X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assets are not your 1 man Taxi

Asset Translation = Something or someone of any value

Transport assests:

So why is it on so many of the new map's, TG players, and new players are useing these assets as their one man Taxis, the covered trucks have 2 supply crates, these trucks can be Crucial factor for the team victory.

If there is a Logistics Sqaud on your team, Use them, let them do the job they have comitted themselves for, transporting troops, and resupply, but remember if they are unable to comply to an order, think about the truck you used to get from one point to the other, and then left it for the enermy to destroy.

SL "Sorry NO suitable transport available" Oh crap! we are going to loose our tanks.....SORRY!

Remember think ahead for the Team, don't just think cause there are a few trucks at the friendly base I will use one of them, and dump it when I finnish.

I leant a valuable lesson in life, If your not sure ask the boss, in PR thats your Sqaud Leader/Commander.

QUOTE! http://www.realitymod.com/guide/Main

Logistics Trucks
    Team asset used for bringing supplies and repairs to the frontlines.
    Unarmed and not armored, very vulnerable to ambushes.
    Can drop 2 supply crates by pressing the alternate fire button (default: right mouse click). You can rearm the supply crates at the Command Post.
    The supply crates dropped from trucks are required in order to place all Commander Assets.

Can drop a repair station by pressing the flare button (default: X). This repair station can repair a vehicle to full strength but takes a long time. The truck has an unlimited amount of repair stations that it can deploy, but only one can be active in the world at a time.

NOT YOUR TAXI
    sigpic
    "Volatilis Quod Mactabilis"

Re: Assets are not your 1 man Taxi

Thanks fer the post. I've seen vanilla noobs argue the point of named squads and 1 manning vehicles.

Didn't know about the repair station for the command truck. Thanks fer pointing that out!

Comment

Ya I have been seeing this a lot as well. Last night on Falluja my squad come across countless Humvees and Trucks just abandoned unharmed in the city. At one point when one of our squad members left and a new guy joined he grabbed a humvee and used it as a taxi to get to us....bailing when he got to us. So we had to change plans and incorperate the humvee in them.

Comment

I think Squad Leaders can help with this situation, after all they have to be in a squad rite?
        sigpic

Comment

Completely agree.

Had one game where a guy joined my squad and before I knew it he was driving from main to my squad in a Logistics truck as a taxi with a sniper kit and blown up halfway...

Last game I played I created a Logistics squad on Baracuda with the intent of dropping boxes all over the island before the US could get a foothold. Not a chance: instead of spawning on docks, one squad took a logistics and transport truck from main to docks and left them there. The other squads took just one truck but leaving me with none at all. I could not even take a buggy to switch it with an abandoned truck. So the logistics squad (just me at the time) was stranded at main with no transport at all.
          To be honest I took the game a whole less serious after that and spend 10 minutes trying to get the boat down the three waterfalls, and failed.

Usually I avoid taking trucks in my infantry squads and let a logistics squad take care of supply. If none is created it just makes things easier as I don't need to worry about SMs screwing around with special kits.

Comment

People have to start thinking, on many many maps I have walked round a corner and found maybe 2 trucks, a Hummer and some crates. We kill those, and there are a nice big handfull of tickets. Thats why some rounds go so fast these days, people are stupid with assets = fail.

Comment

Nothing is going to change while One Manning Assets is not considered an offense by |TG| admins. The only thing you can do about this is going CO or SL (if this person is in your squad) and attempt to get them warned/kicked/banned by reporting them for disobeying CO/SL orders.

TBH I think/hope that most of the people that do currently one man assets are not |TG| regulars and thus are more then unlikely to ever read such a thread and therefore continue to go off using log trucks as their vehicles of choice.
              sigpic
              Pride/Shame of the PLA

Comment

Originally posted by commie2008 View Post
                Nothing is going to change while One Manning Assets is not considered an offense by |TG| admins. The only thing you can do about this is going CO or SL (if this person is in your squad) and attempt to get them warned/kicked/banned by reporting them for disobeying CO/SL orders.

TBH I think/hope that most of the people that do currently one man assets are not |TG| regulars and thus are more then unlikely to ever read such a thread and therefore continue to go off using log trucks as their vehicles of choice.

Sir you are wrong, with my own eyes I have seen a few |TG| regulars doing this.

I think a few of the Rules and guidelines could apply:

COPY PASTED FROM THE OFFICAL PAGES

RULES: BF2 Rules & Guidelines

4) All players are REQUIRED to FOLLOW ORDERS from their squad leader and commander.

7) Suicide tactics are FORBIDDEN.
                ramming any vehicle and intentionally blowing yourself up to cause the death of another.

GUIDELINES:

A) Players should follow the chain of command. If a player has an issue following the orders of their commander or has specific request for their assignment, they may request it, but it is the commanders final decision as to what that squad is going to be assigned to do.

Official Tactical Gamer PR Rules!

9. Reserving assets

To assist the Commander in performing his duties, the Commander has final say on distribution of all assets. Naming a squad "Attack Helo" does not entitle that squad to the attack helicopters unless the CO designates them to that squad. Please remember, squads do not dictate the assignment of an asset, the CO does.

When there is no commander, or the CO has not designated a squad for a particular asset, assets are distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. Players are to act maturely and take turns with assets. Fighting over assets could result in both parties being removed from the server.

10. Stealing Assets

Stealing a kit or vehicle that is already occupied, being repaired, or otherwise in use by another teammate is not allowed.

IE a logistics squad
                sigpic

Comment

so wait...

If I take a Cobra on Muttrah its not cool to park it at east city, hop out and walk away?

weird man.

Crazy TG and their crazy rules.
                  doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

these rules dont apply to me, when i call for a blackhawk for my own personal needs it'll come, and drop me where i want to :D

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

whaaa I park MY cobra at South City. Cougar you're a wimp! :p

Seriously: This is stupid. I get so enraged at one-manners and taxiers.

Comment

Well said Cougar. It is similar for a squad to take a Logistics truck and a transport truck, go where ever and just leave it there. If there is a logistics squad, leave trucks to them.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I often play Logistics, and it really gets me mad when I return from dropping crates and find that all my trucks have been taken and abandoned in the middle of nowhere. If I have another squad member, we have to take a humvee to the place and one of us has to drive it back, costing valuable time. Some people say "One truck is enough, just reload". Maybe, but you can't reload repair stations. You can drop 1 repair station per truck. So, if 3 of my 4 trucks are in the middle of nowhere, I can only drop 1 station as opposed to 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Rtoups View Post
                            Thanks for posting this. I often play Logistics, and it really gets me mad when I return from dropping crates and find that all my trucks have been taken and abandoned in the middle of nowhere. If I have another squad member, we have to take a humvee to the place and one of us has to drive it back, costing valuable time. Some people say "One truck is enough, just reload". Maybe, but you can't reload repair stations. You can drop 1 repair station per truck. So, if 3 of my 4 trucks are in the middle of nowhere, I can only drop 1 station as opposed to 4.
                            Not true.

Each truck has infinite repair stations...but only one can be active in the world at a time.

As quoted before, and in the first post at that... Straight from http://www.realitymod.com/guide/Vehicles

Can drop a repair station by pressing the flare button (default: X). This repair station can repair a vehicle to full strength but takes a long time. The truck has an unlimited amount of repair stations that it can deploy, but only one can be active in the world at a time.

Comment

What I am noticing is a huge lack of Logistics squad... While I understand driving a freaking truck in a FPS game might not be the biggest idea of fun, it's still possible..

My idea: everytime I get a CO truck and there's not any Logistics squad around I'll have a soldier drive it back to main... It's gonna be 1 unlucky soldier, but at least it will be there for the team...
                              |TG-69th|Kevlar

"Oh I know I don't think I see what I see what I'm thinking."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X