Marksmen Rifles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marksmen Rifles

I've found it!!! I found how to use them. Me and Google tried it out today, and we found the key to hit any target beyond 200m is to count to 4 and fire. If you go to 5, you miss.Very weird deviation, but feel free to try it.

Re: Marksmen Rifles

Did you go to eight? If you did, and it worked... I have a theory (insert lightbulb)!

Comment

We did 4 & 5. 4 hit the person, 5 missed them in a random direction.

Comment

Well, if it hits at 8, then it may have been designed to immitate breathing patterns.

Comment

So if you want to shoot you need to hit a wasd key count to 4 and fire ? What about in between shots ?

Comment

On sniper rifles, the "switch fire mode" key (Default 3) can be used to
            activate a breathing sound. This simulates breath control and gives you
            an audio cue for when your accuracy will be at its maximum. Holding
            down the fire button after shooting will allow you to track your shot
            before rebolting the rifle.

From the manuel.
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo13 View Post
              So if you want to shoot you need to hit a wasd key count to 4 and fire ? What about in between shots ?
              I dont believe so, I fired in 4 seconds interval without relocation. You need to imagine the HAT crosshairs on your screen, and try and estimate where they'd be if you moved X amount. so doing a 360 turn would start the countdown, as would a 90 degree turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
                I dont believe so, I fired in 4 seconds interval without relocation. You need to imagine the HAT crosshairs on your screen, and try and estimate where they'd be if you moved X amount. so doing a 360 turn would start the countdown, as would a 90 degree turn.
                That is the opposite of what you were saying earlier, when you said "counting to four hits dead on, while counting to five misses wildly".
                TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Explain how?

Comment

So even the Marksman rifle has a breath count thing built in as well?

Huh. I thought it was just the Sniper rifle.

Comment

Yeh, the devs did a deviation count for everything, and it went like 1.4m @ 1 sec. 1m @ 2 sec. [email protected] 3 sec [email protected] seconds and then [email protected] 5 seconds. I couldnt find it on the realitymod forums, but if someone could drag it up, it would be awesome.

Comment

Ill have to try this out, Maybe for the M14 you need to wait this long, but for MEC marksmen rifle you don't even have to wait that long at all to fire it accurately.

The mec marksmen rifle has been the best infantry weapon since .809 in my honest opinion, hell i can switch it to full auto in a pinch when i need to CQC inside buildings.

Comment

I remember there was a bug with the M24 back in .7 or .75 where the deviation would sometimes get "stuck" and would not go down. I wonder if this is the same problem?

Here are the marksman rifle deviation penalties for various actions:

Firing: 2 seconds until max accuracy
                          Sharp mouse movement: .6 seconds
                          WASD movement: 5 seconds
                          Jumping: 3.3 seconds

As for the G3 SG1, it was so good because of a coding error that made it shoot sniper rounds (at 80 damage a pop). This has been fixed in .85.

*Edit*

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                          On sniper rifles, the "switch fire mode" key (Default 3) can be used to
                          activate a breathing sound. This simulates breath control and gives you
                          an audio cue for when your accuracy will be at its maximum. Holding
                          down the fire button after shooting will allow you to track your shot
                          before rebolting the rifle.

From the manuel.
                          The audio cue is misleading because you only have to wait 8 seconds (the length of the audio cue) if you've been WASD moving. If all you've done is fired your rifle, then you only need to wait 4 seconds before you have max accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eavy Gunner View Post
                            Explain how?
                            Wow, I completely misread your line. Sorry. :(
                            TG5th USARMY||JeonJiHyeon

Comment

Counting is more a mechinism to keep control of your mind. Be patient, and wait for a good shot.

Oh right - And then wait for the medic to dive onto him, revive, and both take off to cover. =)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X