PR 0.85 - First Impressions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR 0.85 - First Impressions

It's been 10 days since PR 0.85 came out and I am curious as to how everyone feels about it. Let's get some discussion going. Note: This isn't a bug reporting thread or even a real dev feedback thread, just a place to hype up the features you've enjoyed, or the changes you don't like.

For myself, I'm enjoying every one of the maps, I think its the strongest map list we've ever had for PR. Operation Archer Redux is my personal favourite, and it has me practically drooling in anticipation of the eventual inclusion of the Canadian Forces. The new M4 / M16 3D aimpoint is truly a marvel and the sounds on the weapon are even cooler than before.

For dislikes, I have to say (and please don't everyone hate me) that I'm not a huge fan of the Russian Faction. Don't get me wrong, they look great and kudos go out to all the R-CONs and DEV's who put their work into that. Its just not my cup of tea. Also, certain vehicle physics had supposedly been tweaked to improve handling, but in the case of the Huey, I find that its even more unstable that before, and climbs even slower than it did before.

Last but not least... I miss the Spec Ops just a lil'bit. But it was a good while it lasted. A toast, to our M4A1 toting, Silenced Pistol packing, SLAM smacking friend... Here's to you Spec Ops Soldier, where-ever you are, we'll miss you. ;)

Re: PR 0.85 - First Impressions

It's a great version, the sounds of APCs and the weapons seem much more fierce and strong, and scary! I can kill people now. I too do sort of dislike Russian faction. I don't really like the AK-74M standard Russian rifle. It seems closest to 0.8 deviation. The Russians are quite easy to beat on Kozelsk, first round up, we lost about 3 or 4 vehicles to Field guns.

The insurgents I think now, are the best change, the AK-47 looks way cooler, and all the new weapons are awesome, especially the AK-74U. Also grenade traps are quite the awesome tool, but I find that it claims more lives of clumsy or lazy friendlies, rather than enemies.

I haven't played much though because of these stupid technical issues. Haven't gotten to experience most of the old maps. Which I want now.

sigpic

Comment

I specialy like the Flag change up on maps, it changes the dinamic every time so you dont get bored with the maps as fast.

I dont like how how the APC are still being used like mini tanks speclay cause now we got less transport vehicles.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Comment

I'm loving it! The maps feels fresh again and the improvements on the weapons are great. I disliked that you couldn't see which way you were facing on the map but I've gotten used to that now. And yeah, the huey doesn't climb as fast as before but it is much faster now i feel, almost hard to get it to slow down when landing. Also, the new crates are much stronger now so you can drop them at a higher altitude, 40m is not a problem, I guess you can go even higher than that.
        sigpic
        "Danger could be my middle name, but it's John..." Eddie Izzard

Comment

I'm loving it! 0.8 disappointed me and I stopped playing for a while but 0.85 made a comeback and I'm back in the game.
          The weapon sounds, particularly the M4, are beautiful, the new maps, particularly Kozelsk, are wonderful, the APC mechanized infantry concept is well thought out in unison with the new sexy logistics trucks, and I can create BaseJumping squads on Archer.

There are only 2 things that I can think of right now that I don't particularly like. The first is the insane respawn time for Collaborators; I understand the reason for it, I just don't like it. The second is the player limit on Training servers. While this hasn't affected me yet, it's really just a bad way of preventing people from joining Training servers all the time. If this limit were in place last summer my Battle of Kashan video could never have been made. It's a trivial little thing but still....

Comment

The thing I hate most is the way in people walk, I think it needs to be a medium walk but increase the Sprint bar massivly, although only to a jog. And the 3D aimpoints get on my nerves.

Comment

My biggest peeve is the new rules that allow blufor forces to kill civilians without remorse. You can actually run them over without being punished, and using the medic bag makes you a target. Bye bye army engagement rules. At least the Germans didn't shoot American medics in WW2. (and vice-versa)
              The beatings will continue untill morale improves.

Comment

Loving the sounds and Insurgents maps more than ever, disliking the Russian maps, to be honest they are just plain boring and are nothing special. I'm just a fan of city and desert maps though lo.

I like how they improved the aim point, I never used to choose it because it sucked and there was the ACOG but now I find my self choosing it constantly, it's fantastic. Insurgent maps are more intense than they used to be, especially fallujah and Basra.

It's just a lot more scissor paper stones so there is always something that will pwn you and always something that you can pwn, and it works. Korangal is alot better now, especially getting overrun at outpost, there's nothing there to defend but you still defend it as the taliban ropes come flying over the sides.

Comment

The maps are great.

The M4 is really a good weapon now. I really like the M4 sound.

I am somewhat disappointed in the way the lack of vehicles on some of the maps has limited transport. I understand that it is due to players continuing to play the way they did in the last version - not thinking about what a vehicle loss would do to the long term mobility of the team and the point loss now associated with the vehicle loss.

I think players need to think more about using and losing vehicles now. Hiking across Kashan or any other open desert with an infantry squad is really not fun more than once per game.
                  sigpic

Comment

Dislikes:

no 1 shot headshot anymore

civi's are more enemy friendly even though something was suppose to be implimated to make people look before firing.

(not a bad point) sometimes the random flags matches spawn flags all close to a main base, making it really hard for the other team to get a chance at capping them.

picking up enemy inf armour is both good and bad, not sure which I prefer.

With less transport for the team and APC's still being "light tanks" and not troop transport it makes it hard for the team to get around, but no idea how to fix this.
                    |Drewb

Comment

The sounds are amazing! And I can hit stuff with the guns again...and for the first time ever with the insurgent weapons. I have pretty much shot all of these weapons in real life and they look and shoot like the real thing (what is especially cool is the absolute co-witness with the iron sights and aimpoint) . I am very impressed. Oh and the new maps have put new life into the mod.
                      submit7

Comment

Huey couldnt have got any more unstable, even the old rabid blackhawk handling was better. It doesnt get stuck in a death dive now so anything else is gravy
                        I want it to have m134 too

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

I actually like the aircraft handling. It keeps the women and children out of the pilot's seat.

Actually, no it doesn't. But I wish it did.

Comment

Aircraft handling is a bit eh for certain helicopters, but everything else feels flawless to me.
                            ArPeeGee

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post
                              Dislikes:

With less transport for the team and APC's still being "light tanks" and not troop transport it makes it hard for the team to get around, but no idea how to fix this.
                              As usual I love PR and still think its the best game around. I agree about the APC's and I think they are now so critical that if used incorrecly it can make your team lose the battle, personally i think that APC's used as light armour should be a reportable offence and part of the TG SOP, but thats an admins call.

The only other thing i really really miss is the direction markers on the map.
                              |TG-Irr| Aus-trooper

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X