The Secret Cave of Archers's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secret Cave of Archers's

Namebot, Alpha and myself are now part of the elite few who have reached the end of this treacherous journey, we lost many a good men along the way; fallen down hundreds of feet to their deaths, but the riches and wonders at the end of that o most secret of caves, they made the quest worth more than we imagined.

As we climbed our way out into the sunlight, our pockets laden with Chinese booty and womenz, the fates were with us it seemed- the enemy's main base had just come into contention, and by climbing over a certain hole in the barbed wire we were able to ninja down into the Chinese silo complex and close the main door. Needless to say, watching the single doorway choke point at the rear was a cakewalk for the three of us, and victory came soon after, with the Chinese trying in vain to break through the huge steel doors we had closed.

Most fun I've had playing PR in a very long time. Kudos to the rest of the team that did an absolutely amazing job setting up an initial beach head on the northern side of the island, which we kept the entire match, due in no small part to the superior flying skills of the Huey pilots and attack birds.

The comeback on Muttrah wasn't too shabby either - they had south city neutral ffs.
    Last edited by Paine; 01-22-2009, 12:25 AM.
    Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Re: The Secret Cave of Archers's

That was awesome.

Climbing gear: $685
    Morphine and splints: $1275
    Tshirt at the giftshop: $12

The sound of a chinese jeep repeatedly bashing into the outside of the blast doors: Priceless.

Comment

So, let me get this straight, that cave takes you to the Chinese main?

I've played this map over and over, won it quite a bit as US, but I never had the chance to fight over the chinese main base. I was told before the battle is epic, be cool to gt to fight there someday :)

Gratz to you guys, sounds like a good win :)
      |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Been there, done that, but I am not allowed to elaborate.....

Comment

wow - maybe it'll be up to KevlarBR & me and some others to make these experiences too. :D
          well done!

---------
          |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

I once convinced my entire squad to go down the cave on barracuda, i wasnt squadleading either. I think we lost about 4 guys, but me and the sl made it down ok, :)

Comment

so much white rock, you get confused witch way is up and then... AHHHHHHH splat
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

that's why i stay away from crack its whack.........oh wait, is that not what you are talkin' about?
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by KevlarBR View Post
                  So, let me get this straight, that cave takes you to the Chinese main?

I've played this map over and over, won it quite a bit as US, but I never had the chance to fight over the chinese main base. I was told before the battle is epic, be cool to gt to fight there someday :)

Gratz to you guys, sounds like a good win :)
                  It doesn't take you INTO the base exactly. It actually doesn't even go that far from where you enter the cave at the shoreline, but it does go almost straight up. When you come out, you're outside the walls at silo, but you're on a flank that is generally very lightly patrolled.

The chopper drop can be done pretty quick, there's a nice little water pool right in front of the cave. The approach can be hairy though, as we found out on our first attempt.

Comment

I may have lead us to a dead end, slipped off, and left some comrades stranded without a rope on the first attempt.
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Most of the ledges are too small to hold a full squad without knocking someone off. But if your ropeman will climb till he finds a big enough ledge and then drops the rope back to the others then its more feasable.

Comment

It's a reall nice cave, I scaled it once too. Too bad that it is a horrible waste of time and thus completely useless. It's the same for most of the enclosed areas on barracuda. Your RP will disappear so easily that there never is a good reason to go into the tunnels.

The tunnels and caves could give some great fights if things were different.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                          The tunnels and caves could give some great fights if things were different.

Be careful what you wish for........

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I wish for incredibly violent, bloody, claustrofobic fights where you know where the enemy is coming, he knows you know, and the only thing seperating life and death is your readiness and the cover of your squadmates. Stuff like breaching a room with four enemies inside, and killing them by speed, surprise and correct clearing tactics. Should I worry then? I want to worry :).

I did check for changes in the distance on which enemy soldiers make RP's disappear. I didn't see any, so that can't be the way tunnefighting etc could be made more important. The distance currently is 50m in a horizotal direction, but infinite in a vertical direction afaik. So every time 3 enemies are above your RP at any distance (e.g. in the dam on Jabal) your RP will disappear.

PS I miss flashbangs!

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                              I wish for incredibly violent, bloody, claustrofobic fights where you know where the enemy is coming, he knows you know, and the only thing seperating life and death is your readiness and the cover of your squadmates. Stuff like breaching a room with four enemies inside, and killing them by speed, surprise and correct clearing tactics. Should I worry then? I want to worry :).

PS I miss flashbangs!

Al, you should be "wet your pants" worried....

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X