Why am I being kicked?! - "Forbidden words in chat" stories

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why am I being kicked?! - "Forbidden words in chat" stories

Inspired by the introductions thread. There should be a few stories about random/funny kicks by server scripts when you wrote something harmless in chat.

Some server kicked me for "Who is defending estate?"; apparently I could not write "ate".

Anyone else being left amazed at forbidden words when trying to reconnect after a pointless kick?

Re: Why am I being kicked?! - "Forbidden words in chat" stories

Originally posted by Fishbone View Post
    Some server kicked me for "Who is defending estate?"; apparently I could not write "ate".
    Haha!! These word kick systems are very,very stupid.

I wonder what word they'll kick you for next time.

sigpic

Comment

No. The word scripts are there for a reason. Cursing, racial slurs and other profanity. Sometimes mistakes happen but overall they are there for everyones benefit, whether you agree with it or not.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I misspell "flag" sometimes and accidentally leave out the L , I don't remember if that's our server or for a BFV server I play in.

Comment

I have been kicked from the TG server before. I typed something about a cockpit, then laughed at the language warning, then accidentally typed it again later in the game. Suddenly I read "You have been...".

It still works today on the server if you want to try it :).

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
            I have been kicked from the TG server before. I typed something about a cockpit, then laughed at the language warning, then accidentally typed it again later in the game. Suddenly I read "You have been...".

I've been warned for saying cockpit, never kicked though. I was actually coming here just to mention the times I've been warned for that :P
            Waldo II

Comment

Not a 'forbidden words in chat' story, but something similar:

When an admin kicks someone using CC (or I think it's from the control program rather than from in-game) a big message appears in green at the top of the screen, with a smaller subtext detailing the player name and infraction. The number of times I've jumped when 'Admin Cola is kicking YOU!' has appeared is incredible, even when I know I'm doing nothing wrong.
              | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
              Charge for the guns' he said:
              Into the valley of Death
                Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Nardi Cought this one on CC...

Originally posted by thegreatnardini
                Look at the last two lines :).

doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I've been kicked myself for typing "flag" without the "l" one too many times in a game.

edit: Cougar beat me to it :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                    Nardi Cought this one on CC...
                    Dang CC really does look clunky and bad. I was banned for saying "Y'all are going to crash the server with all your spam." Yeah I was banned, I know I'm bad.

EDIT: I just noticed the admins see both team's ticket counts. ;)

@Nerdy: The first time I saw that, I was like wt... what did I do...

EDIT for the third time: I know Kat got banned for saying someones name that was a racial slur that no one even knew.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
                      Dang CC really does look clunky and bad. I was banned for saying "Y'all are going to crash the server with all your spam." Yeah I was banned, I know I'm bad.

We see, hear and know everything...

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Anyone else get a chill up their spine right there?

Comment

Originally posted by starstriker1 View Post
                          Anyone else get a chill up their spine right there?
                          No, because in return BF2CC likes to fail a lot :p don't know about TG's server but BF2CC isn't really a universal server managing utility :P

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatnardini View Post
                            We see, hear and know everything...
                            haha i remember that... but what was funny was that right before you said that, I typed out what you told me on TS and i said "Fighter says you're all going to crash the server with the spam haha" nothing happened to me.... So i guess if you say someone says, it doesn't count? "some person says that apc gunner is a fcking douche for tking the whole team.... "
                            csxgamerz

Comment

Originally posted by Fighter View Post

@Nerdy: The first time I saw that, I was like wt... what did I do...

EDIT for the third time: I know Kat got banned for saying someones name that was a racial slur that no one even knew.
                              ahahahaha i meant to quote this one.. phail on me ^^
                              csxgamerz

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X