Insurgent asset spawns in play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurgent asset spawns in play?

On some insurgency maps the insurgents have locations that continually spawn in the assets for their team. These locations also contain permanent spawns for the insurgent team. Are these locations open to attack by the peacekeeping forces?
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Re: Insurgent asset spawns in play?

I had something like this last night, my squad leader was telling me not to destroy spawn points and to collect kills 'for the win' basically.

This was perfectly legal according to him, I guess it could be a grey spot since you can attack ucb on insurgent maps with their permanent spawns and its going to confuse more new players in .85 so its down to regulars to pipe up (politely) imo

Camping spawns like that is covered by the TG primer afaik. Its not tactics, its just taking advantage of the game engine.

Allied forces get intelligence points for just continually killing people leaving the mosques and so on. Last night we had a humvee sitting by a hideout for 10 mins with the floor covered with bodies

Its crappy gameplay, there doesnt have to be any higher principle then that. Turns the game into space invaders or duck hunt which it is not

Destroy spawns when you can otherwise pass by quickly

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine, regardless of the level of advantage, if any, it gives over the opposing team.
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...er-primer.html

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

It is however up to the team (insurgents) to give out intel about which spawn points are not safe to spawn on. But I see your point saber, it can be abused. However I don't think it's that big of a problem since most players do take out that spawn point, atleast regulars in the TG community. But as in your situation, with the order being given to "camp" the spawn point, that must be a rule violation. If not that, utterly awful atleast.

Comment

Rules of Engagement for BluFor:

Mosques may not be engaged, even if BluFor are receiving fire from within the mosque.

BluFor may not baserape, meaning attack OpFor units inside their main(s).

Once OpFor leaves their mosque/main, they may be engaged.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
          I had something like this last night, my squad leader was telling me not to destroy spawn points and to collect kills 'for the win' basically.

This was perfectly legal according to him, I guess it could be a grey spot since you can attack ucb on insurgent maps with their permanent spawns and its going to confuse more new players in .85 so its down to regulars to pipe up (politely) imo

Camping spawns like that is covered by the TG primer afaik. Its not tactics, its just taking advantage of the game engine.

Allied forces get intelligence points for just continually killing people leaving the mosques and so on. Last night we had a humvee sitting by a hideout for 10 mins with the floor covered with bodies

Its crappy gameplay, there doesnt have to be any higher principle then that. Turns the game into space invaders or duck hunt which it is not

Destroy spawns when you can otherwise pass by quickly

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...er-primer.html
          It is crappy game play, and this will change in the very near future as Insurgency has changed and it doesn't benefit the BluFor team to camp spawns forever. However, it should also be perfectly clear that the admins will not protect players on *any* player-deployed spawn points (RPs & FOBs). It is your choice to spawn there or not, so if you know it is being camped then use your head and spawn somewhere else. Also, PR limits this type of behavior by disabling a spawn after 6 soldiers die within 50m of their spawn point.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I was specifically wondering(but failed to mention) if destroying the insurgent assets was allowed. From your response I would assume it is not.

EDIT: just to make sure I understand, H1 on archer, the palace on basrah, and the top spawn on ramiel are considered main bases for insurgents?
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

PR limits this type of behavior by disabling a spawn after 6 soldiers die within 50m of their spawn point.
              Yep the devs have done a good job but last night it was a hideout being camped and the same applies to FOB. Any guy stuck on a 50 cal by hostiles just has to shoot the radio to blow it up, even rifle fire would work afaik.
              I did avoid spawning there unfortunately lots werent which is partly their own fault

Im not sure on the assets, I wouldnt normally go for them especially but on basra we have attacked the palace (since it became not a flag in recent versions) before to blow up the suicide cars especially and Ive mined the entrance.

Ive avoided camping the spawns because it is bs to shoot some bloke who just appeared in front of you but we have basically tried to put it out of action in the past so that spawning there was a waste of time more then deadly

On Ramiel Ive never done that but personally I'd say its ok to blow up their trucks but you have to withdraw quickly. Disable their position but dont camp it, thats what I'd do.

Same with (visually) following a truck or heli back to its ucb, its a grey area so I would do that but withdraw quickly. On qwai the chinese heli has twice the top speed of the littlebird so its definitly a case of taking advantage but its within the rules afaik
              I dont fly jets but the same could apply to kashan apparently, the frogfoot has the higher speed over the a10 ?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I think the worst case on this may be karbala, but I have yet to play on it.

Operation Archer should be no problem with the insurgent permanent spawn, neither should karbala, ramiel or korengal.

I think we may consider in the future also deleting spawn point from hideout/FOB after 6 friendly have died there, because at that point its no longer a secure reinforcement point and it stops the kind of spawn camp behaviour that is a big negative gameplay element.

Comment

Karbla seems fine as far as Insurgent spawn points go. The secondary CP site may be an issue but the red zone is large enough that it is hard to get a clear shot into the mosque.
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

One thing I dont like about the insurgents being allowed to baserape is that, ya it adds another way for them to kill ally assets and take assets away.What about the fact that the reason baserape isn't on normal modes is because defending your main for the whole game is boaring and in real life there would be people defending main bases where ever they are in the world?
                    |TG-69th|chrisweb89

Comment

A ground invasion isnt feasible but insurgents do fire mortars at allied bases in iraq and Afghanistan and thats how it plays pretty much

Comment

Originally posted by chrisweb89 View Post
                        One thing I dont like about the insurgents being allowed to baserape is that, ya it adds another way for them to kill ally assets and take assets away.What about the fact that the reason baserape isn't on normal modes is because defending your main for the whole game is boaring and in real life there would be people defending main bases where ever they are in the world?
                        We introduced this rule change for insurgents to coincide with the release of .8, which fixed insurgency, and that after we participated in testing we thought that the insurgents were horribly out-gunned and this was a way to even the playing field.

We may change this rule back to be consistent with our normal AAS rules, but let's see how .85 plays out. With the Taliban faction, the amount of IEDs have dropped considerably. However, because of the importance of assets, I see nothing wrong with having a squad assigned to main base defense. It's part of the whole teamwork concept.

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                          We introduced this rule change for insurgents to coincide with the release of .8, which fixed insurgency, and that after we participated in testing we thought that the insurgents were horribly out-gunned and this was a way to even the playing field.

We may change this rule back to be consistent with our normal AAS rules, but let's see how .85 plays out. With the Taliban faction, the amount of IEDs have dropped considerably. However, because of the importance of assets, I see nothing wrong with having a squad assigned to main base defense. It's part of the whole teamwork concept.
                          I hope it is changed back. I never liked this ins rule, and with all the penalties for losing vehicles... 10 tickets for destroying an unused chopper is just not right imo.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X