitching for assets/better faction:

A player who teamswitches because the the side they wish to switch to has helicopters for example (assets part). Also players who teamswitch because they want to be on the better faction (Example: Players who switch from insurgents to the US). I see switching for assets as a frowned upon idea, although most people hate the insurgents, especially on maps like Al Basrah, so I'm not sure about switching to a better faction.

One thing I CAN say about switching to better factions is that, whether you like it or not (similar to something Portable cougar told me once) you'll have to be an insurgent one time (or militia).

I conclude with, If you feel like teamswitching to the winning team, the team with assets or the better faction, don't. I don't want to be known as a teamswitcher, and, although it isn't in any rules or code of conduct, when I wear the TG tags I don't want to Teamswitch. I just disconnect and wait for the round to be over.

Mind you I'm resisting to push the button to switch to the opposite team. It's not easy for me, I'm getting there!

Sooooooooo! What do you think of the teamswitcher?

sigpic

Re: The Teamswitcher.

Kill me.

Comment

I am fine with teamswitching, it happens all the time on TG, even though some people may frown on it. I admit I have teamswitched before, but usually it is when I have been on the winning side for a couple of rounds or if I really want to play insurgent on insurgency maps (100x more fun then conventional forces).
      sigpic
      Pride/Shame of the PLA

Comment

Why do we need a new thread every week? Please for our sanity, just end these threads.....

:(
        |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Personally I don't mind teamswitchers as long as they don't switch to the winning team.

Turkish why don't you just ignore these threads there are some people that don't mind them so why cant you just ignore them?
          If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

I dont care about teamswitchers myself. I personally make sure I'm going to be on US when Qwai comes up 5 maps in advance of it.

Comment

Lol Turkish don't click on the thread man then you won't have to read it, it's like you have a compulsion to drive yourself mad! Besides it doesn't seem particularly negative and if no one posts I'll have nothing to read when I am supposed to be working.

Comment

I only team switch to get into a Wickens squad.

:P

Comment

If I've spent a long round playing MEC/Insurgent and then disconnect(which I do every once and awhile) as the map change and end up MEC/Insurgent again, I'll generally try to teamswitch. Also if I don't know any of my teammates, I might sometimes teamswitch. I'll try to avoid doing the latter at least; I guess the TG spirit is to get to know new people and learn people new to the game proper tactics. I very consciously do NOT teamswitch if I'm Insurgent unless I have some special reason for it or unless the US/UK actually lacks players.

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

'Not How Many But Where'

Comment

I agree with Turkish, can we just lock this?

Comment

It is good to have discussion, that is why we have forums. If you are tired of the subject, just don't read it and it will eventually go away.

I think the basis of the original post has merit and Berlancic took some time to compose the thought and summarize the ideas in his post.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'll consider switching any time the other team has less players. Quite often its more about open squads and rally points, nobody likes walking 1000m to see an enemy :o

If you dont like a team, I think its more honourable to leave the game for 5 or 10 mins and come back and see which team your on then. Maps should always load far quicker second time round

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlancic View Post

With this motive only, I think that is poor play and a basic lack of trying to win. This should be frowned on.

Generally a good idea if the server isn't taking care of it automatically. We did this yesterday when it was totally lopsided.

Switching for assets - just a bad idea.
                          Switching for faction - not great, but if you have to, it isn't so bad.

I think it is a good thing if an IHS starts (STARTS) a round and notices that it is lopsided for some reason, that they switch sides and stay that way. I don't personally think there is a problem with that if it is a concious effort to make the server a better place to play, not to just benifit the squad or individual making the switch.

This is very hard to cover and monitor, so please don't attempt to place team balancing on the admin staff. Interesting topic, but there will always be little we as admins can do to stop it. My advise it to do what you think is best for the community, the server and the game play - don't be selfish or singleminded in addressing your need to switch sides.
                          sigpic

Comment

Most Common Teamswitching Scenario:

Teamswitching to play with friends

I have no problem with this, when you can play with people you like or can tolerate why settle for a bunch of guys you're going to bite your teeth over. You'll notice clans and groups of friends being on the same team. In my eyes that is what a game is all about.
                            |TG|
                            ||||

Comment

Originally posted by Berlancic View Post

Sooooooooo! What do you think of the teamswitcher?
                              Coooouldn't care less. What i hate is the people spamming chat over teamswitching.
                              On a side note, i switch all the time to play with specific people. There are many other reasons not mentioned as alternatives.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X