Comms question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comms question

Is it possible to get squad comms on one side of a speaker and CO comms on another? If not is it possible to do it with TS and the in game comms? I do this in real life where I have two radios in a CP where I have one going to my right ear and the other to my left. That way I can monitor both radios at the same time.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Re: Comms question

I don't think it would be possible as BF2 streams all VOIP sounds together and doesn't differ them. Maybe some huge tech could do it. But, I don' think it canbe done.

Would be handy though.
    |TG|
    ||||

Comment

It all depends on how BF2 i guess coded, their sound. I know that like in music files sometimes you may get the vocals in one earphone and say the guitars in another. But in BF2 like Sonic said, they are all mashed together. I get squad/CO comms in my left ear and game sounds in both, but quieter in the left.
      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

If you have to sound cards (or on-board audio and a sound card) you can set teamspeak for one and BF2 for another. I messed around with this a while back and had a 1-earpiece headset hooked up to teamspeak and BF2 sounds came out my speaker. It was really cool but rather pointless :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Windows will use two sound cards if you like and you could assign TS to use a different set of speakers to the game

But splitting the channels like that is not really anything Ive heard of in a game except the idea of surround sound. Would be cool in pr to have a signals man and comms through the vehicle radios and fb, etc

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

you might be looking for some kind of virtual audio cable but i haven't found a decent software yet (not really searched thoroughly)

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It looks like it's too much of a hassle for what it gives you in return. I was hoping it was something that could easily be done but no one had thought of it yet.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X