Congrats Devs Pr 8.5 is Superb!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Devs Pr 8.5 is Superb!

I have to say to the Development Team that this update looks and sounds superb!

If there is anything that suggests to a company to allow you to get your own game engine - this is it.

It's sleek, crisp, the sound is absorbing. The environemtnal conditions immerse you in the world you are in. Even putting a site up to your eye, feels as though you are doing it, holding metal, the crack, distant gunfire.

The pace, and aiming is wonderful, the change of gameplay to use all the environment has lead to a real develpoment of battlefield tactics. Not A to B anymore, but flanking, teamwork, counter moves, thinking, planning. Now a place that was not on Route A to B becomes a real place, a real environment, a real piece of turf, a real battle location you observe or decide upon for its critical input.

I gotta say, you guys are good, and I have not seen a better game for a long time. And I should know, I have been brought up on it since a kid unable to hardly reach the coin-op in the 70's.

Very good job. I truely hope you get the recognition and the engine you deserve. And I'll support you all the way.

And thank you.. because your hard work in your free time, has given me so much enjoyment over the years: for free. And because of it I have been lucky enough to witness the games' development, and for sure, this deserves its ranking, in my eyes, besides such games as NHL 93, and that is no mean feat for this punter to say such. Infact, I'll say it again, This: 8.5 can and does rank itself alongside classics such as NHL 93, and only a couple of games through the evolution of gaming since the 70's can actually say that. This can. So says I anyway and I think I know a bit about it because I grew up gaming too from then.

Good job. I really hope you get the credit you all deserve, you are a marvelous team, and PR is officially a marvel. Get that engine guys. Develop it. Release it upon the world. I'd love it for you and with you. Thank you again, and well done.

Tai

Re: Congrats Devs Pr 8.5 is Superb!

Well said! Hurah for the devs and everyone else who helped in the making! :)
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I make your words mine also.

Gratz!

Huzah!
      |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

I Concur! Hua!

Comment

im installing right now :) cant wait to play

i think i wont sleep tonight even tough im working at 9 tomorrow..
          sigpic

Any problem on Earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.

Comment

I've been playing Project Reality since a few releases back. I will never go back to BF2:vanilla and I truly love this mod. Downloaded 0.85 yesterday but had to join a LAN game with a few friends in town, so now I've been up all night and can't wait to go home and try out the latest patch :)

It pleases me to see such positive reactions, I'm all itchy to play it. I found the aim was a little to unforgiving in the last version, nice of them to change it. And reading the release notes I can't help but to notice all the new stuff that's been implemented!! ^^

I would seriously pay, at least $10, without blinking for every new PR patch these guys deliver.

PS. You also consider NHL 93 (for Genesis) one of the best sports games ever? :D haha it's still golden entertainment. "PUUUEH!" ah the pixelated violence and 16-bit synthesized organ...
            sigpic

Comment

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/donate.html

money well spent

Comment

NHL 93 ftw............best sports game ever created!

I am loving it, got to play one map tonight kovelisk (sp?) as the russian side, man the deviation on the AK-47's are perfect, I have never had so much fun playing medic before, I enjoyed being playing infantry far more then being in an armor asset.

Can't wait to play all this weekend, perfect excuse to, i shall see you all on the server tomorrow afternoon, nite.

P.S. The movie Swingers has nhl 93 in the movie, classic......make gretzky bleed!
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I think you mean the 74? its the smalled stock and barreled weapon. I just love the new guns. it makes everything so even and the new guns are just HOT
                  |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Originally posted by Taip3n View Post
                    I have to say to the Development Team that this update looks and sounds superb!

If there is anything that suggests to a company to allow you to get your own game engine - this is it.

It's sleek, crisp, the sound is absorbing. The environemtnal conditions immerse you in the world you are in. Even putting a site up to your eye, feels as though you are doing it, holding metal, the crack, distant gunfire.

The pace, and aiming is wonderful, the change of gameplay to use all the environment has lead to a real develpoment of battlefield tactics. Not A to B anymore, but flanking, teamwork, counter moves, thinking, planning. Now a place that was not on Route A to B becomes a real place, a real environment, a real piece of turf, a real battle location you observe or decide upon for its critical input.

I gotta say, you guys are good, and I have not seen a better game for a long time. And I should know, I have been brought up on it since a kid unable to hardly reach the coin-op in the 70's.

Very good job. I truely hope you get the recognition and the engine you deserve. And I'll support you all the way.

And thank you.. because your hard work in your free time, has given me so much enjoyment over the years: for free. And because of it I have been lucky enough to witness the games' development, and for sure, this deserves its ranking, in my eyes, besides such games as NHL 93, and that is no mean feat for this punter to say such. Infact, I'll say it again, This: 8.5 can and does rank itself alongside classics such as NHL 93, and only a couple of games through the evolution of gaming since the 70's can actually say that. This can. So says I anyway and I think I know a bit about it because I grew up gaming too from then.

Good job. I really hope you get the credit you all deserve, you are a marvelous team, and PR is officially a marvel. Get that engine guys. Develop it. Release it upon the world. I'd love it for you and with you. Thank you again, and well done.

Tai
                    F1
                    all said - CONGRATS!!!!
                    Best regards
                    DD

---------
                    |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

You guys did a really good job with this, and i can see how 'hard rushing' is becoming a thing off the past. As the weapons have found them self a new accuracy. Im definantly gonna be keeping my distance also. AKS for the win the new deviation and weapons are great!
                      PR ingame name - |TG-Irr| SilverJohn

Comment

Outstanding! thanx dev's for all the hard work. :)

simply amazing (as always ;) )

Comment

Gaaaah! Downloading the core file now, still got an estimated 2hrs 40mins to go, then there's the levels file!
                          I know this is gonna be great, so I'll say an advanced thankyou to all the devs!
                          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

You guys put a lot of effort into it and it's perfect. I think I'm going to actually like the AK-47 for the first time. It's fantastic. Although I've already found a problem screwing around on Karbala I think it was.

The US Logistics truck. when using the rear view, it sort of goes near the engine area, in the middle of the truck, so your looking at the ground from inside the actual truck.

sigpic

Comment

I played my first round yesterday morning on Kovelisk (I don't know how to spell it either). The detail in the small details is what makes it awesome. I was kinda surprised when I walked into the barraks and there are people on the beds! Also the dead soldiers on the road and in the tanks. Sounds are getting better and better each release...right down to the new shoveling sound! The weapons deviation seems to have gotten better as I got more kills yesterday than I normally do! :) Job well done! Thanks a lot for your time and effort.
                              Sidenote* Am I understanding this correctly? If PR wins first place, they get their own engine?
                              sigpic
                              I'm Back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...