Taken from the PR 0.85 manual..

Vehicle must-knows
    If the team loses a vehicle it also loses tickets:
    ○ Jeep or truck: 2 tickets
    ○ Transport helicopter: 5 tickets
    ○ APC or recon: 5 tickets
    ○ Tank or IFV: 10 tickets
    ○ Jet or attack helicopter: 10 tickets

In other words... if you don't know what your doing, Don't drive, or fly vehicles. Your not just wasting the asset, but your costing your team a large amount of tickets. I cant count how many times i have seen like 5 transport choppers on a map, with no one getting transported (barracuda about 20 mins into the map) if over this about, 2 hour map, the team looses 1 chopper every 10 mins, that's 70 tickets in assets + however many people died while you were transporting them. A full chopper is 13 tickets lost. Seen a lot of games lost by by 5 - 10 - 20 tickets.. now figure your team lost 100 tickets due to bad usage of assets. There is never any need for using more then 2 transport choppers at 1 time. Also, you should not abandon vehicles, a destroyed jeep / comm truck is 2 tickets each, and no fire bases and transports for your team

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intelligence & weapons caches
    To reveal the approximate location of insurgent weapons caches while playing
    Insurgency intelligence has to be gathered. The following list shows the
    amount of intelligence points (IP) gained or lost due to different actions.

Insurgent killed: 1 IP
    Civilian or insurgent arrested: 7 IP
    Civilian killed (Under penalty conditions): -7 IP
    Insurgent cell leader killed: 7 IP
    Insurgent cell leader arrested: 14 IP

The approximate location of the first cache is shown about 3 minutes into the
    round. Additional locations will be revealed 3 minutes after enough IP were
    gained by the coalition. The second location is revealed when reaching 30 IP.
    The IP necessary to reveal the next cache are increased by 3. The total amount
    of IPs needed to see 10 locations is 324 (30 + 33 + 36 + 39 + 42 + 45 + 48 +
    51). Once all 3 caches in the world are located no IP will be earned until one of
    them is destroyed.

this is really only important because i always find people arguing in my squads how lintel is goatherd.

the other important part is

"Once all 3 caches in the world are located no IP will be earned until one of
    them is destroyed."

this means after all 3 caches are on the map, there is no point in killing insurgents unless they are in your way, seen way too many times where there is a long distance firefight with insurgents and the US team is loosing tickets for no progress on the map. The only way to win is destroy the caches
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Important Things to Know

Unfortunately its going to take a long time for certain players to really recognize these new additions. But I hope that all those fly happy transport chopper pilots who feel they need to fly, especially on qwai will realize that they can't if they are not needed, the best solution to this is to:
    A) get a rifle, and get into the fight.
    B) if you spawn at the main and maybe have just joined the server and there are helo's on the landing pads/carrier, then there might be a reason why they are there, and not in use, simply ask in team chat or get on TS and ask, rather than hopping in a helicopter flying off and getting shot down.......no sense in wasting ten tickets, just because there were helicopters or any armor available that no one was using.......

If there is a need for transport even if there is no CO on duty you will know, but no sense flying around to get shot down and lose tickets for your team.

*It basically boils down to common sense, and thinking as a team player/team member, rather than an individual.

If you are unsure as to what you are check out this thread it might lead you to the correct path, or put you on a new one:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...layer-you.html
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
      *It basically boils down to common sense, and thinking as a team player/team member, rather than an individual.
      I think you'll find that common sense isn't all that common...

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

i like the transport chopper role in PR.
        i found out its best not to just fly around for no reson..
        i wait at the landing pad and i write in team chat "chopper on standby" until im needed.
        this way im ready to respond faster with ammo ready and im not risking the chopper for nothing..

tough landing with a bit of lag.. i guess i lost some tickets here and there..

Comment

I realize it has it's own thread, but I am going to mention it again. Do NOT throw Molotov cocktails near caches if you are insurgent. And try to avoid them if you are in a confined area, we lost two caches in Falujah last night due to some interesting use of the cocktails. They kill insurgent cell leaders due to a bug, so try to at least resemble some sort of intellegence before flinging those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
            Unfortunately its going to take a long time for certain players to really recognize these new additions. But I hope that all those fly happy transport chopper pilots who feel they need to fly, especially on qwai will realize that they can't if they are not needed, the best solution to this is to:
            A) get a rifle, and get into the fight.
            B) if you spawn at the main and maybe have just joined the server and there are helo's on the landing pads/carrier, then there might be a reason why they are there, and not in use, simply ask in team chat or get on TS and ask, rather than hopping in a helicopter flying off and getting shot down.......no sense in wasting ten tickets, just because there were helicopters or any armor available that no one was using.......
            Hate to be the American team on Muttrah, with newbies who don't bother to read the manual.

I have 250-260 ping on the TG server, I've flown enough times to know I'm at risk of lag and crashing. Now that my resolution is 800x600 (hooray!) I don't think I'd lag that much, but I still wouldn't take chances.

Piloting a Helo where the pilot responds in a quarter of a second, and sometimes when it does short freezing, means death.

sigpic

Comment

I noticed on insurgent maps it is not necessarily the purple markers that will turn blue next when the enemy gathers more intel points. A blue marker (visible cache) can sometimes appear on a location without a previous purple marker (not visible cache) instead of appearing on a purple marker that has been there for awhile.
              sigpic
              "Danger could be my middle name, but it's John..." Eddie Izzard

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                I think you'll find that common sense isn't all that common...
                story of my life...

Comment

Its two for one on the Sig Quotes this week Gentlemen!!

Comment

Thread hijack/ How do you get the quote in the sig Pancho, it won't allow the code in mine!? Thread back on/

Comment

You have much to learn young Padawan!!!
                      Mmmmmmmm....

Comment

I like flying the choppers, especially on Muttarah, Barracuda, and Al Jubar. I generally only fly them though if I a) join the round late and there is no chopper squad, b) get in at the beginning of a round and feel like it, c) see that there is a need because there are none in the air and there are no FOB's to be seen.

Getting folks in your chopper is a whole nuther thread, but it stands to reason that bmxer makes some good points: wasting assets is a good way to end the round early, and probably not in your favor.

But nobody that needs to know that is going to read this thread or the manual for that matter. It's the sad truth.

In other words, you're preaching to the choir here bmxer, but amen and hallelujah!

Comment

They are actually jpegs... ;)

Comment

Civ suicide counts as arrest, so the allies get 7 IP if you fall off a building. If drunk dont play civ :p

I feel the cache points should be exponential. If not then the 7 ip for a cell leader kill is way too generous for nothing especially challenging.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by bmxer4l1fe View Post
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              "Once all 3 caches in the world are located no IP will be earned until one of
                              them is destroyed."

this means after all 3 caches are on the map, there is no point in killing insurgents unless they are in your way, seen way too many times where there is a long distance firefight with insurgents and the US team is loosing tickets for no progress on the map. The only way to win is destroy the caches
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Good point. Since it's not common sense to everyone, maybe one of those text messages, similar to the "the enemy have 8 caches left in the area" that flashes in big bright orange letters at the top of the screen could also tell you "We have enough intel" and "We do not have enough intel, proceed kicking ass"

As for me, I'll remember it now I believe.
                              On a side note, I heard someone say you have to pick up an insurgent kit after you've killed or restrained him, is that true? I'm lazy and I could google it (spare me letmegoogle it), I gotta head out and it gives you something to do right?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X