Insurgency World Series?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurgency World Series?

Id like to propose a series of scrims based on the Insurgency game mode. I have noticed a flurry of posts over the past few months, and in particular since the latest release, referring positively to the game mode and a marked increase in glowing AARs referring to combined APC/Styker/Infantry squads. In addition the improvements brought about by the latest patch make the insurgents a more viable force and much more enjoyable to play.

In view of that Id like to suggest a monthly/bi-monthly series. I personally feel this game mode would benefit hugely from a dedicated planning phase that an organised scrim allows. In addition it would allow players to fully explore the different strategys these maps allow/require and in turn, I hope, should benefit general/public play etc.

It may turn out that there is little interest in this but Id like to gauge opinion and check as to whether it is something TG would like to try.

Anyhoo, lets hear some thoughts on this and perhaps the admins could comment on the viability of doing this sometime in the future. I will gladly try and help with arranging this as much as I can.

Re: Insurgency World Series?

How would the rounds be decided?

Just like a normal round?

You know me, I'm always in for large Mech formations.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Cougar goes, I follow.

-REad/Schaeferov
      ;)

Comment

Yeah Cougar, normal rules apllying unless someone has any other suggestions?

Comment

sounds good, maybe even the inhs could play against each other e.g 6th and 10th vs E1st and 15th, or something and anyone else can join or something like that. I'm definatly intersted in doing something like this tho.

Comment

In Iraq, there's a coalition of troops. So why not a coalition of IHS's. Same works for the Insurgents.

Comment

It would be nice but would it be sign up or just join?
              -Craz3y-

(\__/)
              (O.o ) Disposable: These [Team stacking]threads are like a woman's period: They come (> <)around once a month and during that time no one is happy. Then it goes away, the sun comes out, birds sing, and everything is cool for 3 weeks, then hell returns again.

Comment

further my earlier post

something like this

10th&E1st Vs 6th&15th each inhs make squads and other people can sign up to play in a team. maybe even set up a tacticalconflict forum? to allow the ihs to plan and stratagies

Comment

If theres a way for me to kill nardini i'm down for it.....JK Nards.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                  Level I HazMat Technician
                  NYS EMT-B
                  Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                  RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                  Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                  Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                  We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Could do it 1 cashe / 1 death style.
                    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

As much fun as those deals are sometimes I dislike the big preamble, spammy round bang its over effect. I'm talking about a straight up and down round of insurgency to explore how far we can take this game type in an organised TG enviroment.

Comment

I like it

The hard part will be practicing tatics regardless of where you have to go "ie" random cashe spawns.

Im in.
                        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Tactics are easy. Just practice going through each building meticulously, covering convoys, helo insertions, etc for U.S. while practicing ambushes, mine/IED placement, assaults, etc for OpFor.

Strategy is what will be tough.

Comment

Originally posted by A.WICKENS View Post
                            ...lets hear some thoughts on this and perhaps the admins could comment on the viability of doing this sometime in the future. I will gladly try and help with arranging this as much as I can.
                            I like this idea a bunch.

I think instead of the standard format of 1 round as Insurgent, 1 round as BluFor, it might be interesting to scrim a single round in this mode...without knowing the map in advance (or perhaps knowing it will be 1 of 3 maps or something like that).

The reason I suggest this is that it puts a twist on the planning, and would require both sides to focus planning more on method, and meshes with the randomness of the cache locations. Knowing you're playing only as Insurgent or BluFor also keeps each team's planning sessions fouccused to the tactics of their side...as opposed to focussing planning on your round as BluFor etc, and paying less attention to the planning for your turn as Insurgent.

Just a thought.

Anyway, I would also be willing to help organize this match.

Cheers,

|

It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them;
                            if double, engage them; if equal, be able to divide them; if fewer, be able to evade them; if weaker, be able to avoid them.

Comment

If you start a round for say 10 mins to get organized and then do a quick restart ( like the start of the 15/2/09 Qinling map) will the cache's be in the same place? Just wondering because the flags were in the same place when you did that?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X