Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello TG!

Hello everyone!
    I am very happy that I found an organized community for BF2. Hope to enjoy my stay here and not to dissapoint you guys. I am new in BF2 but in past played a lot in CS so hopefully it will help some. I read a that you guys stress team work and that attracted me more than anything. Hope to learn how to become an effective member since in CS it was stressed more on individual score.

I have another question. I read that PR is even more fun and realistic but for some reason I cant make it work. I updated my BF2 to patch 1.41 and installed 0.8 core and 0.8 levels for PR but can't make it work. I changed the shortcut to make it login but when i try to get to multiplayer or singleplayer I crash to desktop. Just incase I will give my system specifications and if anyone can help me I would appreciate it

O/S: Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    MB: L1N64-WS/B
    CPUs: 2 x Opteron Quad Core 2347 (1.9Ghz)
    RAM: 8GB ECC
    Video Cards: 2 x 8800GT SLI

I read that cam can cause similar problems but I think I have more than enough but at the same time maybe my ecc ram causes it. Also read that multiple cpus must be disabled but not sure if it can help and dont know how it is done if needs to be done. Hope it can be fixed. Hope this helps a little. In BF2 and special forces I run the game on maximum settings available but in Pr cant even login. :(
    Last edited by rus_spetsnaz_666; 12-26-2008, 08:09 PM. Reason: add more info

Re: Hello TG!

Welcome, I hope you enjoy PR. Read up on the PR wiki and familiarize yourself with TG's rules and SOP's... Links in my sig..
    As for your problems??

Did you buy BF2 online or do you have discs??

Comment

PANCHO Thanks for reply. I bought the game online in a package with all booster packs. I read the manual partially but can't login to try the game.

Comment

What resolution are you running. It will crash if you run it at 800x600 so you have to raise the resolution.

And welcome to the forum
        If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Hello Katanama! :) Thanks for welcoming me :)

I am running BF2 & Boost Packs normally @ 1600x1200 60refresh at maximum setting but then tried running PR at same settings and it crashes when I select from menu Multiplayer or Singleplayer. Then I tired running it at 1024x768 60refresh and minimum settings and crashes same way. My monitor is LCD so 60refresh is my max. Could it be caused by my refresh rate? I tried couple of times uninstalling everything and doing fresh install and same thing happens.

Comment

Possibly AA settings, Anti-Virus, Video Cards AA settings.

~Sirsolo
            |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

SIRSOLO Hello!

I have no anti-virus, I have AntiAliasing mode for video card set to Application Controlled, Transparency at off, gamma correction is on. Dunno if that's what you are talking about.

Comment

you might be better off trying to get an answer in the PR forums, here are some helpful links:

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...dware-support/

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-...ion-guide.html

note: in the Installation guide is a little hint on how to get BF2 to work on widescreen correctly

Comment

Try posting in the RealityMod.com forums listed above, I have heard of people having problems with the Downloaded Version of BF2.. You might have to go buy the actual disc.. it is cheap though.

Comment

Thanks a lot. I will try to download the update from microsoft. Maybe it will solve the problem. :)

Comment

welcome to the forums. i feel your pain as it happened to me, but mine just suddenly started working so i cant help you im afriad :(

Comment

Welcome, if you need any help or assistance, let me know.
                        sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard!

sigpic

Comment

DL'ing and installing all of the pr updates and levels is still worth the effort. Just wait till' you get in game; then you'll know what waiting around and patience is.

Comment

Download PBSetup from here, and run it to update Punkbuster on Battlefield 2.

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X