Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Reality = auto insurance discount ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Reality = auto insurance discount ?

okay, so I just got off the phone with my insurance company, setting up my coverage for 2009. During the conversation, I asked about what they give discounts for, and it turns out you can get a discount for just about anything if you sell it right. I got a few discounts for some volunteer organizations, etc...but most interestingly, I told them that since I began playing this "military training simulator" my peripheral vision, situational awareness and reflexes have increased dramatically and that I credit this game with saving me out of several car accidents by allowing me to respond quickly to bad drivers on the road. (That wasn't really a lie either, lol.) Long story short, the dude @ Geico put on a defensive driving course credit and knocked a few more bucks off my bill. A random long shot, but I thought you guys might get a good laugh out of it too.

Their new slogan should read: "15 minutes of Project Reality could save you 150 dollars or more on your car insurance."

:p
    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Re: Project Reality = auto insurance discount ?

Ha, I could use that discount, I'm looking around for a car for school. But, even with a part-time job the insurance is a killer. Not even a full-time job could pay for it!

It's rediculous!
    |TG|
    ||||

Comment

Motorcycle>Car
      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by TurkishDelight View Post
        Motorcycle>Car
        yea, but this is Sonic we're talking about. Have you seen him drive in PR lately?

Confucius says: Motorcycle=coma. Car=boo-boo on knee.
        |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Warehouse, are you a disgruntled Geico employee trying to prank TG members just to laugh in their face when they call in and try to get a discount?
          |TG|DocZoidIV

A Day in the Life of |TG-X|Turkish
          "It looks so tasty...."
          "That looks absolutely delightful!"
          "Wow that's a lot of tasty stuff!"
          "This is perfect, I love it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Zoidberg View Post
            Warehouse, are you a disgruntled Geico employee trying to prank TG members just to laugh in their face when they call in and try to get a discount?
            You've played with me before, I'm just disgruntled.
            :)
            no joke on the Geico call though, I went fishing for discounts and caught a live one!
            |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
              yea, but this is Sonic we're talking about. Have you seen him drive in PR lately?
              Yeah...

We need a "How to drive without rolling" TGU course
              |TG|
              ||||

Comment

If the adjusters only saw the BR file of how we really drive

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Dirtboy still gets my vote as PR's most feared driver on the road, I still have nightmares of him driving me off of the dam on Jabal.
                  Gumball & Skud tie for second because I have seen them drive many a bomb-car off of a blown up bridge on Al Basrah.
                  Marine takes third place because he drives those TOW humvees with such anger, and never sees my C4 booby traps :)
                  |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

:D I finally win something, i feel so special.......hopefully when .85 comes around ill get to installing it and dominating the roads once again. As Vin Deezzill(Wrong spelling) said in Fast and the Furious "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" - my favorite quote

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                      Ha, I could use that discount, I'm looking around for a car for school. But, even with a part-time job the insurance is a killer. Not even a full-time job could pay for it!

It's rediculous!
                      Mine started at about $1600 for 6months, if your male and young its pretty much GG. It's down to about $800 now. Just don't do anything your parents wouldn't do, and you will be fine.

Pretty funny that he gave you the extra "credit". Good work.

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                        Marine takes third place because he drives those TOW humvees with such anger, and never sees my C4 booby traps :)
                        And for the record, I do see them, but I'm usually driving to fast just to stop. I end up trying to narrowly avoid it, but you've seen how effective that is.

On another TOW-related note, Turkish and I both flipped a TOW HMMWV in the same round of Qwai the other day. I'm so proud of myself, those things are near-impossible to flip.

| |

Comment

i dont even have a car, haha!!
                          and i'm not planning on buying one, because i'll move back to germany in 3 years, and because my parents are rather gracious about me borrowing the car..

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic View Post
                            Yeah...

We need a "How to drive without rolling" TGU course
                            Might need to find a differnt TGU instructor for that one

I rolled a BMP last week on kashan. Flat ground, no incomming. It was a "here hold my beer" moment.
                            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                              Might need to find a differnt TGU instructor for that one

I rolled a BMP last week on kashan. Flat ground, no incomming. It was a "here hold my beer" moment.
                              ahh, the 10th they can always pull of stuff like this:

even though some of the things they do are physically impossible...:row__691:

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X