Radio Standard Operating Procedures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Standard Operating Procedures

Is it just me that hasn't seen it, or does NOBODY at all use the Radio S.O.P.'s? I've not heard anyone use the radio check, sitrep, SMEAC, or saying 'Red', 'Green', or 'Yellow' when it comes to firing.

It sure doesn't seem standard to me.

- Star

Re: Radio Standard Operating Procedures

I've seen a few people use the red/yellow/green scheme, though the simple fact is that few people understand the established conventions, so usage is therefore limited to a very small subset of individuals who understand what the others are saying.

Still, I think most people use less standardized, less efficient, and more easily picked up versions of these when they want to make use of corresponding tactics. I've certainly told my squad not to fire until fired upon more than once (though whether they listened is another question entirely!)

Comment

see, the problem is that you can only use the SOPs with people who actually know them, i've had a lot of experiences as a commander where i asked some SL's: Give me a Sitrep down there.

And they just answer: A sitwhat?

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

TG is famous for its sop, read the helpfiles, faq, etc

years ago I can remember people using it whenever I went co for five mins to drop a crate and I was fairly clueless wtf they were saying tbh.

It does sound weird as its nothing like hello, alot of those guys must just play arma now where its built into the game I think

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ng-procedures/

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I've noticed that more people use the TG SOP in ArmA than PR. Why that is, I have no idea.

Comment

Speaking of radios Startrekern you really need to do something about your mic or get a new one. It just drones out everyone else out in the squad and has a very annoying static. Im sure that most people that have played with you know about this. If i need to i will paypal you money to buy a new one
            |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Some people use it, others find it not good for the battle situation, and others are just new, not ready to incorporate things, Zedic used orders group I remember, and a proper briefing.

And others may be too lazy? there is a million reasons.

Maybe it's all just too confusing, and people would rather play than sit there memorizing the SOPs. Although I don't think people would do it all at once. I know some of it. Not all of it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by warpig1292 View Post
                Speaking of radios Startrekern you really need to do something about your mic or get a new one. It just drones out everyone else out in the squad and has a very annoying static. Im sure that most people that have played with you know about this. If i need to i will paypal you money to buy a new one
                I'm pretty sure it's actually my computer or something. Because the microphone itself wasn't exactly a crappy one. It's a fairly new Logitech job.

There's probably some checkbox [not] checked somewhere that is causing the issue.

I'll poke around with settings one of these days and see if I can get it to quiet down a little.

Comment

Originally posted by warpig1292 View Post
                  Now that you mention it, my mic is a little fuzzy too! Should I PM that paypal address or what? :P

Comment

Originally posted by WDT_Alpha_s9 View Post
                    Now that you mention it, my mic is a little fuzzy too! Should I PM that paypal address or what? :P
                    My t.v.'s getting old too...

Comment

Great reminder Startrekern!
                      ​​​​​​​

Comment

I don't generally use the radio SOPs.

I feel they are less efficient in conveying the same information (When dealing with an average group of players, pubbie and |TG| intermix).

However, when I'm playing with somebody who is using the SOPs, I do my best to play along.

Comment

great reminder

when i first read the SOPs I was quite eager to use them
                          I play SL from time to time and thus I tried to use em - but i ended up explaining which means what - instead of using them effectively

I started forgetting them
                          I'll make myself a little sticky note on my monitor - so I just have to read it out loud :)
                          repetition = learning

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
                            I'm pretty sure it's actually my computer or something. Because the microphone itself wasn't exactly a crappy one. It's a fairly new Logitech job.

There's probably some checkbox [not] checked somewhere that is causing the issue.

I'll poke around with settings one of these days and see if I can get it to quiet down a little.
                            If you're running XP:
                            Control Panel > Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices > Sounds and Audio Devices
                            That should open up a little window titled "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties." Click on the Voice tab at the top, and click on Volume under Voice Recording. You can play around with the volume of your microphone from there.

Comment

The reason: I havn't played in quite a long time ;)
                              I always use Sitreps (usually as Commander, as I can give sitreps to myself as SL when Im with my squad) and I always use firing colours with my squad.

As for SMEACs:I use these in Cadets. A month in advance to an event. These do not belong in game.

Also: I use the phonetic alphabet for grid references! =D

~Sirsolo
                              |TG-Irr|Sirsolo since 18OCT08.

Carpe Diem

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse