Rubber band lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber band lag

I know the server always gets some lag spikes now and then where rubber banding players back and forth really bad for a minute or two, but 2-3 weeks before .856 came out it has been doing this to me the whole game. Not as bad as the bad spikes but really annoying rubber banding, like when I turn left, all the sudden it rubber bands me back looking straight, then I have to turn left again. Also when Iím in iron sights shooting I get delayed kick, so like I put a round down range my gun kicks up, I wait 3 seconds for it to come down then I shoot again, as soon as I shoot my next round I get the delayed kick from the first round again sending my bullet and screen high in the air. I know some maps use to do this to people but for the past 4-5 weeks it has done this on every map, at every time of the day, with anyone from 10-62 people in the server. I know this is not video lag because I have a really good machine, and I have tried low, medium, high settings with all the same outcome.

I am playing from California with 89 ping, it stays constant but every now and then I see it jump as high as 130. Now when I see my ping spike I donít see other peopleís ping spiking, so it might be my connection to the server. The other day I talked to Namebot and he said he gets the same thing, I notice he has a similar ping to me and might be playing from California also. Also this seems to be happening only on Tactical Gamer, I have played on servers where I have 200 and above ping and it runs smooth. On the servers that run smooth I notice they are not running battle recorder, it could be something with battle recorder is causing the rubber banding.

If anyone is getting this same type of lag all the time(not just for 1-2 minutes) please post your ping and location to see if this is a west coast problem, or if everyone is feeling this. Also if anyone has any network/video fixes for this please share. Thanks

Re: Rubber band lag

yea, my ping used to be around 40 and has since been fairly steady around 57. not a bad ping but still quite a jump.

Comment

My avergae ping is around 180, however it always plays pretty smooth, except for some hitbox issues, but I have learned to compensate for those. But recently I have been getting a lot of rubberbanding. My system is easily able to play PR on full settings so maybe it's a server thing?

Comment

lolwut, my ping is @ 8 and below, suckers!!! haha

;)

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

I'm in SoCal, average ping in the high 80's; had quite a bit of jumping the last couple of weeks.

I have a ton of lag on the new insurgent maps though. A ton of lag. (Faluja and Karbala)

Comment

I'm not getting any lag or FPS drops on my end but it's easy to tell the server is on it's last gear. The lag is typically horrible at the middle or end of a match, the server needs an upgrade as .85 is much more server heavy than .8 was.

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
            In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

What's bugging me is the constant CTD. I load in, CTD, load in again, maybe CTD, maybe finish a round, load the next map and CTD.

This didn't happen right after the release of .85, but it has been happening since last week on all servers.

It sounded like this was happening to several people in the server with one guy saying that he reinstalled PR every time he played. There's got to be a better fix.

Comment

I have an even worse problem, like you and alot of people CTD once in awhile, my computer acctually crashes instead. I load up a map and when I hit the 'Squad assignment' button, I hear a screaming noise (that always makes me jump because it's really loud) then my computer crashes and restarts.

This usually happens after atleast one round have been played and I'm loading a new one on the same server. But it could also be on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th round, it's random. So far I've found no solution to the problem, but there are silly rumors about
                1. having a web browser in the background while playing bf2 seems to cause less CTD
                2. scratchy bf2 disks may cause CTD, I've tried ejecting my CD after loading up and I can play without it.

But I still get crashes :/

Comment

Since 0.85 have been getting a lot of rubber-banding. Ping is still normally 110 but I've seen it spike up to 200 a couple of times in the last few days.

Comment

I got some serious rubber banding last night when i tried to knife a guy on fools road. It looked like i was at 2 frames a second. And my stupid sister uses MSN VOIP now and it kills my internet, makes my ping go up into the 800's! Good thing i have the QOS system in my router to make my computer have priority over the internet! Muhahahaha!
                    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Tues 27/01/09 several rounds of rubber banding. Not lagging to bad on any specific map but my ping has increased or at least fluctuates more than it did. The rubber banding does seem to be getting more frequent and in a couple of spells it made one or two maps briefly unplayable for me. Usual rubber band antics, scoping in and bouncing out with incomplete graphics, i.e. square black box with tunnel vision, constantly standing up when trying to lay prone etc. Kept standing up in a particularly hellish firefight which must of looked quite amusing to the other team.

No idea what the problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by =KOF=CR8Z View Post
                        What's bugging me is the constant CTD. I load in, CTD, load in again, maybe CTD, maybe finish a round, load the next map and CTD.

This didn't happen right after the release of .85, but it has been happening since last week on all servers.

It sounded like this was happening to several people in the server with one guy saying that he reinstalled PR every time he played. There's got to be a better fix.
                        Read the last section of the first post:

v0.856 FAQs

The new executable fixed it for me.

|
                        |

Comment

Reinstalling everytime you play wow. My Dad and I are planning this weekend (maybe some more time) to clean the computer, restart the operating system, basically wipe everything then bring all the executable files I want.

I don't use my computer for anything else other than games so I think it's a good idea.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by A_Grounded_Pilot View Post
                            The new executable fixed it for me.
                            Doesn't this get you kicked by PB for MD5 checks? I modified the *.exe a while back to support > 2gb of memory, and PB would get me every time. Maybe the smart developers did it differently than myself...

I'll so try it out... When I am back playing PR.

Comment

I used it last night, not sure if its helped or not yet but it hasnt got me kicked

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X