A_Grounded_Pilot

What?
    Distinguished Squad Leader

Where?
    TG Project Reality Server

When?
    December 18, 2008

What?

Grounded Pilot displayed his skills as a Squad Leader on Operstion Baracuda today.

his Squad had two goals for this round. The first goal was to establish a foot hold on the south side of bridge over looking Docks flag. His choice in location brought to bare the highest fire power while maintaing cover using natural terrain. A_Grounded_Pilot then deployed his assets in such a manner that they could cover all open areas of the Docks flag (defence flag).

The second goal for his squad was to mantain a quick reaction force utilsing 2 FAV's to quickly counter any and all enemy movements

From this elevated postion Grounded was able to dispach his two FAV's to interdict OpFor movements, as well as relay spotted enemys to fellow SL.

At no time was Grounded unsure of his squads movements. As a leader he took charge of every situation his squad was faced with. He used intel from other SL's as well as intel from his own to carry out all movements. Any time we had a break in the Chinese defences Grounded was there with his FAV's laying down 0.50 fire. I do bealive that with out Grounded's expert SL abilitys during this round the Chinese side surely would have lost.

|TG-E1st| Crawlingeye

Who?
    TG Forum name: CrawlingEye

What?
    Combat Action

Where?
    TG Internal Scrim, Fools Road, December 20, 2008

How?

CrawlingEye was the squad leader for one of the British squads during the TG Internal Scrim, December 20, 2008.

CrawlingEye demonstrated great calm and determination as our SL. His orders from the beginning of the scrim were to build at warehouse, rearm the truck, move back, screen NW and then build again south of Hilltop Estate. It took over 1.5 hours to do this, but he never gave up on the plan from the CO. As a squad, we succeeded in completing all assigned opening missions, mostly due to the steady and loyal leadership of CrawlingEye.

This is not a Squad Leader award. This recommendation if for the combat action that CrawlingEye conducted WHILE squad leading. For facts, CrawlingEye had 17 kills when I last checked during the scrim. His kill to death ratio was 4:1. He also led the overall squad to over 6400 squad points – the most on either side of the map. His ability to lead, kill and survive at the same time, while having best squad and probably most kills in game, CrawlingEye was pretty awesome all around. All that at 2:30 in the morning.

I think the individual Combat Action ribbon best fits his performance during the scrim, and hope you will support this nomination.
    Liquid.Watcher

Who?
    Liquid.Watcher

What?
    Distinguished Spec Ops, Distinguished Assault

Where?
    Muttrah 64

When?
    December 2008

Why? Time and time again, Liquid has delivered as a solid point man while running with my infantry squads. If I am assaulting a flag, I am 100% confident in his ability to pave the way and clear out just about anything in our squad's way.

AAR: He recently impressed me on Muttrah City in a very contested infantry battle near the West City flag. He used a grappling hook to get our squad into an apartment complex that was harboring an enemy firebase and 2 full enemy squads. While on point, he used his CQB skills to clear out 7 floors of our building, slam an enemy firebase, jump onto a nearby rooftop, and eliminate another full enemy squad there too. While our squad was following him up the various staircases, I found myself thinking over and over: "where did all of these dead bodies come from?" The highlight of the attack was when our rally point was overrun over 10 times in this area. Liquid and the others were keen enough to stay alive and close to the squad leader while attacking the enemies in the building. We would wait until our team was ready to spawn in again, deploy another rally, and then it would get overrun almost instantly. At one point our entire squad was eliminated except for Liquid, & he killed an enemy medic and revived enough of us to let us get another rally point down. We repeated this process until both the firebase and the 2 defending squads were eliminated. I credit Liquid.watcher as one of the biggest factors in my squad's success in this mission. I nominate him for an Assault Award and an award for the Spec Ops kits which made it all possible.
    |TGXV| Ollie_Fool

Who?
    |TGXV| ollie_fool

What?
    Distinguished Squad Leader Class II

Where?
    Kashan-16 USA's side

When?
    12/5-6/2008 (not positive on the date)

Why?
    I joined in the battle at about the midpoint. Our squad (obviously led by Ollie) had been going back and forth from the US Outpost to the Bunkers. The Bunkers, at this point, had been completely taken by the MEC. We booked it down to the US Outpost to set up a defense. We put down a Firebase and got into defensive positions. After about 10 minutes of absolutely nothing, our scout had spotted 2 transport choppers and 4 Vodniks sneaking to East of the Outpost. They were just on the other side of the mountain and Ollie wanted us to take our Humvees up to the top of the mountain to prevent them from setting up a bunker and other assets. Long story short, we were pushed back to West of the Outpost, I had died and others as well. Ollie asked me to go Commander and he would try to get a JDAM on Outpost before they capped it. So I did, Ollie marked the target and it was a perfectly placed JDAM. Took out all 4 Vodniks and 10-12 troops. We saw the MEC team typing in Global chat: "Best JDAM I've ever seen", "I've never seen it work so good", "perfect JDAM"...etc. I wouldn't of thought about using the JDAM, but Ollie did and proved to me that he was a competent SL that is always looking for a way to suprise the enemy.

Here is a link of the actual JDAM if you want it click here
    Last edited by disposableHero; 01-07-2009, 07:04 AM.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Re: Ribbons 01-06-09

Congrats, well deserved all round!

Comment

Congratz. I was with Grounded that day on Barracuda, and I have to agree with cougar, he really did do a great job SLing/Multitasking.

We had this one case where the Americans had landed behind us, and Grounded dispatched myself and 2 others to go get eye's on them, while Cougar and himself stayed at the AA/FAV's to maintain the East Side of the map. We took them out, cleared out the area, and went back to work. Good stuff all around.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

Good job guys!

Comment

Congrats!

I especially agree with Crawling Eye's award, as I was in his squad. He was a hell of a great squad leader and spearheaded our assaults and always knew what was going on and what to do next.

Good work on everybody's part!

Comment

Congrats Fellas!
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Very nice gents!

Comment

Grats!
                ArPeeGee

Comment

Awsome job guys!