Ticket building?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket building?

is it just me or lately (since .85?) theres a trend to build for tickets..?

i find myself in situations where it feels like some guys build without any regard to the corrent situation..and in masses
    do you get points for all the foxholes, wires and HMG?
    i could bring examples but i think if anyone feels the same will know what i mean..

its just not tactical deployment its ticket deployment..

Re: Ticket building?

Mmmmmm, I believe all ticket loss for destroyed assets (firebases, bunkers, hmgs, foxholes, etc.) were all removed. Is this what you were referring to?

http://www.realitymodfiles.com/manua...085_Manual.pdf

○ Jeep or truck: 2 tickets
    ○ Transport helicopter: 5 tickets
    ○ APC or recon: 5 tickets
    ○ Tank or IFV: 10 tickets
    ○ Jet or attack helicopter: 10 tickets

Ticket generation was removed off bunkers + firebases way back in 0.6-0.7'ish.

You do get a lot of teamwork points on your scoreboard, for using a shovel and building. I have yet to see anyone build for the additional teamwork points.

Comment

I think that he's talking about people building just to get points by their name, not actually any points that matter towards a win/loss for the team.

I can't see someone enjoying having a high score by their name enough to do nothing but build firebases, wire and MGs. However I have noticed a lot of people that get upset when squads build firebases that aren't right up on the line or even into enemy territory.

Whether or not building an FB directly on a forward objective is a wise choice would probably depend on the commander's battle plan, but sometimes those "less used" firebases save the day when the forward bases are lost.

Comment

Okay, since it's not clear whether you mean building deployable assets for TICKETS (The number of respawns a team has, basically determines when a team loses) or POINTS (The sore by your name), I will comment on both.

Tickets - Building any deployable asset: Firebase/Firebase assets like .50cals and foxholes DO NOT generate or add in any way to your team's number of tickets. To make this clear, it also does not affect your team's number of tickets if a firebase or firebase asset is destroyed by the enemy or friendlies.

Points - To be completely honest, when you see squads building a mass amount of firebase assets like foxholes and razorwire and stuff when it's not needed, it's either more an un-tactical decision than it is a need for points. Many SLs feel the need to put up deployable assets after building a firebase even when the situation doesn't call for it. For example, if you're building a firebase in a ditch and want to keep it's location secret from the enemy, it's probably best not to build up assets around it that will alert the enemy of it's presence.

| |

Comment

I don't think it is the tickets but more a matter of not knowing a better tactical location. I found that if you want people to place FB in good locations then volunteer and be CO. 90% of our problems/ frustrations in game can be fixed with a good CO and an admin to back him up.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Yup this happens a lot, sadly people go off whoring points now chucking FB's down wherever they can, to me the points are worthless as you get more points building a useless FB then you do for actually fighting. If you want to farm got to W.O.W!

Comment

Originally posted by MarineSeaknight View Post
              Okay, since it's not clear whether you mean building deployable assets for TICKETS (The number of respawns a team has, basically determines when a team loses) or POINTS (The sore by your name), I will comment on both.

Tickets - Building any deployable asset: Firebase/Firebase assets like .50cals and foxholes DO NOT generate or add in any way to your team's number of tickets. To make this clear, it also does not affect your team's number of tickets if a firebase or firebase asset is destroyed by the enemy or friendlies.

Points - To be completely honest, when you see squads building a mass amount of firebase assets like foxholes and razorwire and stuff when it's not needed, it's either more an un-tactical decision than it is a need for points. Many SLs feel the need to put up deployable assets after building a firebase even when the situation doesn't call for it. For example, if you're building a firebase in a ditch and want to keep it's location secret from the enemy, it's probably best not to build up assets around it that will alert the enemy of it's presence.
              ok, my bad..

i do mean points..

Comment

Building a fb also reduces the squads respawn time by 10 seconds I read

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
                  I don't think it is the tickets but more a matter of not knowing a better tactical location. I found that if you want people to place FB in good locations then volunteer and be CO. 90% of our problems/ frustrations in game can be fixed with a good CO and an admin to back him up.
                  Totally agree with you on this one. Thats what I always think when people are complaining about some squad leader who builds a fb in a, for the complainer, weird place. If we don't have a commander there's not much we can do about it.
                  sigpic
                  "Danger could be my middle name, but it's John..." Eddie Izzard

Comment

i'm one of those that build firebases for points...no just kidding. With .85, it's a lot more fun setting up roadblocks. What i usually do is deploy the repair crate and watch it build itself. Also by having FB's, i can set rally points close and be aggressive rather than far away RP's and having to walk for distances. Points whoring or not, it is better to have fbs than nothing at all, also what sabre pointed out.

Comment

I think people need a new refresher on deploying assets: I have to double check my figures, but I think the FOB still deploys 11-15m in front of you & the barbwire deploys 4-6m (it is 8m wide.) let me find some screen shots...

as to points... who cares...give me a medic with a 1:1 KDR and some combat troops with 2:1 and I am more than happy with a score of 0.
                      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                        as to points... who cares...give me a medic with a 1:1 KDR and some combat troops with 2:1 and I am more than happy with a score of 0.
                        Amen to that!

Comment

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Comment

dont get me wrong.. i like building (shoveling) a good FOB with all the deployable assets.
                            when needed and when im not the ONLY shovel around.. if YOU as a squad leader want to build a castle, make sure you got the shovels for it!

i think there should be a minimum of 3 shovels for the deployable assets.. so it will require TEAMWORK..

Comment

Driving APC's and building FB's.
                              The two most famous ways to get points.
                              The balance between tactical justification and point whoring is one we all face. I love to see the points next to my name at the end, but maybe a reduction in points gained for doing the afformentioned wouldn't be a bad thing. What do you all think ?
                              Oh yeah, maybe the CO should get a few more points too, for doing that job.
                              I haven't CO'd in .85 yet, has that changed ? CO's never seemed to get that many points.
                              But then again, KDR is all that matters anyway ;)

|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X