Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Easy steps to help keep your server free of Bunnyhoppers!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Easy steps to help keep your server free of Bunnyhoppers!!

#1... Witness the Bunnyhopper

(I count 1 jump as being startled, 2 or more bunnyhopping)

[Image with-held to protect the guilty]

#2.... Download the BFR file and watch it, taking screenshots or video of the offender

#3.... Contact an Admin and pass along the relevent information

I put another notch in my belt just now..
    It makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside..

Re: 3 Easy steps to help keep your server free of Bunnyhoppers!!

i never understood bunnyhoppers in PR.. it does'nt HELP to avoid gunfire.. and wastes your 'stamina'

Comment

It 's not very effective in PR, it just looks rediculous. A few days ago I had someone trying to avoid bullets by some kind of failed attempt to dolphin dive (going from prone to stance, back to prone, etc...)... he was is an open field with no cover but it just looked retarded and was probably less effective than just running away.
      Xfire: Iaintyourm8 | Ingame: GhostDog | Steam: Zuigmijnballen

Comment

Let's just remember this: thanks to the coolness that is the BF2 engine, sometimes players have to jump to get over normally insurmountable obstacles like curbs or small rocks. Use your best judgment before labeling someone a bunny. One hop does not constitute bunny-hopping.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
          Let's just remember this: thanks to the coolness that is the BF2 engine, sometimes players have to jump to get over normally insurmountable obstacles like curbs or small rocks. Use your best judgment before labeling someone a bunny. One hop does not constitute bunny-hopping.
          That's true, one or two times I thought someone was bunny hopping until I realize there is a curb there.
          |TG|
          ||||

Comment

Originally posted by d1sp0sabl3H3r0 View Post
            This is why its important to take the time to download the file and watch it.. if you are 100m away, you might not see the curb/knee wall they are trying to jump over... like on Falluja

Comment

how bout these steps:
              1) require everyone to register their real name and address before playing.
              2) we go to their house.
              3) we break their knees to they can't hop any more.
              |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by w.WAREHOUSE View Post
                how bout these steps:
                2) we go to their house.
                4) Your arrested
                5) You spend 20 years in prison.

Comment

how bout these steps:
                  2) we go to their house.
                  Warehouse, you always seem to give me opportunities to refresh things....

Next skills chapter: Splinting!

:D
                  |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

how bout these steps:
                    2) we go to their house.
                    Just break their Left Thumb (assuming they mouse with their Right hand, that is) and they won't be able to really use the spacebar as easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                      Just break their Left Thumb (assuming they mouse with their Right hand, that is) and they won't be able to really use the spacebar as easily.
                      eew I like that idea. or rip off the space bar and feed it to them.
                      |TG-X|WAREHOUSE

Comment

Im so not gonna tell you guys where i live ;)

Comment

Originally posted by sapientiea View Post
                          Im so not gonna tell you guys where i live ;)
                          hehe - maybe they know already :D

---------
                          |TG|DarkDancer

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDancer View Post
                            hehe - maybe they know already :D
                            Guess i'll need to be more carefull with my space-bar then!

Comment

how bout these steps:
                              2) we go to their house.
                              Sounds dangerous. I think a lot of the PR players are heavily armed, you might need a task force for this initiative.

As for false positives... it happens a lot. If I'm standing next to something taller than my knees and someone shoots at me you better believe I'm gonna jump over it and go prone in order to try and find cover.

Dispo speaks wisdom, I've had to jump curbs before in order to run from fire. All in all I haven't seen much true hoppage lately, mainly because it doesn't really work in PR like it did in vanilla.

I've been called out for hopping a few times before. Some that come to mind: Accused of hopping while in an MG nest(no idea), jumping (while not under fire) to look over an obstacle to check for enemy movement, and crouching repeatedly while in the 50 of a vodnik parked behind a fence. My all time favorite is falling 300m off a mountain while trying to run from fire. Nobody accused me of bunny falling on that one... they all just pointed and laughed.

Since .8 I haven't seen anyone successfully pull off a bunnyhop when I'm firing at them, but I guess I also haven't seen very many people attempt it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X