Enemy HAT kits: What not to do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemy HAT kits: What not to do

There is a tactic that is being used more and more frequently on our server involving enemy H-AT kits and I think it is high time it stopped.

This is what is happening:

1) Team A kills a H-AT equipped soldier on Team B.
    2) Team A recovers this kit
    3) Team A then returns to their main with the recovered kit
    4) The CO of Team A leaves his command post and takes possession of the H-AT kit
    5) The CO of Team A returns to his CO post in possession of the H-AT kit

This, in my opinion, violates a couple of principles of the Primer and abuses our rules.

Why?

First, you are abusing the kit allocation system coded into PR by denying the enemy team access to one of their more valuable kits. While their H-AT kit remains "alive" in the game, it will not respawn.

Secondly, it is an abuse of TG's rules regarding baserape, as the kit cannot be put back "into play" without killing the CO in his command post. Actually, since most "mains" now have a Dome of Death surrounding them for the OpFor, the enemy team can't even attempt to violate the server rules to retrieve their H-AT kit.

I want this to stop.

Players caught using this tactic will be subject to action from the admins.

From the Primer:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine, regardless of the level of advantage, if any, it gives over the opposing team.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Re: Enemy HAT kits: What not to do

Good addition to the rules, good work Admins

Comment

Thanks for pointing that out. I never thought of it that way.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Really people are doing this, of all the cheap lame things. Come on if you know its wrong don't do it, admins shouldn't have to make a rule for every little thing. Isn't there a gentlemens agreement somewhere?

Comment

Is it not realistic for Team A to recover enemy heavy weaponry and either A, destroy it, or B, send it back to HQ? Thus, would giving it to the commander be simulative?

Comment

google most of the time you would just leave enemy weaponry or call in the guys that blow stuff up (don't know what they are called in English). You generally keep your hands away from equipment that you are not trained to use. I would say that it isn't realistic and they would usually have more AT weapons at something like a forward support area or the likes.

I have been thinking about this too if it was legal thanks for clearing it up. I assume that it is still allowed to pick up an enemy HAT kit and use it even though this is unrealistic? I wish that it was possible to make kits on the ground faction specific.
            If people are becoming so bored when playing that they have to resort to this immature behaviour I will give them something to do, call it a project. The project is "appeal a ban". - Wicks

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
              Is it not realistic for Team A to recover enemy heavy weaponry and either A, destroy it, or B, send it back to HQ? Thus, would giving it to the commander be simulative?
              Did you read the part of the primer I quoted?

It's cheap, lame-ass crap and I want it stopped. You are abusing the code in the game and also hiding behind our rules. I guarantee that if the CO holding the kit in their CP post were killed with C4 to recover the kit, the team would be crying and moaning about baserape. The rules work both ways, not just one.

Hope that makes it clear.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

As a tester, I still have not confirmed this, but something tells me that the DEVs have added something to make it so doing this with the CO isn't possible. Yesterday on Muttrah (what this thread is probably sparked by), Bullseye as US CO had the enemy H-AT kit and was approaching his CP, and he instantly died. (Nothing against Bullseye here, there was a lot of crap going on during that round anyways) Like I said, I'm not entirely sure if this is a feature and not something that just occured player-wise, I'll have to go find that out.

| |

Comment

Doesn't the CO need an Officer kit to enter his trailer and perform his CO duties? Or was this changed?
                  |TG-6th|Belhade
                  "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

As Katanama, I assume it is still possible to 'steal' an enemy HAT kit and use it in general gameplay (e.g. in an infantry squad out and about the map); turning the enemys' own weapon upon their hands, as it were. But also allowing it to be re-capturable.

And assume this rule is specific about returning it to main. Quite simply, not fair play and using a protection zone instead of allowing the opponents to recover such a valuable asset. Which is a poor trick, un-gamesman, and unsportsman in conduct.

Comment

I've seen times when players without the officers kit can sit in the CO post, and other times they die. I'm not sure if it's a glitch or not, but I also believe the Rebel faction doesn't need a SL kit at all to sit in the CO post (unless they changed it from 0.8).

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by google View Post
                        No because the limit of 2 kits is there for gameplay reasons not tactical limitations, they would receive replacements otherwise

I'd say the problem is that co can enter the command trailer without an officer kit, I thought it used to kill for that reason

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
                          As a tester, I still have not confirmed this, but something tells me that the DEVs have added something to make it so doing this with the CO isn't possible. Yesterday on Muttrah (what this thread is probably sparked by), Bullseye as US CO had the enemy H-AT kit and was approaching his CP, and he instantly died. (Nothing against Bullseye here, there was a lot of crap going on during that round anyways) Like I said, I'm not entirely sure if this is a feature and not something that just occured player-wise, I'll have to go find that out.
                          Marine got it, you get instantly killed if you go with an enemy kit near the command post, so there is no new rule about it.

you can command with every kit from your side.

| | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye2550 View Post
                            Marine got it, you get instantly killed if you go with an enemy kit near the command post, so there is no new rule about it.

you can command with every kit from your side.
                            I guess there won't be any problems with this then!

I didn't join a squad once and this guy named Nardini took me into the back room and beat me with a sock of oranges.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye2550 View Post
                              Does the Dome of Death then trigger off kit-faction rather than player faction? If so, that's a fairly elegant solution.
                              I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X