Some advice when playing as an insurgent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advice when playing as an insurgent

I plan on also posting this in the PR Strategy and Tactics forum, but wanted to get some positive feedback on what how to play as an insurgent in .85.

Insurgents in the real world are actually very well organized, its scary but its true, so please use common sense on the insurgent battlefield.

Remember when playing as an Insurgent it isn't code for acting like a lunatic who drives around willy nilly, thinking it is bf2 vanilla.

Mark your mines, and if there is no CO, pay attention to Team Chat, that way when people say where they have placed grenade traps and Mines, and IED's you know not to drive or walk around those areas.

The Dirtbikes are not really your friend, and can be more annoying especially if you drive them near where mines are, they are not steady or balanced well and should only be used for extreme circumstances.

If there is a CO, alert him to what is happening around you, i.e. if mines and grenade traps are set up tell him where so the appropriate markers can be placed, also inform him of enemy movements just as you would on any other map that is played in PR.

Use common sense.

^^^The above are my tips/suggestions please feel free to add more.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Some advice when playing as an insurgent

Best not to place grenade traps on a very popular entrance (I mean popular for friendlies) or exit. Place them ahead near strategic entrances or in fields hmm? This is because my first grenade trap kill was a friendly. Mine marker and everything, there's always one person.

Maybe try delay the enemy as much as possible, make them think that a cache is where you're defending. Not too far from an actual cache yet not too close. This would work well when not all the caches are revealed to the coalition side. Delaying costs tickets, and time.

Ambushes are lovely, do it like in reality, gather up in one strategic spot which will soon become the 'killzone'. Have IEDs setup along possible exit paths to prevent enemy escape, if anyone does attempt to escape, blow them to nothing. Well executed ambushes do work really well and even the elitist squad 90%, cannot get out of it. This may be more general than 0.85, but they still should work.

sigpic

Comment

might be worth adding in the following bits of info:

you can now have:
      20x active mines
      10x active IEDS
      4x grenade traps

I know its easy to see if you read the changelog, but seeing as insurgents have an infinite supply of ammo located around the map, I dont see why these weapons are not used nearly enough!

Comment

I find even if you mark grenade traps, friendlies are just too dumb to use the map while on foot. Same with mines and cars really.

1 neat trick is to actually be with a squad leader who leads and knows how to set up ambushes, this is how the insurgent/Taliban should fight, and thus have been given the equipment to do so
        |Drewb

Comment

Also make sure you do not put your IEDs close enough to the cache that it will destroy it! Remember the IED and C4 explosion radii are quite large.
          |TG-6th|Belhade
          "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Since you can have as many as 10 IEDs down at a time, coordinate with your squadmates to cover all the chokepoints leading to a cache, whether that'd be a road or a high-traffic alleyway.

I set my IEDs down in sneaky ways;

On maps like Ramiel, the dirt roads sometimes have rocks on them. Placing your IEDs "on" the rock will conceal it inside the rock, making it harder to spot. The rocks are usually in the middle of the road too, allowing for maximum damage.

In other areas where placing your IEDs in the road would be too obvious, try setting them on static cars parked on the side of the roads or next to the sidewalk where they'll blend in better. Since they'll explode on the sides of the road, you'll want to make sure that you have enough IEDs on both sides of the road to compensate for the indirect hits you'll score on passing enemies.

Lastly, the Taliban do have IEDs! It is the Combat Engineer Kit! The Taliban Faction can only get their requestable kits off weapons caches.

| |

Comment

Omg it really is get like the real thing "Taliban do have IEDs! It is the Combat Engineer Kit! The Taliban Faction"

One of my britsh friends lost his real life to an IED out in kandahar very sad "RIP"
              sigpic
              "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                Also make sure you do not put your IEDs close enough to the cache that it will destroy it! Remember the IED and C4 explosion radii are quite large.
                I made this mistake the other night on Karbala, it sucks when it happens by accident, and i don't plan on doing it again.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Yeah, I know, I was there, that's why I had to point it out! :icon_lol:

I did the same thing a month ago on Korengal, so don't feel so bad.
                  |TG-6th|Belhade
                  "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Tip: DO NOT USE GRENADE TRAPS!

I have not seen a single legitimate kill using these, but I have seen at least a dozen people die from them, including three myself (two my fault, one because I was crawling across and a friendly decided to run across.
                    Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                      The Dirtbikes are not really your friend, and can be more annoying especially if you drive them near where mines are, they are not steady or balanced well and should only be used for extreme circumstances.
                      Why can't the devs fix those damn vehicles? They have been like this since they're in the game and they would be very awesome if they'd work properly.

Give me my Battlefield: Vietnam scooter back!
                      |TG|muttonchops

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
                        Tip: DO NOT USE GRENADE TRAPS!

I have not seen a single legitimate kill using these, but I have seen at least a dozen people die from them, including three myself (two my fault, one because I was crawling across and a friendly decided to run across.
                        Grenade traps are worse as it's harder to see, no matter how many times you type "GRENADE TRAP BEWARE!" to team, no matter how many markers are there. Sorry, but there is one lazy idiot who cant bother to open their map and look at locations with the skull & crossbones. Sometimes I can understand some accidents. Especially if you've hidden the trap well, but other times, man.

On Qwai in 0.8, I placed 4 mines near the south bridge, 2 in the open, 2 in the grass, although the mine marker wasn't exact (I 'wasted' my mine marker and couldn't place another so I had to go commander), it certainly would have told friendlies that mine WERE IN THE AREA.

Firstly, I saw an Icecream truck driving at full speed, and I waited, boom then TK message, I then used Teamchat. I say that there is MINES IN THE GRASS, BE CAREFUL. Another person drives over, and soon, another.

There are some common mistakes, but other times you have to have just come back from the pub (bar whatever you call it), you're blind, or just simply stupid because...

YOU PUT UP A MILLION SIGNS, YOU SAY A MILLION WARNINGS, AND ALL YOU'LL GET IS A MILLION TEAMKILLS.

Well.. that's much better.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sniggedi View Post
                          Why can't the devs fix those damn vehicles? They have been like this since they're in the game and they would be very awesome if they'd work properly.

Give me my Battlefield: Vietnam scooter back!
                          They are overrated, honestly the only player i know who can successfully work a motorbike is namebot, other than that, i stay away.
                          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                          NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Does the insurgent proximity ied only go off if the vehicles goes over it same as a normal mine

And does IED go through walls, I think thats why it ends up blowing up the cache

laying 20 mines off a cache would involve alot of walking back and forth and just like rally point gets discovered, this traffic highlights the location really obviously.

A strategy to use would be not to defend the cache directly, defend the area leading to the cache. Unfortunately this is not likely to happen in a pub game because of the incentive of free ammo, kits and just the ease of defending a room vs a whole area.

However probably the most effective tactic Ive seen used is just forget the whole stealth/search idea and hold a siege on the compound. If you dont hold them off completely, hopefully you get at least 10 tickets of kills in the process

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                              They are overrated, honestly the only player i know who can successfully work a motorbike is namebot, other than that, i stay away.
                              Makavelli was extremely good on those things. Think about the possibilities; awesome IED and molotov assaults are just two things that I can think of now but there are more!

Also, I just got to try the new dirtbikes and they're way easier to steer once you understand that you gotta use the mouse. I think I'll get some training tonight.
                              |TG|muttonchops

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X