Forswear TeamSwitching

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forswear TeamSwitching

Do you think teamstacking is a problem on the TG server? Do you want it to end but don't know what to do to stop it? I have a possible solution: stop teamswitching. I have decided to start a thread for anyone who would like to experiment with the idea of giving up teamswitching in the interest of promoting fair and even teams. Please be aware that there is no evidence that this will actually work to stop stacking, and that this is an entirely voluntary endeavor.

By signing this thread you agree to voluntarily give up your ability to switch teams after joining the TG server during regular game play hours (regular hours means any time the server is not running a special event, password night, or scrim). You can remove yourself from your obligation at any time simply by announcing it with a second post in the thread.

My objective with this initiative is to encourage as many players as possible to follow this example, which should result in more even teams through natural selection: When a team is losing, players are more likely to drop out from that team. Newly joining players will then replace those drop outs. As long as a large enough group of people avoid team switching, this will mean that the new joiners will begin to raise the number of regular and IH players on the losing side, evening the team.

We, the undersigned, do pledge,

-To forswear our ability to change teams after joining the server during regular gaming hours.
    -To remain on the team we are assigned to for the duration of our play session.
    -To encourage by our doing so, a higher level of teamwork and fairness on the TG server.

Re: Forswear TeamSwitching

-Signed.

Comment

This thread is a good idea, but I'm not going to sign it for a few reasons:

1) Many times I'll log into the server to find myself on the TG-heavy team. In which case I'll either switch over at the beginning of the next round or switch over as soon as I load in.
      2) I love my Devils, and I wanna play with them! I don't see a problem switching to play with your respective IHS's because we've been working lately to keep each IHS on a respective side.

I think it's simply best to use discretion when deciding whether or not to teamswitch. As for switching because I don't like the faction, or to get cool kits or vehicles, I will never do that, and I think a "contract" having people sign for that would serve a better purpose than just teamswitching in general.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Thx for the input Nardini, but could we please limit future responses to signatures?

Comment

Is this an official document that was first PM'ed to the admins who oversee the Battlefield gaming platform or the High Admins at TG? Or is this basically the same post that was similar to the use of Heavy Anti-Tank in regards to PR?

What happens if I am on the side that is winning round after round? If i choose to sign this and teamswitch then i have just gone against what this states.

I don't mean to harp on this subject but there shouldn't have to be a topic which requires a registered member to publicly abide to something in this form. The admins here at TG do a great job, and this in a way undermines the work in which they put in day in and day out as a volunteer. Some may interpret this as saying that the admins in fact are not doing their job, and that is wrong.

I would PM this to the battlefield Admins and get their take on the subject, however that is just my overall personal opinion.

Though i may not be in total agreement with this, I do agree with a Read and Understood Agreement for those who choose to wear the |TG| tag in game.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Sorry posting Disco after you asked not to but I just have to say this.

Even if everyone stops steams switching we are still gonna have a problem, the problem here is a social migration. You play on a bad team you leave, you play on a good team you stay so in time one team is stacked even if nobody team switched.

So my answer to this thread is that I intend to team switch and not only me but my whole squad when needed.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

I think that this topic should be merged with the other topic in the forum so those who wish to sign can do so and at the same time this topic can be discussed because it is similar and will prompt further discussion.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Ok, I'm going to just put a stop to my initiative right here. It seems clear to me by the rather immediate blowback from my very simple proposition, that no one on this forum is actually prepared to do anything to fight team stacking, assuming anyone even believes such a thing exists.

All that I said here was that I personally, would forswear my ability to change teams and that I offered anyone else with the desire to do the same a place where we could show support for one another. I clearly noted that this was my own personal decision and not a policy, a purely volunteer endeavor. Even then, it was quickly suggested that these kinds of discussions belong in Admin hands.

I challenge that line of thinking. If we want to stop team-stacking then letting Admin's do it for us is the last course of action we should take. This is not to say that the Admins are in any way bad at what they do; I think our admins are some of the best on the net. What I am saying is that using admins to stop teamstacking is like driving a nail with a screwdriver: its the wrong tool for the job.

Team-stacking can only be prevented at the base player level, by each and every one of us recognizing the problem and taking steps to solve it. It won't be easy, it won't be fast, and it definately won't be something that everyone is going to like. Nardini said above that he would not agree with my proposition because he "likes his devils" and wants to play with them. I argue that it is precisely this sentiment that is the base foundation for what team-stacking is. A member from the an IHS joins team 1, he's alone, another IHS member from the same unit joins the server and they decide to play together. Then another joins, and another, and another. We are a small community and we are all connected. I know more than a dozen players in TG now, and they each know a dozen more. At any given time I can join our server and find at least one person on the opposite team that I know of and would like to squad with.

Other threads have suggested that we need to realize that to stop team-stacking we can't play with our friends every time. That's true but it doesn't go far enough. We have to realize that we can't play with our friends half the time. Every single time you make the decision to join team A or team B because so'n'so is there and you want to be with them, you are promoting the kind of behavior that leads to team-stacking, yes, even when you switch to the loosing side. Is sacrificing your ability to team-switch really such a huge burden? You will still be playing with the same people you know and like to squad with. Is it necessary that everyone from a given IHS be on the same team? Where is the rule that says all XV must fight beside one another and never against? The scariest part is that what I'm suggesting doesn't even force us to willfully part ourselves. Most of the other suggestions begin with ideas for voluntarily switching sides to even out teams. All I wanted was for people to let fate decide. Statistically speaking you will be just as likely to end up on the team with your friend as the other team, and if you have two friends playing, and they too are committed to not switching then your odds improve considerably. If they're on opposing teams then now you're guaranteed to get a good squadmate.

I apologize for the fierceness of this response, but the way in which my simple and voluntary suggestion was so quickly and brutally attacked has really gotten my blood up. I've seen this server stacked to the brim some times, and I've also seen it so evenly matched that the game timer nearly decided the winner. I know which kind of game I'd rather play, and I'm going to take steps to make it happen. For those of you brave enough to join me, I congratulate you on your courage and conviction to stand up and act instead of debating endlessly.

As Han Solo said: "We don't have time to discuss this in a committee."

Comment

I never switch teams, even if we are getting pounded into the dirt. To stay while being overwhelmed is a good learning experience. You learn better hiding spots, or to identify targets better, or shoot a little straighter.
                  I whole heartily sign this, because it's basically the way I play anyway. I don't stack and play what is needed for the team to achieve it's goal of winning. I always play fairly, it's something I do because it makes everyone's playing experience better, and thus more enjoyable to me.
                  |TG|xShukax

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoJedi View Post
                    Ok, I'm going to just put a stop to my initiative right here. It seems clear to me by the rather immediate blowback from my very simple proposition, that no one on this forum is actually prepared to do anything to fight team stacking, assuming anyone even believes such a thing exists.

All that I said here was that I personally, would forswear my ability to change teams and that I offered anyone else with the desire to do the same a place where we could show support for one another. I clearly noted that this was my own personal decision and not a policy, a purely volunteer endeavor. Even then, it was quickly suggested that these kinds of discussions belong in Admin hands.

I challenge that line of thinking. If we want to stop team-stacking then letting Admin's do it for us is the last course of action we should take. This is not to say that the Admins are in any way bad at what they do; I think our admins are some of the best on the net. What I am saying is that using admins to stop teamstacking is like driving a nail with a screwdriver: its the wrong tool for the job.

Team-stacking can only be prevented at the base player level, by each and every one of us recognizing the problem and taking steps to solve it. It won't be easy, it won't be fast, and it definately won't be something that everyone is going to like. Nardini said above that he would not agree with my proposition because he "likes his devils" and wants to play with them. I argue that it is precisely this sentiment that is the base foundation for what team-stacking is. A member from the an IHS joins team 1, he's alone, another IHS member from the same unit joins the server and they decide to play together. Then another joins, and another, and another. We are a small community and we are all connected. I know more than a dozen players in TG now, and they each know a dozen more. At any given time I can join our server and find at least one person on the opposite team that I know of and would like to squad with.

Other threads have suggested that we need to realize that to stop team-stacking we can't play with our friends every time. That's true but it doesn't go far enough. We have to realize that we can't play with our friends half the time. Every single time you make the decision to join team A or team B because so'n'so is there and you want to be with them, you are promoting the kind of behavior that leads to team-stacking, yes, even when you switch to the loosing side. Is sacrificing your ability to team-switch really such a huge burden? You will still be playing with the same people you know and like to squad with. Is it necessary that everyone from a given IHS be on the same team? Where is the rule that says all XV must fight beside one another and never against? The scariest part is that what I'm suggesting doesn't even force us to willfully part ourselves. Most of the other suggestions begin with ideas for voluntarily switching sides to even out teams. All I wanted was for people to let fate decide. Statistically speaking you will be just as likely to end up on the team with your friend as the other team, and if you have two friends playing, and they too are committed to not switching then your odds improve considerably. If they're on opposing teams then now you're guaranteed to get a good squadmate.

I apologize for the fierceness of this response, but the way in which my simple and voluntary suggestion was so quickly and brutally attacked has really gotten my blood up. I've seen this server stacked to the brim some times, and I've also seen it so evenly matched that the game timer nearly decided the winner. I know which kind of game I'd rather play, and I'm going to take steps to make it happen. For those of you brave enough to join me, I congratulate you on your courage and conviction to stand up and act instead of debating endlessly.

As Han Solo said: "We don't have time to discuss this in a committee."
                    First off I apologize if it seemed that i attacked you in public, this was not the case.

There are many of us who do want to see how we can figure how some options to this issue of teamstacking but having a public pledge especially if you haven't let the admins or PM'ed them about this is not the way I would have gone about it.

that is all. Don't apologize your intentions are good, but.....why make people feel they have to publicly state something and if they don't want to forswear in regards to this topic in turn they can/will be looked down upon or even talked about as a "teamstacker" or "teamswitcher."

You are on the right track disco don't get me wrong, but just saying that you won't teamswitch doesn't solve the supposed "team stacking problem" that people think exists.

Personally I don't think there really is an issue, maybe at times there can be but i don't see it as an issue that is so detrimental that it will be the down fall of PR at TG. And I am tired of seeing people say that IHS and TG tag wearers are the reason of teamstacking. It's complete BS, and doesn't mean anything whatsoever. Rounds go in moderation, and if the admins see it being a problem they will switch people to other sides. I don't feel we have to micromanage the server so severely. People shouldn't be worried that if they play with this player on this round or that round that they will be looked down upon as a teamstacker.

I play PR because i enjoy the complexity and the strategy that goes into it. I enjoy that it is a FPS and there are up to 64 people total on the server playing as a team.

I personally don't want to come into a game of PR after work and have to put up with complainers who feel "that because their side doesn't have this asset, or because there are x number of people with a IHS or TG tag on that side and only x number of people with a IHS or TG tag on their side and therefore the teams are stacked and its unfair and will further complain in global and team chat and try to instigate others in doing the same."
                    It is disrespectful to the people on your team who are trying to play as a team and have to put up with those who are only interested in being on a team with IHS or TG tags or certain assets because its an automatic win if there are lots of players with IHS or TG tags on your side.

Disco when you saw a team stacked "to the brim" did you ever go on TS and ask to speak to an admin, or suggest something? Or did you ever PM an admin in regards to that or those rounds that you played on?
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

No one's attacking you at all Disco, in fact I stated I agreed with your basic premise, I just think it needs some adjustment. As for me loving to "play with the Devils", I did not state that I teamswitch to my friends' side every single round, far from it. There are a number of in-house squads on the server at any given time. If I log on and see another 6th on I am going to try and play with him, but if he's on with every other TG-tagged member and my side has none I won't switch. Also, where there are two of us there are the 10th, E1st, 15th, etc. to "counter" us on the other team. I simply think there is no need to keep people from switching sides, that (in my opinion) will not fix the teamstacking dilemma. Remember the incognito night and how one side got spanked every single round? That in effect had no teamswitching going on because no one knew who the others were, but the teamstacking problem was definitely going on.

I'm also not saying that IHS's are better than non-IHS guys, but I think people perceive it to be the case.

If you want me to create a new thread or merge these posts (other than the signature posts) into the other thread let me know.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

"Forswear TeamSwitching"

Stop it.

~Sirsolo
                        |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

(reads sticky at top of page)
                          ... We know have our own index of at least 10 threads about the same thing...

Comment

Eh...
                            ArPeeGee

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
                              (reads sticky at top of page)
                              ... We know have our own index of at least 10 threads about the same thing...
                              Fighter, you might wanna read the first post of this thread before replying...
                              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X