Noob Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob Night

So today was .. maybe the most horrendous experience I've had on TG, ever.

There were more Vanilla noobs in the server without a clue than ever before, compounded by the fact that in-game VOIP was down. I think most of the regulars got slowly chased off.

Mumble was a headache because everyone was on the same channel in the early afternoon, causing a lot of noobishness as people ran around doing random things for no particular reason. But, luckily, it finally separated later on in the day into two channels. \

The last few rounds most of our team has been sitting around the main doing absolutely nothing.. and our commander has been driving around capping flags alone (!?!?!?!?)

Where are all the regulars? Where are the admins? Where are the people that can get this under control?

IMHO, we just need to shut the server down for a few hours to drive out the newbies. Or do a PW night so that we don't have such .. craziness.

- Star

Re: Noob Night

haha ya I feel ya Star, I jumped on for maybe 15 minutes.....15 minutes of total chaos. Guys playing like its vBF2, no VOIP, and everyone trying to figure out mumble.

Comment

Its your fault for not leading them.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Startrekern View Post
        So today was .. maybe the most horrendous experience I've had on TG, ever.

There were more Vanilla noobs in the server without a clue than ever before, compounded by the fact that in-game VOIP was down. I think most of the regulars got slowly chased off.

Mumble was a headache because everyone was on the same channel in the early afternoon, causing a lot of noobishness as people ran around doing random things for no particular reason. But, luckily, it finally separated later on in the day into two channels. \

The last few rounds most of our team has been sitting around the main doing absolutely nothing.. and our commander has been driving around capping flags alone (!?!?!?!?)

Where are all the regulars? Where are the admins? Where are the people that can get this under control?

IMHO, we just need to shut the server down for a few hours to drive out the newbies. Or do a PW night so that we don't have such .. craziness.

- Star
        admins have real life lives, they are not AI controlled bots, they are workers, fathers, students etc....take screenshots and PM them.
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        Level II Volunteer FireFighter
        Level I HazMat Technician
        NYS EMT-B
        Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
        RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
        Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
        Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
        We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Admins can't fix the voip, it was caused by a windows upgrade to the server, and as such only Apophis can fix it.

Comment

I left the server for a couple of rounds on T&T together with GhostDog.
            Playing without Voip is horrible. It was always there and now that it isnt anymore (for now) i actually noticed how important it really is. take the time you need fixing it.
            i will patiently wait since vanilla started to surround us once more xD.
            |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

I played without it and it was awesome. Can we leave it off for a week?
              |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I think we all forget to appreciate the BF2 Voip engine. I started TS like 3 years ago when I started playing with a bunch of mature players on Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter on the TGP server and i asked why everyone was so quiet. They said TS mate! So I downloaded and now I find there's not game without voip com. voip goes down for 24hours and look at what happens. Commanders think they can one man cap flags in co trucks because no one can say "command, we need orders or we need you to command from the cp" I actualy think that .8 inda messed everything up by allowing asset placemnet without commander. Now no one except the real boys have guts to command. Can a country go to war without higher command. The few times we had a commander or a well organized TS team, we won. I remeber on Jabal on night wel totaly anniated the MEC due to well coordinated teams. NOW hears what i dont get...
                People crammed on mumble... and um well heres my thought

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ml#post1212815

BOTTOM LINE... PR MINUS VOIP = VANILA + CSS + DORA THE EXPLORER GAMES
                csxgamerz

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                  I played without it and it was awesome. Can we leave it off for a week?
                  For you it was like returning to the early days of POE.

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                    Its your fault for not leading them.
                    good lord praise baby jesus that I had plans out tonight, or I would have been in global berating my nub squadies.
                    Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

Actually, to be honest, the server crashed.

That completely drove off all the noobs. It was GREAT after that! We had just about everyone in the server on Mumble, and it worked PERFECTLY then! So I think it kind of goes back and forth.

Probably once the newness wears off, it'll become more of a standard and less chaotic. THough after about 6-7 hours of playing with it, it steadily improved until everyone was comfortable with it. I can't imagine PR without it now, to be quite honest.

Comment

That completely drove off all the noobs. It was GREAT after that! We had just about everyone in the server on Mumble, and it worked PERFECTLY then! So I think it kind of goes back and forth.

Probably once the newness wears off, it'll become more of a standard and less chaotic. THough after about 6-7 hours of playing with it, it steadily improved until everyone was comfortable with it. I can't imagine PR without it now, to be quite honest.
                        Ahh what it is like to play PR a month before a new patch comes out... TG only being full in prime time...soon, soon all will be well.
                        Stay together, communicate, don't give up.

sigpic

Comment

I had some pretty good rounds, although it really got boring on Quinling and Archer.

Comment

I was with you in squad start, and i must admit those two rounds that i was on - qwai and quinling were pretty bad, since we were actually the only squad capable of doing something so it was like 6 players v. 32 on other side.
                            And fact that voip was down didn't do anything good.

But it was my first day using mumble and my opinion is that mumble gets it to much complicated with all of the communications, so i think it can be only used for urgent close infantry combat, not as a voip system, use teamspeak for that like start kept saying. (Btw sorry for not coming on TS because i have 100Kb/s internet and it starts to lag when both .bf2 and TS on, but that should be sorted out next week when we get new internet)

Comment

What you've got to appreciate, and you seem to have failed to grasp, with statements like "noobs". Not everyone can pick up and game and be UB3RL33T. It's like rock forming, it takes time and pressure. Maybe next time your in server you could explain to people what their doing wrong, and if they ignore you, join their squad and see what happens. Never underestimate the power of a voice. Those things bring down empires.

Calling people noobs just creates barriers.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X