8.5 patch notes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.5 patch notes

I keep hearing people say things about the next patch, im curious where they are geting their information.. or if its just rumor..

1. no more jeeps/vodniks off firebases ect

a point in the right direction would be sweet, thx

~ Bmxer4l1fe

Re: 8.5 patch notes

taken from the PR dev jounral...

"APCs

These are going to be the main transport vehicles for the conventional forces. No more jeeps spawning from Forward Outposts and transport trucks being used once and abandoned everywhere. This will require a higher level of teamwork between squads and APCs will need to start acting like infantry transport and stop being used as "light tanks". Jeeps and transport trucks will feature on maps that fit the scenario of the map."
    sigpic
    excuse my poor english, im australian

Comment

can u put up a link to the dev journal plz ^

Comment

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f196-pr-dev-journal/
        sigpic
        "Danger could be my middle name, but it's John..." Eddie Izzard

Comment

http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com...ty+dev+journal
          sigpic

Comment

^^ I think that is my new favorite web site of all time!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

A few things that are scattered in the Logistics dev thread:
              - Spec Ops kit is gone.
              - Engineer kit is a limited kit and represents a explosive expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishbone View Post
                A few things that are scattered in the Logistics dev thread:
                - Spec Ops kit is gone.
                omg say it aint so!!!!!
                |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

OH NOES, what are 3 man CAS Squads going to do now when they opt not to get an officers kit!!!!!!!!!!
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Still play like a CAS Squad! They just don't get their "really cool" baseball cap.

These Things We Do... That Other's May Live

Comment

rofl now thats cool and completely useless! :D

Comment

I can't wait to use this with about half a dozen people that I can think of off the top of my head.

Favorited.

Comment

I always thought the engineer kits should have been an explosives kit as well. At least to carry one C4 with a mine would be cool. Plenty of times I had been close enough as an engy to place mine but wanted to place the mine somewhere else rather than dropping under the tracks of the tank in front of me. That usually involved me getting blown to pieces by my own mine when the enemy tank ran over it. A C4 would have been a little better cause I determine when it will go off instead of chancing the enemy of running it over to soon.

I guess we will have to wait though and see how the engineer kit will actually be set up. May give you choices of what you want and I am also kinda glad it is a limited kit as well. To many people spawn as engineers but no one ever repairs a damaged vehicle sitting right next to them.

Comment

Heh, all I want is for the Civvie kit to be changed a bit. The current penalty for dying, even when you are attempting to be careful is crazy and makes people not want to play the kit whatsoever.

Heavy penalties for being captured is one thing, but a heavy penalty given to you while supporting a squad, spotting, and running from the firefight, but being killed by a stray bullet is insane. Basically, the civvie is being punished no matter what for dying, which is rediculous. You could be a great civ, giving out meds, using your phone, and helping the squad get around with your hook, but you still have to wait forever to spawn if you die. At the same itme, the idiot civ that runs up to players, throwing rocks at them at close range, and basically just being stupid gets the same penalty as you for dying. That's wrong.

But that's my 2 cents. Everything else looks kind of good so far. I for one like the idea for the new APCs role.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow85 View Post
                              Heh, all I want is for the Civvie kit to be changed a bit. The current penalty for dying, even when you are attempting to be careful is crazy and makes people not want to play the kit whatsoever.

Heavy penalties for being captured is one thing, but a heavy penalty given to you while supporting a squad, spotting, and running from the firefight, but being killed by a stray bullet is insane. Basically, the civvie is being punished no matter what for dying, which is rediculous. You could be a great civ, giving out meds, using your phone, and helping the squad get around with your hook, but you still have to wait forever to spawn if you die. At the same itme, the idiot civ that runs up to players, throwing rocks at them at close range, and basically just being stupid gets the same penalty as you for dying. That's wrong.

But that's my 2 cents. Everything else looks kind of good so far. I for one like the idea for the new APCs role.
                              I think civies will be shot a lot less in 0.85... killing one will completely reset the shooter 's score :).
                              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X