Should there be revives?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should there be revives?

I was reading through some of the posts in the realitymod forums, and some people some disgruntled about constant epipen revives. Actually, alot of people feel this way.

I, for one, think that PR has past this stage and does not need revives. Even though I haven't played PR v.856 yet, it seems that people don't value their life as much now...charging machine guns, moving without any cover, etc, etc. The medic should still be a important asset to the squad. He can still heal people with a bag.

What are your thoughts?
    Yes
    76.92%
    No
    23.08%
    "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Re: Should there be revives?

I think there should be revives, but maybe making it less like what it is now. In other words you can't revive when you fall from to high, or shot in a certain place.

Because what I get at is the epipen is a stimulus drug needle that quickly stimulates a persons nervous system (It's what it looks like it does). I want to keep revives because simply healing seems like it makes the medic less than they are now, not as fun.

sigpic

Comment

The epipen is used to deliver a high dosage of epinephrine directly to the blood stream. It is most commonly used to save someone's life should they have an allergic reaction and go into anaphylactic shock. It isn't used to revive war casualties.

From a realism point, it should be gone. But for the sake of gameplay, I think it should stay. It adds a whole new dimension to the game, and more important then realism, it reinforces teamwork.

Comment

I don't believe it's the eppipens that are the problem. It's the fact that there is NO instakill besides from getting stabbed.

A sniper shot to the face should take someone down right away. Boom. Dead.

Also, the fact that once you are down, nothing can harm you is a huge problem in my opinion. Heck, even in vanilla BF2, if a nade lands on your position when you're critically wounded, you die.

All you need to do is wait for the nade spam to finish, run up, grab his kit, and revive your buddy. Or just pile on the body to keep his kit alive, then have the last guy come in and revive everyone. It's a craptastic way to do it, but I've seen it done and have done it myself.

So yeah.... that's my thought on the subject.

Comment

I feel they need to make medic a limited kit 1 per squad.

Comment

I think revives could go, but only if something else was implemented to cover the gap in gameplay (such as wave spawns that reset a random timer for the next wave spawn after it goes off between 45 and 80 seconds).

Comment

I think they need to get rid of revives, the reason being it is highly unrealistic, being injected with adrenaline won't allow you to function as a soldier if you've had your leg blown off by a grenade. In most situations being critically wounded in PR would require you to be sent off to an aid station, not get bandaged up. In some rare occasions you would be able to get back into the fight but when this happens you usually aren't put into the critically wounded state.

Any direct shot to the stomach, arm, leg, any vital organ, would send you straight to an aid station as you wouldn't be able to function properly anymore (unless you were lucky and it missed everything that could possibly put you out of action).

Damnit Blizzard, fix ZvT already >.<
              In Soviet Russian, Arma admins are nice to you!

Comment

I remember back in the day the devs said something about this being a videogame with realistic gameplay and NOT a simulation. We all do know that an eppipen does not revive someone. However, it is a gameplay mechanic that I believe should stay in. With a few other balance issues, the medic should be back to where is should be instead of being the battlefield Jesus. (Get it? Raising 'em from the dead? Get it? Get it!)

Comment

I, for one, like the fact that you can be revived for 3 minutes. I've gone with 0 deaths a couple of times and with 1 a few more. Most squads I'm in hate dying.

I really think that the revives make people appreciate their lives more. It's so easy to give up with the old timers. Now, you can wait and a medic will come along and get you. The only real reason to ever give up is when your squad is wiped and there is no help close.

Keep the epi's!!!

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

I really don't mind the Epipen, what I do mind, like Scarface said before, is the fact that you just can't really die anymore, since they took out insta-deaths after a headshot, or that any form of explosive, even a direct hit by a freakin HE shell from an Abrams just does not kill you.

Really the only way to die is the ultra-rare event that someone puts a shiv in your back, or your Medic dies.

Comment

Only issue I have with reviving is it is almost impossible to elimiate a squad at distance. If they have a wall, or anything to fall behind - medics can just jump on them and sustain indefinitely. It would be nice if there was a chance to kill. I would hate it to come down to "rolling a dice", but it's the only suggestion I could advise.

Comment

revives are great. as it has been said before - teamwork!
                        but seriously we must be dead dead when hit by a tank missle or shot in the face.
                        as far as i know they removed the headshot because it was too easy to get one.. - making the head hitbox smaller?.. well anyways. revives - yes, but only for realistic ones.
                        |TGXV|STeaLthBananaaa

sigpic

We snipe the TG way

Comment

The trouble is, as it is, that people have no really big penalties for ramboing and generally tard rushing in a most unrealistic manner as long as they have a good medic. I would at least like them to try a release with no revives and see how it goes.

If the medic can just salvage the ticket of a critically wounded player, but not put him back into the fight, that would cut down on the mad rushes, make people more careful, and would be more realistic. If put in in that form, it would still make medics invaluable.

Simply put, try no revives for maybe the next release, and see how it goes...

Or at minimum make headshots kill again

Comment

if you make it easy to die dead, people will value thier positioning more and will adjust accordingly, and IMO, will be more tactical and realistic.

Bring back headshots. Medics are limted 1/sq mininum 3 member Sq.

Comment

what about keeping the revive and just making it take longer to heal some one, plus a reduction in the amount of epi pens might help too, say 3 per medic, it would make you have to use them more tactically also.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X