Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people ask you about how old you are?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do people ask you about how old you are?

I was commander on the PLA side on korrengal valley (ore how it is spelled) and then just out of the blue sky people ask me about my age.. Just because you are 14 does not mean that you are not a good PR player. I was getting good Intel and ordered people where there was needed support and told them nearly every 10 min that they where awesome. Is it because they are jealous that a 14 year old is better then them? :D. Anyways I am tired of being asked about my age it is annoying because my voice is still like helium :P. The message "how old are you" comes even when I am leading a squad ore just in a squad and sometimes on the teamchat. Just because I am 14 does not mean I cant be mature. Please dont be those fools who is asking about ages. BTW there is only few TGs that are asking so most of them is not TG but just to know that I hate being asked about my age but I will answer if you ask nice.

Re: why do people ask you about how old you are?

Lake - you and Fighter should become acquainted

They're not jealous, they're curious.

Lets be honest here, this game is dominated by older gamers, 16+

When they hear a pigh pitched voice they have two questions "How old are you?" or "Are you a girl?"

Heck, first time I met Fighter I asked both these questions.
    ________

Anyway, to stop this rant, Fighter has posted a few threads of this nature.

Through experience, typically when you're younger, you are more immature and ignorant. I'm not saying you are, I'm saying in general.

I've had personal experience in this. Last year when I joined TG I was an immature smacktard, but, the thing is I couldn't see it. I've changed with time and so will you.

Lake - Just give it time, a year or so.
    |TG|
    ||||

Comment

Ahh...Now I understand why they are asking :D thank u sonic my pirat friend.

Comment

Relax, if people think you are a worse player because of your age, they are most probably wrong. Like Sonic said, they are more likely curious about your age rather than annoyed at it.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

In all seriousness, a 14-year-old is a child. I can not respect a kid squadleader. You are playing a game where the average player is maybe 20+ and takes his gaming pretty seriously. I'm sorry you feel discriminated against, but there is after all some older players that don't feel the way i do, and especially on TG alot of younger serious gamers you can take lead of. And very very few SLs care about squadmembers age as long as they keep in line.
          I won't ask your age. If i join your squad i will find out soon enough if you're mature and make decisions i can respect.

Comment

bjoffe, I encourage you to join my squad, you may soon realize even players younger than 20 can lead a squad to your liking.
            |TG|
            ||||

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
              Lake - you and Fighter should become acquainted

They're not jealous, they're curious.

Lets be honest here, this game is dominated by older gamers, 16+

When they hear a pigh pitched voice they have two questions "How old are you?" or "Are you a girl?"

Heck, first time I met Fighter I asked both these questions.
              ________

Anyway, to stop this rant, Fighter has posted a few threads of this nature.

Through experience, typically when you're younger, you are more immature and ignorant. I'm not saying you are, I'm saying in general.

I've had personal experience in this. Last year when I joined TG I was an immature smacktard, but, the thing is I couldn't see it. I've changed with time and so will you.

Lake - Just give it time, a year or so.
              I'm pretty sure I asked fighter that once too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                bjoffe, I encourage you to join my squad, you may soon realize even players younger than 20 can lead a squad to your liking.
                There's a huge difference between, say 18 and 14, i'm not at all saying you'd need to be over 20 to lead a squad. And i've played in your squad, Sonic.

Comment

I think it's a little harsh to simply lump anyone under age 16 into a group and say you can't respect them as a squad leader. Perhaps you should offer them some guidance and maybe you can impart some of your knowledge onto them. Help another player, help the community.

I could share some stories about Sonic from when he first appeared on the PR scene at TG, but let's just say that he has come a very, very long way since he first started and is a wonderful example of what a little bit of patience and guidance can do with a younger PR player.

Also, I know Lake is trying very hard to learn the ropes. He was just in my PR Squad Leader course and did extremely well both in the class and the practical portion.

Offer some advice, have some patience and you will be pleasantly surprised with the results. They just want to get the same experience from the game that you do.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

we have some 30 year olds that wont lead a squad, or cant lead one as well as the younger crowd. If you have an issue with the SL or CO age, why dint you jump in the seat?
                    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

It is wrong to pigeon hole players under the age of 16, and there are some players here at TG who are more mature than some players older thatn 18, however i do sometimes ask, just from past experiences with players under the age of 16, i don't hold it against them at all, and when i start a squad and ask who has voip, and if you could please as the SL if you want to request a kit, i have in the past gotten some negative reactions from players who are 16 and below.
                      Remember this game is intended for players 16+, does that mean that all players under the age of 16 are going to be immature, no not one bit, but sometimes players who play PR don't want to have to listen to younger players giving them orders, its not polite at all and isn't acceptable but i do understand, especially if the player is 21+ and has just spent the day working at a job and has come to play for a few hours, and if the commander is talking a bunch. It is what it is, but just remember that age especially if the player is younger shouldn't be a problem because TG is based on Teamwork, Maturity and Respect of other players and the rules are that you are to follow the CO orders and SL orders at all time.

Lake if a player is giving you problems remember to do what disposable stated yesterday in the SL TGU session. And If there are any admins on TS when you are a SL or CO tell the about the situation at hand.
                      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                      Level I HazMat Technician
                      NYS EMT-B
                      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I hate all you kids !
                        Most of you are better than me, and I wish I was young again like you.

Some old fart had to say it ;)

|

Comment

HÝrt hÝrt :)

Comment

I'm 14.
                            So, eat that.

Comment

If people judge or pre judge your ability in game on anything other than your actions in game then they are wrong period. I'm often blown away by how tactically astute some of our younger players are, and sometimes slightly annoyed that they all seem to know how to make cool videos of PR and I haven't got a clue how to lol . Everybody deserves a fair crack of the whip.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X