Suggestion for membership

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for membership

I'm trying to find out more about membership, but there is no visable information. I suggest you make a sticky with links to the donation page, and all the supporting member information (reserved slots etc.) Just make it easier for people to get info, and donate.

Re: Suggestion for membership

you mean the members folder at the top of this page?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Nope. All that has is payment options, everything else is private and has no information on actual membership.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...uncements.html

read down to the time to help section...all part of the required reading.
        -Vulcan

Comment

What sort of info are you looking for?
          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
            http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...uncements.html

read down to the time to help section...all part of the required reading.

Here's your sticky request:

~Sirsolo
            |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

info such as how to use your reserved slot once you're a donating member mainly.

Comment

like this:
                http://www.tacticalgamer.com/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item
                ?

Comment

LOL The info is already there....
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Actually I had the same problem when I first joined. I needed to find 3 or 4 posts before being able to get everything up and going and it took me 3 hours and got very frustrated. Having one place to go to in reference to BF2/PR would be nice. Some people are just not that good at searching forums. Also some people do not know that it is the BF2ID they need for PR reserve slot, so they keep looking in the PR forums for information on the PR server reserve slot. I do believe the post he was looking for was this one, which is found on the BF2 forums http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...istration.html
                    Last edited by Masterjack; 12-28-2008, 01:07 PM.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Ah, finnaly someone who understands!

Comment

the thing is all the information you are looking for is listed in the reading at the very top of every game forum. So by you posting you basically said, well i dont feel like reading about things i just want my reserved slot.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

the thing is all the information you are looking for is listed in the reading at the very top of every game forum. So by you posting you basically said, well i dont feel like reading about things i just want my reserved slot.
                          No, that is not what he is saying. I understand what your getting at in that you do not want people to join TG just for the reserve slot and that they should fully understand what it means to a member of TG.

What he is getting at and I am as well, is that not everyone understands how the forums are laid out, or how the BF2ID is connected to PR. The combination can be perplexing for the technically challenged. I do not think of myself as technically challenged and I had a difficult time.

And when you say game forum in connection to PR you mean BF2 forum here http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlefield-2/ . When I say game forum in connection with PR I think BF2 PR forum here http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...t-reality-mod/ . So you can see where the confusion comes from.

The only stickied post in the PR forums that comes close to helping is this one http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...-mod-free.html. If you already have PR up and running you do not think to check it out to get your reserve slot. It also does not show you how to get your BF2ID.

This whole post is just a suggestion on how to improve the PR forum for new TG supporting members who play PR. The post that wiskeysix put up was for TG members who have BF2 and want to check out PR. Well PR is very popular and people are learning about TG through PR. So I think it would help to have a stickied post to help those that come to TG through PR. That would be a person like me and SamO
                          Last edited by Masterjack; 12-28-2008, 01:22 PM.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
                            No, that is not what he is saying. I understand what your getting at in that you do not want people to join TG just for the reserve slot and that they should fully understand what it means to a member of TG.

What he is getting at and I am as well, is that not everyone understands how the forums are laid out, or how the BF2ID is connected to PR. The combination can be perplexing for the technically challenged. I do not think of myself as technically challenged and I had a difficult time.

i can see that. next time just ask :p
                            -Vulcan

Comment

i can see that. next time just ask :p
                              LOL.. ya I would now, but back then I felt I was missing something really easy and did not want to make myself look stupid. Being new to TG and all I wasn't all that comfortable asking for help.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X