Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brits in PR and their Military contracts (don't take it seriously)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brits in PR and their Military contracts (don't take it seriously)

Originally posted by uk-warrior View Post
    A good craftsman.....your to young to understand lol

[media]http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/uk-warrior/bowmanqm5.jpg[/media]
    Oh... Uhhh. Oops. I don't know what to say, but my foot feels like it was shot a few dozen times...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
      Tornado is a piece of crap in RL, for the first 9 years it had no radar and had Concrete in its nose cone....damned BAE and their evil corporate ways.
      Pretty sure the Typhoon was in the same boat there for a while... The RAF didn't want a gun because they were stuck thinking of the airplane as a Cold Warrior - missiles FTW. We all know how well that worked out for the USAF with the F-4B. Well, EADS told them they needed the gun for weight & balance issues, but they RAF still didn't want it so they advised EADS to just toss a concrete block in its place. They eventually determined it would be cheaper to just fit the guns that everybody else was getting (economies of scale and all that), so the RAF bought the airplanes with guns but didn't buy any ammo for them or train their pilots how to use them. Stellar choice. Well, the Typhoons were eventually to be deployed to Afghanistan as CAS fighters. Once they saw how successful the A-10 drivers were with their guns in that conflict, they changed their tune and I believe they are actively using the Typhoon's gun over there now. I'm sure it cost the British people untold millions to re-engineer the airplane twice, then reactivate the guns, then retrain the pilots... Sounds like something the US military would do...

|
      |

Comment

Saw an afghanistan video of a jet strafing infantry with its gun ? Didnt think that was possible even excluding a10 and it was too light to be a gau8

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

<Remembers when a battleship apparently fired a shell 25 miles away from in the Estuary. Damned thing landed about 300 metres away, on target in Salisbury Plain. That's what they said anyway. I just pooed my pants waiting>

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre_Tooth_Tigger View Post
            Saw an afghanistan video of a jet strafing infantry with its gun ? Didnt think that was possible even excluding a10 and it was too light to be a gau8
            Yeah they're finding that the gun is the best weapon for defeating infantry that are closely engaged with friendlies, as it's highly accurate and limits collateral damage. Why would it be possible for an A-10 to strafe but not other aircraft?

|
            |

Comment

A good friend of mines brother is a F/A-18 Hornet pilot with the US Navy and a few years ago he was awarded a medal of valor for strafing enemy infantry in Afghanistan after finishing a bombing run and turns out took out a top member of Al-Qaeda. Though it isn't typical for fighter jets to do so, when friendlies on the ground need support, pilots are always willing to help every way they can......Especially since lots of the times they are in direct contact with the SL's on the ground etc.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              Level II Volunteer FireFighter
              Level I HazMat Technician
              NYS EMT-B
              Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
              RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
              Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
              Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
              We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X