allowed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allowed?

Is it allowed to set up c4 in the entrance of the main to blow up any car, truck, etc that comes out? even if the AAC is not asking you to attack main?

Re: allowed?

If you are insurgent, yes. Otherwise, no.

5. Basecamping

Main bases: A main base is defined as a flag where the opponent has their only permanent spawn point (this includes a mosque spawn point on insurgency maps - this is a clarification of the rule).
    UCB: The opponents main base which cannot be captured.

The rules regarding main bases/UCB are as follows:

1. Insurgents can attack enemy main at any time using whatever tactics they want as this is a real-life tactic. Remaining rules do not apply to insurgents only.
    2. BluFor forces may not fire into a mosque area with a permanent spawn point as this mirrors real-life ROE. Camping outside a mosque spawn point for the purpose of racking up easy kills is also prohibited. (clarification added 11-23-2008)
    3. Main flag is completely off limits to enemy soldiers unless flag is in play. This includes spec ops and sapper squads. If the main is neutral, the attacking force does not have to withdraw and may stay to defend the flag.
    4. Units firing out of the main onto enemy forces may receive return fire, otherwise you are not to fire into the enemy main base to spawn kill.
    5. Destroying/sabotaging vehicles inside the main is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to placing mines or C4 onto vehicles or near them to prevent them from being used or destroying them.
    6. Access directly out of the main may not be blocked or impeded by mines, c4, or other means.
    7. Bridges and other means of departing the area around the main may be attacked and is not considered base camping.
    8. Aircraft returning to their main airfield may be engaged until they've landed.

The enemy command post (CP) may not be destroyed any more, so there is no reason to attack the enemy main or attempt to sabotage the CP.
    Bolding mine.

TG PR Server rules.

|
    |

Comment

On the dirt road leading out of Pigfarm on Qwai River, right before the dirt road merges with the paved road, is that considered impeding a main exit?

Comment

This is exactly the kind of thing that defining boundaries will lead to, as I have stated before. If we said you could not be within 100m of the uncap, people will sit at 101m to set ambushes.

Go where you want, set ambushes where you want. You'll just have to remember where to appeal your bans.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

And the rule also seems to be void in Fools road - British bridge. It seems to vary based on the maps context, as pointed out before it's impossible to set a boundary line or people just go line +1m. It's sort of like tanks in Kashan - They stick on the outskirts of the map to avoid being flanked. If you extend the map size they would just go further out. Just try to play fair, and keep in consideration of other squads, and players.

Comment

ok fine in the game of operation barracuda that happend today around 19:00 central time, Medusa and someone else kept the whole game setting up C4 in the entrance of the chinese main, impeding any vehicle (mustly command trucks) going out.

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
              This is exactly the kind of thing that defining boundaries will lead to, as I have stated before. If we said you could not be within 100m of the uncap, people will sit at 101m to set ambushes.

Go where you want, set ambushes where you want. You'll just have to remember where to appeal your bans.
              I have never set an ambush there, you saw where I had my ambush...you sneaky humveester and that Marine(whom decided to check out my C4, then act like he was some kind of superninja and go flying). I have been blown up by mines right where I was describing, I don't get that close cuz I don't want banned for being in what I call a "grey area".

@zorra the other day on Barracuda, someone decided to be the Chinese Olympic swimming team and take a HAT to the USMC carrier... a perfectly good HAT....

@zorra again what you described I would guess is illegal

Comment

On most insurgency maps, out of bounds limits will prevent c4 camping from coming too close.

Comment

My point is set up ambushes someplace else. Quit being lazy and trying to rack up easy kills by camping the exits from the mains. A brainless moron can do that. Show some ingenuity and initiative instead, or focus on the objectives of the map instead of racking up the kills.

(This post is aimed at no one in particular)

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by BravoZorro View Post
                    ok fine in the game of operation barracuda that happend today around 19:00 central time, Medusa and someone else kept the whole game setting up C4 in the entrance of the chinese main, impeding any vehicle (mustly command trucks) going out.
                    send an admin a PM with screenshots if applicable.......so they know who to watch next time that person joins the server.

The server rules will help you identify what is right and what is wrong, and if you still are unsure ask in game, or ask in TS.........
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                    Level I HazMat Technician
                    NYS EMT-B
                    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

0Notice directly. So don't complain if there is mines on another route to main, direct access and exit points are off limits.

On fools road, out of the Militia main base (not the actual Militia bunker flag) there is a road that leads very far to the east, some people like to set ambushes 300m or so down that road from main. That's ok.

sigpic

Comment

Think about it this way: if it would bother you if someone on the other team set up an ambush where you are, how would you feel, honestly. If you wouldn't mind not being able to move from your main, then do it, and don't be surprised or angry if the same thing happens to you.

My rule of thumb is to make sure not to block the only way out with a trap, that and I shouldn't be able to see the enemy CP from my ambushpoint. (Imagine if you could/couldn't see it if LOS is blocked)

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                          Show some ingenuity and initiative instead
                          :icon14::icon14:

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Originally posted by BravoZorro View Post
                            [!Reporting + Player's Name + Offense] is your friend; not only does it deal with people who decide not to follow rules but it also ensures that this server stays asshat free (for the lack of a better word)
                            sigpic
                            Pride/Shame of the PLA

Comment

Asshat is the perfect word.

~Sirsolo
                              |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server