Late night quality?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late night quality?

I mean no disrespect, but has anyone else noticed a severe drop off in communal gameplay and teamwork come late at night?

Tonight was seriously ridiculous, I saw some horrific gameplay by both sides, I played and kept playing, because I had to see it turn around.

It's amazing watching half the team you just crushed switch sides, and then, when they get defeated (because zerging a point doesn't usually earn a victory) they just switch right back.

Was very frustrating tonight, watching 6 friendly squads attack a point that was virtually uncappable, and have people tell me "If you are not the commander, 'shut up' " when I was literally begging for back up for my squad trying to hold a single point that was not yet taken by 2-3 squads.

Not surprisingly - no one showed up, we lost the point and right after our final point thereby losing the game. Remarkably those people telling me to shut up had left the server, but woah.

It's not really the timezone I play on, and I noticed Tman jumped on later on, but... maybe the server needs more european admins on?

one or two more or something, because this is just a trend i've noticed. Come say.. 1-2 AM Cnt, despite the server being full, it gets ridiculous.

I mean the behaivor that isn't tolerated during the day flies off on every wall at night.

Perhaps its a good thing, trying to moderate my play time, and force me to be reasonable, but damnit! i dont have to be reasonable, i can play when i want! =)
    ? is around the corner.
    ? did that come from.
    ? killed me.
    ? Who, What, Where. All the time.
    The Question Mark.

Re: Late night quality?

There is a general lack of IHS players on what is normally early morning or middle of the night USA time, for obvious reasons. As I am in Germany, that is morning or afternoon for me. I usually get home about 11am USA Eastern Time and check out the server and then stay on until about 5-7 USA Eastern Time.

As for game play quality, well that is something an admin can't do much about other than to monitor locked 1 man squads and other non-TG like behavior. Team switching is also something we cannot really do anything about, as it is almost impossible to monitor. I hate to say, but recently I have also stopped playing altogether sometimes due to the lack of team play during some Euro hours of afternoon and early evening.

The commander comment is somewhat true - if you want to take care of a team wide issue, go commander. At that point, an admin can back you up better to remove people that fail to follow orders and play according to TG rules of operation. Without that, individual SLs are pretty much free to do as they please (that is my opinion) so long as they aren't base raping, team killing or doing something that is obviously something an admin can do something about.

If I am around and on duty, I am happy to help if I can. I will also urge, suggest, prod the server to play "team like", but again, there is nothing an admin can do from BF2CC console to see everything and monitor behavior that is just not good leadership or good team play.

It would be nice if everyone would "get it" but unfortunatly, there are some out there that think PR is just BF2 - mostly during the hours you mention.

TMAN
    sigpic

Comment

exakter,

Take screenshots of the players and PM an admin, and i can bet the next time the player(s) try to pull a "fast one" at the end or beginning of a round they won't even be able to click the flag of the opposite team before they have a little sense knocked into them.

If you notice people cussing/tking etc....don't forget to !REPORT it in game because an admin might not be on then, but they will check the bf2cc logs, and it can help the next time the trouble maker makes an appearance.

And like T-Man said going CO does help to put some order into the team.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I second that the lack of quality late last night. I saw a squad leader TK someone over a humvee and many guys just giving away tickets by driving vehicles straight into hell with no gunners.....simply to get into the action.

Haha is it possible for PR to implement some kinda mandatory training sorta like America's Army? I think new people to the game simply dont understand the goal is objectives...not simply to raise your kill count while not also understanding the value of losing vehicles.

Comment

Delta and TMAN make excellent suggestions.

Remember there are many regulars, european players and Aussies/Kiwis that play in those hours, when they have time. Hook up with them. There is a community of players in those hours ready to back you and the TG server, up.

Contribute as you have been doing. Those kind of people are dross. In the overall scheme of things they will come and go, but they will go. It is your kind of community spirited contrubution that TG wants. That makes TG. That is what it stands for.

As for Admins: Admins do a great job and a couple of euopeans were added not so long ago; I am sure they will review this situation when they feel the time is right, as they have prooved to have a temper and tempo beyond most games or communities in wisdom.

Keep with it :)

Comment

4pm EST server picks up, stays full until the west coast goes to bed...3-4am EST. Then all of the really bad players seem to fester. No disrespect to the European players that I've met, but most of the ones I play with around 3am royally SUCK. (A perfect reminder that it is time to go to bed.) I don't even know what country they are from...they just talk funny and suck at teamwork and pretty much every other aspect of this game. Half of them don't even talk (or type) which makes me think they are piece of crap gold farmers taking a break from WoW. They could be bots for all I know, put on the server by Apophis, to trick people into thinking the server is populated :)
            |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Unfortunately, we can't guarantee admin coverage 24/7, and I know this isn't the point of the thread.

The solution? If someone is flagrantly breaking our rules, take screenshots, write down names, maybe even go as far as to download the BR file. Send the names and evidence to the admins via the Contact an Admin forum (preferably) or you could PM one of us. The trash will be taken out.

Please remember that, even if we get rid of a couple of the bad apples, there is no guarantee *ever* of quality teamwork. It is a conscious effort of the players on the server at any time of day to make it happen.

It's not the server, it's the players.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

fair enough, thanks for the responses.

And yes, Tman on average I would agree that it IS annoying to be told to do something, especially when you are already doing something valuable. (Happens to me a lot because I run my squads and target objectives a little strange compared to most).

But, when there are 6 squads doing the same thing and all dying, its a waste of resources. Plus, my buddy Pyro jumped on Commander to try and sort things out, it was still hectic.

TBH I think the largest problem was something warehouse hinted on, they don't speak english I believe. I always make sure my squad speaks english, or at least understands it.

And I realise 24/7 moderation is almost impossible, and it is more of a community issue. I've also noticed some good Brits/Anzacs at various times. Just depends on the activity of other servers.

Prior to .85, our server had a lot of better players late at night. Now that .85 is out, not so much.. I believe its a result of the popularity of the game going up, and have other european/pacific servers up, and having TG become a third rate server late at night, while the pro's head elsewhere.

I may be wrong though, and tbh I wouldn't blame them. I go where my lag is the steadiest.

I could point out any number of times... like last night, where my squad won single handedly on muttrah by building a firebase on the docks - and shooting something like 8 helicopters and destroying 4 or so APCS. We didn't lose a man I believe, but we only won because the other side was so terrible.

Then, later on Qwai, our entire team was over the river - and none were guarding our objectives on our side. So despite the fact that Pyro and myself destroyed 2 tanks, 3 apcs, and a jeep and two trucks, we still lost simply because we had no actual fighting going on between infantry.

So we had a lead of 40-10 or something and lost via flag capture - which TBH is rare on most maps - they just turn into team deathmatch around certain points. (no complaints about that)

If you are Euro, and see me up late at night, join in. I usually run a pretty good squad, even when exhausted.
                ? is around the corner.
                ? did that come from.
                ? killed me.
                ? Who, What, Where. All the time.
                The Question Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                  4pm EST server picks up, stays full until the west coast goes to bed...3-4am EST. Then all of the really bad players seem to fester. No disrespect to the European players that I've met, but most of the ones I play with around 3am royally SUCK. (A perfect reminder that it is time to go to bed.) I don't even know what country they are from...they just talk funny and suck at teamwork and pretty much every other aspect of this game. Half of them don't even talk (or type) which makes me think they are piece of crap gold farmers taking a break from WoW. They could be bots for all I know, put on the server by Apophis, to trick people into thinking the server is populated :)
                  You sure its Europeans you are playing with ? Gmt/Gmt+1 3 am is about 22 EST. So when you have 3am est in europe it is like 6-7 in the mornin o.O. OUch that made my brain hurt, its almost 2am here :p . Eggs and PR for breakfest ??
                  I dont know who you play with at 3am in the morning, but my money is on them Asians taking revenge for the ipod assaulting their gadget industry.

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
                  Unfortunately, we can't guarantee admin coverage 24/7, and I know this isn't the point of the thread.

The solution? If someone is flagrantly breaking our rules, take screenshots, write down names, maybe even go as far as to download the BR file. Send the names and evidence to the admins via the Contact an Admin forum (preferably) or you could PM one of us. The trash will be taken out.

Please remember that, even if we get rid of a couple of the bad apples, there is no guarantee *ever* of quality teamwork. It is a conscious effort of the players on the server at any time of day to make it happen.

It's not the server, it's the players.

You will just have to form a PR UNO and learn to live and share with players from other time zones ;) (get some members from GMTs outside the US in the adminpool).

Comment

oh my bad, I think I might have stereotyped the wrong guys, it probably is late night Asia that is coming on the server about that time. Maybe I can learn some Chinese or Korean from them.

(My apologies to all of Europe.)
                    |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Yah I was kind of surprised you did confuse the 2, seen as during the times where you said teamplay is great we have some Euopeans on zhe server, like Makkavelli with his eastern block accent and my Italian (German ??) accent. But I guess being east coast ure used to Americans with accents. Is it true Italo Americans still have their accent ?

Comment

Its all wreckingcrews fault.

He seems to like the server like that. Makes it easier to steamroll the enemys.

In all seriousness. Some times you just got to do the best "you" can do. Do what I do sometimes. Pretend that there are no other squads on the map. Play like that when there seems to be a lack of teamwork. The at least you can focus on your squad and help the other 5 men have fun.
                        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I started up on Muttrah on MEC last night and created a logistics squad with one other guy at the beginning of the game. I set out a plan for each of us distributing crates to each flag as quickly and efficiently as possible yet after about ten minutes only one squad had made it to the docks and the rest were still having tea parties in the main. My squadmate and I tried to pick someone up in one of our logistics trucks so that maybe we could cap East City and West City alone but nobody got in so at that point we brought our trucks back to main and quit. 15 minutes after the map started the outcome had already been determined, especially after a round of Jabal that would have been over before you had come back from the bathroom in between rounds.

Comment

I know euro daytime gaming (US night time) can be hard so i feel your pain mate.

There are usually other teamwork players on so try to get together and have fun. Some simple tips. Jumping on TS and try to hook up. Or look for other regulars on the server and join them. Or try making obvious squad names called Teamwork and type it out in chat so people can join. And be patient, you may be facing both a language barrier and people that don't know much about teamwork play. It takes time to learn, remember that.

And most importantly if you can somehow inspire other "regulars" in that timezone fun teamwork, they might just come back in search of that and that makes the server better next time you are on! And get them to check out the forums as well, that can create a bond too.

Comment

I agree that the quality of teamwork during European hours is usually terrible. There 's only a handful of good players who try to get some strategy going but it doesn't even come near the quality of US gaming hours.

Something I noticed is that other, European servers often have better teamwork than the TG server during European hours. I guess there 's still a lot of good European players that don't know about TG or don't want to play there for the reasons mentioned above.

Fortunately, I barely get to play on weekdays so I usually end up playing friday/saturday night when most of the IHS are on.
                              Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X