blown bridges?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blown bridges?

is there a way to repair blown bridges anymore?

from the manual: The wrench is only used to remove explosives like mines, trip flares and
    grenade traps. It does not repair vehicles anymore

just wondering. :)

Re: blown bridges?

hmmmm maybe read the changelog and see if it says anything...

http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com...0856+changelog

3rd link down it looks like. I would have thought you can still repair blow bridges but I can't be sure.

Comment

um...so am i missing something? i didnt see an answer in the link you suggested.

Comment

No you can't fix bridges.
        |TG-6th|Spaz

"You the people have the power, the power to create machines, the power to create happiness. You the people have the power to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure."

Comment

This is from the manual, pg. 23

The wrench is only used to remove explosives like mines, trip flares and
          grenade traps. It does not repair vehicles anymore. It can, however be
          used to repair cratered runways
          I could have swore I saw that wrenches could still repair bridges, but I can't find it now. Guess we need to experiment. However, repair stations will attempt to build (shovel/repair) FOBs, so perhaps you need to deploy a repair station close to a destroyed bridge and it will be repaired. Sounds like something fun to try out.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post

I could have swore I saw that wrenches could still repair bridges, but I can't find it now. Guess we need to experiment. However, repair stations will attempt to build (shovel/repair) FOBs, so perhaps you need to deploy a repair station close to a destroyed bridge and it will be repaired. Sounds like something fun to try out.
            I have been testing things all day, I love the new M4 sounds. And the shotgun. And now I finally know what an incendiary grenade looks like when exploded.

I'll try this as soon as I can.

sigpic

Comment

i read thru the entire change log, and couldn't find anything about bridges...but its long, and i might have missed it.

what worries me is: if you cant repair a bridge, and the bridge on fool's road gets destroyed, it will ruin game play for the rest of the map.

but i might be wrong.

Comment

^ All Russian APCs can float (apart from the trucks not being able to get over, that's true.)

But last time I checked, repair crates did repair bridges, it just takes some time.

Comment

Originally posted by [R-PUB]bosco View Post
                  ^ All Russian APCs can float (apart from the trucks not being able to get over, that's true.)

But last time I checked, repair crates did repair bridges, it just takes some time.
                  Ok, and this is somewhat more realistic representation than some guys lying prone wrenching concrete or wooden planks.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

ahhh...very good :)

Comment

so...just for the record. i started a server, and was able to blow the bridge, and then repair it with the wrench...if anyone is interested.

Comment

you need to deploy a repair station close to a destroyed bridge and it will be repaired.
                        This.

I read through the logistics thread and this question was brought up. The Devs responded that you have to put a repair station next to the destroyed section of the bridge.
                        Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by Redd_Wiggler View Post
                          so...just for the record. i started a server, and was able to blow the bridge, and then repair it with the wrench...if anyone is interested.
                          Good find..

Comment

Originally posted by Redd_Wiggler View Post
                            Ahhhhhh! it's a secret!

most bridges like bosco stated are dependant on a repair crate.

however, smaller bridges (such as the wooden ones I believe for example) can be shovelled back to health.

Comment

Command Trucks and Logistics trucks can be repaired by combat engineers from the inside (passenger). Found it out doing logistics with Bullseye. Off Topic but, something to bring up.

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X