Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headphones

Hi guys,

Recently i've noticed that other players can't hear me very well.I'm not sure whats the problem, i've tried many times but my output volume as said is still low.
    I use pretty decent Logitech Digital Precision PC Gaming headset bought not so long ago.

The thing is i use alot of software for recording sound that i later on put on my iPod for school, and headphones record perfectly, you can hear every single breath i take on normal sound input control.

I've tried to tweaked it in ingame settings as well as in the c/ProgramsAndSettings/EA/Bf2 voip setup and in normal windows sound control.

No luck so far and i know its annoying when you can't hear your squadmate and it decreases your squads awareness when always saying enemies 210, 20 feets and squadmates are like :''what did you say, can't hear you very well ?'' and the next thing you know is that they are dead.

any suggestions ? I have sorted 90 % of my ctd's, punkbuster problems and lag and so on and now this, please help :]

take care

Re: Headphones

Originally posted by orpal View Post
    Hi guys,

Recently i've noticed that other players can't hear me very well.I'm not sure whats the problem, i've tried many times but my output volume as said is still low.
    I use pretty decent Logitech Digital Precision PC Gaming headset bought not so long ago.

The thing is i use alot of software for recording sound that i later on put on my iPod for school, and headphones record perfectly, you can hear every single breath i take on normal sound input control.

I've tried to tweaked it in ingame settings as well as in the c/ProgramsAndSettings/EA/Bf2 voip setup and in normal windows sound control.

No luck so far and i know its annoying when you can't hear your squadmate and it decreases your squads awareness when always saying enemies 210, 20 feets and squadmates are like :''what did you say, can't hear you very well ?'' and the next thing you know is that they are dead.

any suggestions ? I have sorted 90 % of my ctd's, punkbuster problems and lag and so on and now this, please help :]

take care
    I'd also be interested in a solution. Mine is a bit quiet, and I have every setting I can think of maxed.

Comment

Mic boost.

click on the sound icon on the icon tray, properties, advanced, +20db Mic Boost.

Sound quality goes to the dumps, but you can be heard much better. If that is too loud, you can adjust the mic volume sliders.
      Waldo II

Comment

Originally posted by Waldo_II View Post
        Mic boost.

click on the sound icon on the icon tray, properties, advanced, +20db Mic Boost.

Sound quality goes to the dumps, but you can be heard much better. If that is too loud, you can adjust the mic volume sliders.
        I do have all maxed out, still poor performance on PR.

My headphones are usb based so computer recognize them as its own sound card, may that be the problem ?
        and should i reinstall its drivers ?

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826106810

$2.00

pm me if u need a loan :)
          |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

LOL warehouse,
            you just crushed my 60 euros worth headphones that should be ''professional''.
            Now, i don't really like to lean infront of the mic and talk, its much more comfortable to have headset, but yea thats my plan b.

Comment

see if there are new drivers for your headphones, that sorted my problem out.

Comment

On the off chance that you or anyone reading this has realtek onboard sound:

Originally posted by NerdyDodge View Post
                Hey Red, can't help you with your first issue but I too was hit by the accursed Realtek onboard sound. The internet gave me this solution, which worked like a charm:

http://torley.com/how-to-boost-the-m...ek-audio-codec

Turns out that by default, the sound manager only gives your microphone a minimal volume, instructions to boost it worked fine.
                | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                Charge for the guns' he said:
                Into the valley of Death
                  Rode the six hundred.

Comment

Originally posted by orpal View Post
                  Now, i don't really like to lean infront of the mic and talk, its much more comfortable to have headset, but yea thats my plan b.
                  Just do what I do and yell. (I swear it's the mic, lol)
                  |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

I have realtek onboard and use the 360 controller headset for a microphone, works just about

i don't really like to lean infront of the mic and talk, its much more comfortable to have headset, but yea thats my plan b.
                    Duct tape the microphone stick to your monitor so its at head height and it should be close enough like a headset mic is. A document holder works too

Max out the volume on every control you can find btw

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
                      360 controller headset
                      You poor, poor man.

Comment

i used to have usb headphones and they used to suck with bf2, then i bought others with rca cable, but in a burst of fury i broke them (violence and technology dosnt go well).

So, now i have some cool 3D headphones, and a normal desktop microphone.

http://www.zalmar.com/detail-Audio-H...MDR_DS1000.htm

So if your mic volume sucks it might be the usb... so buy a piece of **** desktop mic for $5 and thats it... problem solved!!!

Comment

Sometimes I find that people can't hear me either. This is because my mic input is really lose, so unless I keep it at a specific angle the mic input won't make it to the sound board. Rather frustrating, suppose I should get a new sound board or something, or even better, a new desktop.

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

'Not How Many But Where'

Comment

You can also buy an external usb stick sound card. I have one from Creative with x-fi, works really well with my headset.

Comment

Ok i did all mentioned above

1.) reinstalling my headphones driver
                              2.)all maxed out
                              3.) New relatek sound driver

hope it works going to test it tonight.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse