Out for a while

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out for a while

Well, this past few days I have been pulling my hair out cause I have not been able to play PR. It took me a couple days just to figure out what was wrong with my computer but I narrowed it down to the one stick of RAM. I can get it RMA'ed but have to send both modules in to get them both checked out. If one is bad they said they will replace both sticks cause they are a paired dual channel set(gotta love OCZ). Guess I should be glad of this but still it is down time and I am already having withdraws from not playing PR late at night like I am used to.
    Think I will try to get in a game tonight before I send everything in but I had did a format and fresh install of Vista thinking that was my problem and need to reinstall Bf2 and PR. Glad I had everything backed up, even the PR setup files!! As usual I probably won't be on till late though.
    If the regulars I play with don't see me on later then I will catch you all when I am up and running again.

Re: Out for a while

Thats sucks,

I had a bad stick of Mushkin Ram that was a dual pack, and had to only send the one stick back. When I got the replacement it was a new dual back so now I got a free back up. Greg @ Mushkin you will be missed.

Does OCZ have a advanced RMA program set up?

Comment

No, I need to send them back with no cross shipping. I was hoping for the cross shipping so I could not have such a long down time.
      On the up side though, w-2's should be handed out tomorrow... Saturday I may have a nice income tax check and be on the way to buy me a decent laptop that should handle PR fairly decent or I may just get some more RAM. I can only imagine having 8Gb in my computer. I think overkill would be the term to use then. Not exactly sure what I will do till the money is in my hands. Laptop would be nice to have as a complete backup though.

Comment

Got the W-2's and already filed taxes, won't have them back as quick as last year though. I have to wait till Monday. Was looking at a nice laptop though that should handle PR with no problems. Getting a little more back than I was expecting too.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
          Got the W-2's and already filed taxes, won't have them back as quick as last year though. I have to wait till Monday. Was looking at a nice laptop though that should handle PR with no problems. Getting a little more back than I was expecting too.
          In California, we get IOU's for tax returns this year.

A little off topic, but I thought I'd share.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X