Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allahs House. (Mosques)

I just want to be totally clear here.

Its obvious we cant return fire into a mosque as blufor. But how far does that rule go? Is it 100% never fire into the mosque? Maybe, you cant shoot the insurgents inside as they spawn? Being fired at but not shooting back? Ive been RPG spammed from Mosques and asked if that was legal and if I could at least shoot the guy and was told no.

And the Mosque on Fallujuh? It isnt a spawn point but is completely walled in. Could I climb into the minaret on top of the Mosque with a sniper rifle or RPG and, even if Im spotted, be totally free from incoming fire? Can the US enter the compound and come up to try and at least arrest me? Or if I build a hideout inside the compound, can they come in and take it out?

Ive been told yes and Ive been told no by a few people and figured I would try and clear the situation up once and for all.
    sigpic

Re: Allahs House. (Mosques)

Edit: nevermind, gtf away from the mosque.
    Last edited by Waldo_II; 01-27-2009, 11:58 PM.
    Waldo II

Comment

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES can you fire into a mosque. Think real life, in reality soldiers need special confirmation to engage targets inside a mosque. In PR you're request to engage those targets has been denied :).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire14 View Post
        I just want to be totally clear here.

Its obvious we cant return fire into a mosque as blufor. But how far does that rule go? Is it 100% never fire into the mosque? Maybe, you cant shoot the insurgents inside as they spawn? Being fired at but not shooting back? Ive been RPG spammed from Mosques and asked if that was legal and if I could at least shoot the guy and was told no.

And the Mosque on Fallujuh? It isnt a spawn point but is completely walled in. Could I climb into the minaret on top of the Mosque with a sniper rifle or RPG and, even if Im spotted, be totally free from incoming fire? Can the US enter the compound and come up to try and at least arrest me? Or if I build a hideout inside the compound, can they come in and take it out?

Ive been told yes and Ive been told no by a few people and figured I would try and clear the situation up once and for all.

The structure on Fallujah isn't considered a mosque because it is not a spawn point. It's more a palace anyway.

Otherwise, the insurgents cannot be engaged while inside their mosques - period. This is clearly stated in the rules. Their mains are also off-limits (where their vehicles / permanent spawn points are). I don't want to have to draw up a map for every insurgency map.

Go after the caches, not the cheap kills.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
          The structure on Fallujah isn't considered a mosque because it is not a spawn point. It's more a palace anyway.

Otherwise, the insurgents cannot be engaged while inside their mosques - period. This is clearly stated in the rules. Their mains are also off-limits (where their vehicles / permanent spawn points are). I don't want to have to draw up a map for every insurgency map.

Go after the caches, not the cheap kills.
          Ah, I knew about the mosque rule but I didn't know that the Fallujah "mosque" is except of that. Good to know tough, as last night I had 3 insurgents lit me up from the top of the minaret and did nothing, ood thing round was over right after I died.

Speaking of which, good game on Fallujah last night, it was 3x0 US (13x0 after last cache destroyed).
          |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

THAT WAS US KEVLAR! We sat up there and watched you and another squad and figured we were totally safe.

Thats why I wanted to know. Because you can see into the US main, and have a good point of view of the east side of the map. And if it was a mosque the potential to RPG their main or have a sniper in the minaret, with complete immunity, was very tempting. But thanks for clearing that up.
            sigpic

Comment

The other day I was playing as US on one of the new insurgent maps (I can't remember the name but it has a cobra or apache in it.) and the apache lit up one of the minaret towers with a hellfire and it looked almost exactly like this video, felt so real:

I wish I had been recording at the time.

damn...i cant find the video anywhere. I think it was on LiveLeak/Ogrish several years ago.

Comment

I think a cache can appear in that building as well.... Or at least is very tempting to search when the marker shows up close. It didn't even cross my mind when we had two squads raid that building, in search for the cache. Then one squad broke away to search more, as the other was on the mosque roof covering -.-

Comment

Allah's House? I thought you were calling me Allah...I feel so cheated...
                  |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

The only reason insurgents should be shooting americans out of Mosque is if those Americans are passing by, Coalition forces camping a mosque? Seriously, the only thing you'll get recognized as is a camper. and killing of insurgents should only be executed if they are in your line of fire, in the way in other words, or if you need to gather intel. As bmxer pointed out in his 'important things to know' thread.

So an Apache spawns on an Insurgent map now? Is it Karbala?

sigpic

Comment

The mosque on Fallujah isn't a fixed spawn point, so the discussion about that particular one is obsolete, isn't it.

Comment

THAT WAS US KEVLAR! We sat up there and watched you and another squad and figured we were totally safe.

Thats why I wanted to know. Because you can see into the US main, and have a good point of view of the east side of the map. And if it was a mosque the potential to RPG their main or have a sniper in the minaret, with complete immunity, was very tempting. But thanks for clearing that up.
                        YOU B......!

Hehe, just kidding! You pinned us down good there, if the cache didn't get destroyed you'd prolly win by killing my whole squad.
                        |TG-69th|Kevlar

Comment

I actually climbed up into the minaret with an SVD last night and managed to get 3 guys inside their main before they knew where I was. Then they started sending guys to get me and I had to relocate.
                          sigpic

Comment

I actually climbed up into the minaret with an SVD last night and managed to get 3 guys inside their main before they knew where I was. Then they started sending guys to get me and I had to relocate.
                            Bring a sapper with you and you can set up some mad traps in that building. Couple of grenade trip wires and an IED in the main room. Man, I can smell the carnage already...

Comment

lol, that map is awesome... it's mean to the US because of the basecamping and all the streets to mine/trap, but at the same time it's mean to the INS because of the crapload of APCs, etc...

i luvz it!
                              |TG-69th|Kevlar

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X