Logistics Trucks and Terrain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logistics Trucks and Terrain

Anyone know how to get the Logi truck out from a dip in the terrain? A lot of the maps have these bowls in the mountains. They're pretty big, and people like building in them, so they take the logi truck and do their thang. Unfortunately, whenever I come a long to retrieve the truck, iI can't get it out. It's not "stuck" in a ditch or anything. But the truck just doesn't have the power to lift itself out from dip in the terrain. I've encountered this many times on desert maps. I've tried backing out, driving sideways, using the opposing hill to get speed, spins, honking the horn, hell...I've even tried getting a HMVWW to help out by pushing. Let's just say that ended horribly.

So what I am asking you, oh wise PR players, is whether or not their is some sort of trick to escaping mother nature's natural barriers in the terrain. Or is it something I have to live with until a new PR is released?

Re: Logistics Trucks and Terrain

Well euuhh i don't know of any tactic to get those trucks out. Dev's can maybe in the future add some winches to the humvees.

Comment

To push a truck out of a ditch, you need something heavier than a hmvww, like another truck or an apc. The best would be a tank. Problem is though, you run a high risk of getting the other veichle stuck in the same ditch. I've managed to get an APC unstuck from an evil ditch in Fallujah with a truck.

I think Trucks and Terrain is one of the new featured hidden skills in PR. All you can do is practise!

Comment

Herlin's right. Pushing is basically the only way to get them back to work, but be advised it really happens that both vehicles end up in the ditch.
        |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

Avoid the ditch in the first place?

Pushing with another vehicle can end badly...

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Reverse the truck to the edge of the slope and drop the crates out the back and watch them slide down while leaving the truck at the top.
            Crates float now too and can be dropped from helis high up

Otherwise try deploying the repair station for a possible short bump forwards

Ask the devs to give them turbo

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

The laws of physics suggest that a vehicle must have a higher mass to push something from 0m/s. So any APC/IFV/Tank will do the job, just make sure they have the power to get out of the ditch

Comment

BF2 operates outside the laws of physics usually :icon_lol:

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

It's not so easy to avoid those ditches, sometimes you gotta go off road, and the ditches aren't marked on the map. And as for laws of physics, it's the force worked by the truck and its mass that counts, so if you accelerate, you can move a heavier veichle.

Comment

try pushing the "W" key extra hard.

:P
                    Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

There is a message when loading a map that warns of trucks getting stuck in terrain. That bit shouldn't be fixed, just accept that that trucks get stuck once in a while.

Hopefully players will eventually learn to let the crates slide down the slope while keeping the truck out of the bowl.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I guess the best way is to just not get in the situation in the first place.

Comment

This could be another attempt to realise more supplies lines and logistics issues in PR. In reality, trucks stay on the road or risk getting bogged down. With little climbing power, it's the same in-game.
                          | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                          Charge for the guns' he said:
                          Into the valley of Death
                            Rode the six hundred.

Comment

I got an LAV stuck in the drainage ditches in Fallujah once, and we used a bradley to push it out. Unforunately, the bradley got stuck in the ditch afterwards. Eventually both vehicles were freed thanks to some tactical ramming.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                              Pushing with another vehicle can end badly...
                              Sounds like someone is speaking from experience!!

The real solution is to open a local server, jump in a truck and explore the maps..
                              See where you can and cannot go.. Figure out the secret path to the top of that Hill that will allow you to build a FB and control the entire area!!

Explore..
                              Then one day you can tell the Commander...
                              "Hey I can get us a FB there.."
                              "You cant drive a Truck up there!!"
                              "Watch ME"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse