Organized Password Night Jan 23?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Password Night Jan 23?

Hey, since the new patch comes out Friday, how about a big organized Password night?

I remember back when v0.8 came out, teamspeak filled up so much that the admins were going from channel to channel kicking people who were away to make room. I would love to have all 62 slots filled with TGers rockin' v0.85.

Your thoughts?

Re: Organized Password Night Jan 23?

My thoughts are that we should run a locked server in training mode for a day or 2, so those of us, like myself, who want to see what .85 has to offer, can fool around with the new things the developers added on to the game, with the support, input, and yes, ridicule of our fellow gamers.

I'd rather not play on a pubby training server that never has an administrator on it.
    The beatings will continue untill morale improves.

Comment

My thoughts are this: not on Friday, and as far as a locked training server, no.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

What of our precious Sunday password nights? Will we witness an annual return of them?
        Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
          My thoughts are this: not on Friday, and as far as a locked training server, no.
          Understood

Comment

Yeah, no password on the release, but it's going to be a training server?

Cool!

sigpic

Comment

ALWAYS listen to Jack!

We've had big changes before and people learned about them playing normally, why not this time?
              |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Originally posted by Berlancic View Post
                Yeah, no password on the release, but it's going to be a training server?

Cool!
                Why on Earth would we change over the #2 BF2 server in the world (and #1 PR) to a training server????

No, we will not be running .85 as a training server.

There is this thing called a manual that gets installed with PR. Try reading it before you join. If you need to learn how to fly or play with the new vehicles, fire up a local server.

Comment

There is this thing called a manual that gets installed with PR. Try reading it before you join.
                  F1
                  "RTFM" is always a good call at this point.
                  I'll provide it during the first week after release as well :p

---------
                  |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

Training mode aside though, a password night would be awesome in the near future after the release.

Comment

You may see some password nights pop up soon, but it won't be on the release date.

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Yes, we will be having password nights soon.

Regarding "Opening Day", I think you will find that the level of gameplay on release day should be extremely high and should remain that way all weekend as people get their PR Jones on.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac302 View Post
                          My thoughts are that we should run a locked server in training mode for a day or 2, so those of us, like myself, who want to see what .85 has to offer, can fool around with the new things the developers added on to the game, with the support, input, and yes, ridicule of our fellow gamers.

I'd rather not play on a pubby training server that never has an administrator on it.
                          fire up a local server = problem solved and you can be your own admin and kick yourself if you get out of line.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                          Level I HazMat Technician
                          NYS EMT-B
                          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Yes, we will be having password nights soon.

Regarding "Opening Day", I think you will find that the level of gameplay on release day should be extremely high and should remain that way all weekend as people get their PR Jones on.
                            You also have to consider the delay from the release time until people actually have it installed... Last release took me almost 24 hours to download from fileplanet, I'm assuming because there were so many people downloading at once.

This was probably due to fileplanet severely underestimating the amount of traffic the file download would produce, but if the same thing happens again we might be struggling to get players on release day.

Comment

I think it would be good to have it passworded on release, for TG members so that we dont get this massive cluster of newbies flooding the server, and the regulars that arent sm can play without queing for 20 min, but as far as a training server goes NO!! never...
                              PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X