Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PR gamestyle changing too much?

Has anyone noticed that since BF2 has made announcement of PR it seems like
    zerg ppl from there are just coming by and ... pretty much ramboing?

I got tk'd twice because a dude wanted practice... i mean if he would ask the chopper
    id share it cause i dont mind changing kits and all... but its like the MINE MINE academy
    I see lot of Vanilla behaviors these days and its kind of pissing me off... to see the
    squads not communication that much all of a sudden, to see teamkill for asset and worst!!!!
    RAMBO'S! i mean COME ON! PR has to become more difficult in the versions to come or were
    gonna have so many Vanilla gameplay fan on here...
    I mean some are okay i met very nice people and i seen good games but they seem to
    get rarer and rarer....

Anyways i just wanna know if anyone feels the same about this ..

Re: PR gamestyle changing too much?

If you see people behave like that call for an admin. I have seen this a few times, mainly during the day (Europe 10:00 - 15:00). Most of the time the players are not aware and after explaining them how it should be done they mostly behave well. A few times during these ours i switched to a ramboing squad and ask them via VOIP what they were doing and why. This will most of the time end their ramboing style.

But in the end i think things are pretty organised on the server, people not following protocol is part of life i guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage2005 View Post

I got tk'd twice because a dude wanted practice... i mean if he would ask the chopper
      id share it cause i dont mind changing kits and all... but its like the MINE MINE academy
      I see lot of Vanilla behaviors these days and its kind of pissing me off... to see the
      squads not communication that much all of a sudden, to see teamkill for asset and worst!!!!
      RAMBO'S! i mean COME ON! PR has to become more difficult in the versions to come or were
      gonna have so many Vanilla gameplay fan on here...
      I mean some are okay i met very nice people and i seen good games but they seem to
      get rarer and rarer....

Anyways i just wanna know if anyone feels the same about this ..
      Did you report the player(s)? Did you take a SS(s) and PM an admin with the information?
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage2005 View Post
        Not on the TG PR server.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Yes I have noticed this as well and the only server I play on is TG. Granted I do not see it all of the time but have seen increased amount of people ramboing/ignoring orders since that ad on vBF2 went up.

Haha the other day while the enemy faction was capping one of our flags one of my squad member took off on a sprint towards the flag.........which was almost the entire map away from our position. I didnt realize it at first and by the time I did he was half way there. I asked him what he planned on doing which he replied, "I'm the only F'in person playing defense get off my back!". All I really wanted was for him to grab a transport truck near his position to come pick up the whole squad so we could attack together. He simply didnt understand that just sprinting into the cap radius by himself was only gunna get him killed. Now I dont have a problem with someone that is new and just doesnt know better but he didnt want to listen or be helped at all. I booted him from the squad and seconds later his little blue dot went down on the map.....haha only a few minutes later I see another blue dot solo-ing across the map to be cut down again...haha probably him again.

Anyways I dont see a ton of this but definately an increase of it from the time vBF2 put up their PR ad. It is nothing compared to what I have seen on other servers in the past. Tactical Gamer makes PR so great in my opinion!

Comment

Get on teamspeak so you can get hold of an admin or use the report function if players are giving you a problem.
            Before the effect one believes in different causes than one does after the effect.

Comment

Like stated, these are reportable offences, and we have great, active admins who are on TS or ingame nearly on a 24 hour basis. Find one, or use the contact an admin thread, and get the trouble makers sorted.

Comment

I honestly do not see this much.

The vast majority of our player base acts in a mannor fitting the "TG" way.

If it does happen while I am around, please let me know so we can work with the partys involved.
                doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I usually join a different server when I first load up PR, looking for a particular map. After 1 round of dealing with poor admins, tk'ers, and other fools, I am reminded of why I play on our TG server so much...these types of players do not last long here.
                  |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

TG server and TG only. I don't find interest in my home servers. And everywhere else I think is usually ghost soldiers training server.

sigpic

Comment

I mean, i have seen this a lot, in all other servers.
                      TG is the best indeed but at 2 am gmt-5 i get much nubs even there.

It was just to see if it was me or if anyone else would notice this :)

Thx :D

Comment

This happen occasionally on mid-day eurohours. There's always a better chance to get a good game of teamwork on late nights when the Americans join. I think this is mainly because of poor communication between squads and even in squads. This happens naturally because of the different native language of European players. When this happens, try to set an example yourself and start communicating more, others will follow you, i promise. Also, to all the europlayers out there, don't be afraid to talk, even if your english is as bad as mine. No one cares if you have a terrible accent or can't pronounce certain words. And if you don't want to talk, use the chat. Often that will be equally effective.
                        sigpic
                        "Danger could be my middle name, but it's John..." Eddie Izzard

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15YeJLQcp_I[/media]

I happen to like Rambo. lol
                          |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Lol nice answer Mp40 hehe

Comment

I hope they dont go cod status on us.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement