Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when you see quality play on a TG server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do when you see quality play on a TG server?

Stealing a great post made by jb4, a 12th IHS member here at TG.

Originally posted by jb4
    Day after day, night after night, we have all been involved in some great rounds on the POE server.
    When you took a breath as the next map was loading you probably thought about why that round
    was so great or why it was different from other rounds you played. Most likely the reason it
    seemed different was because you noticed superior teamwork in a squad, a very effective SL, or
    an individual that excelled at their role to the level that it helped the squad or team rise to victory.

When you see special moments like that, don't let it slip away. Please take the time to write a few
    notes to capture that moment and recognize one of your peers with a Ribbon Nomination.
    Peer to peer nominations are a great way to say, "Way to go, I value what you did in that role
    for our team because it represents what I like most about the TG quality of play. Thanks for setting
    that example for others."

Here are some great tips on writing a Ribbon Nomination. They are not hard to write. Just focus on
    describing the quality of the actions a person took that you think represents a high level of TG-style play.
    Nominations go into a private forum where only the person who submitted them and the Admin staff can
    see them for consideration and discussion.

If you are not sure what types of ribbons people can be nominated for, see the list of game ribbons below.
    We maintain a high level of play here so ribbons are not about "just showing up", but at the same time,
    we do not want to miss opportunities to recognize in-game actions that represent what we are really all about.

To submit a nomination for one of your peers please go here. and the click on "Awards-submit a nomination"

Distinguished Medic : BF2, 2142, ETQW, ArmA.
    Distinguished Armor : BF2, 2142, ETQW, ArmA.
    Distinguished Defense : BF2, 2142, ETQW, PCS, CoD, ArmA.
    Distinguished Squad Leader : BF2, 2142, ETQW, PCS, CoD, ArmA.
    Distinguished Commander : BF2, 2142, ETQW, ArmA.
    Distinguished Sniper : BF2, 2142, ETQW, PCS, CoD, ArmA.
    Distinguished Anti-tank : BF2, 2142, ETQW, ArmA.
    Distinguished Engineer : BF2, 2142, ETQW.
    Distinguished Support : BF2, 2142, ETQW, ArmA.
    Valorous Unit : BF2, 2142, ETQW, ArmA. (Only in-game leadership [Commander, Platoon Leader, or Fireteam/Squad-Leader] may nominate a squad for this award)
    Distinguished Special Ops : BF2, 2142, ETQW, ArmA.
    Distinguished Assault : BF2, 2142, ETQW, PCS, CoD, ArmA.
    Distinguished Tactician : BF2, 2142, ETQW, PCS, CoD, ArmA.
    Distinguished Air Cavalry : BF2, 2142, ETQW, ArmA.
    Distinguished Jet Combat : BF2, 2142, ETQW, ArmA.

In each of the award threads you will find a description for the award that will help you understand what it is for. For example, here is the description for Distinguished Medic

Description: The Distinguished Medic Service Ribbon is awarded on a selective basis to soldiers demonstrating great proficiency as a medic. These soldiers have exceptional
    battlefield awareness, and are able to heal and revive teammates in situations where many would fail. They also display extreme dedication to their squad mates and squad
    leader with a never-give-up attitude. These soldiers exemplify the team-first spirit of TacticalGamer.

Please take the time to nominate your fellow members.
    doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Re: What do you do when you see quality play on a TG server?

???sticky???

Comment

Thats it? I thought there were many more ribbons than that. Anyways it doesn't take long so next time ill nominate someone for a ribbon.
      -Craz3y-

(\__/)
      (O.o ) Disposable: These [Team stacking]threads are like a woman's period: They come (> <)around once a month and during that time no one is happy. Then it goes away, the sun comes out, birds sing, and everything is cool for 3 weeks, then hell returns again.

Comment

Originally posted by Craz3y|Assasin View Post
        Thats it? I thought there were many more ribbons than that.
        There are a few other ribbons, but the ones in that post are the ones relevant to PR. Here is a link to the list of service ribbons:
        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...e-ribbons.html

And a link to the Awards subforum. There are a few stickies there that have to do with ribbon writing:
        http://www.tacticalgamer.com/tactica...-presentation/

Comment

We don't see nearly enough ribbon nominations. Surely there are players deserving of them, so start writing them up. I'm pretty sure that all of the admins and quite a few IHS members all have links to the ribbon nomination forum in their signature blocks, so it's easy to find.

Pro Tip:

Write up something describing why the player(s) nominated deserve the ribbon, and don't be cheap on the details. The better written the nomination is, with supporting details, the better chance it has of being approved and awarded.

Writing something like "I'd like to nominate insertplayernamehere for the Distinguished Air Calvary ribbon because he roxors in the choppa" isn't going to get many votes for approval. If you need ideas on how to write up a nomination, look at some of the previous ribbon award posts and read those nominations. Some are short on detail, but others are extremely well-written and those will be more likely to get the ribbon approved. This especially holds true for the higher classes of ribbons (the ones with multiple stars in them). To earn those, the actions of the player and the nomination itself have to be of very high quality. There have been many nominations turned down, even though the players were deserving, because the nomination didn't adequately describe why the player was deserving of the award.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

There's a ribbon for everything, so nominate!
            |TG|
            ||||

Comment

Probably the wrong place to ask this question. But, I was just wondering, is there going to be a ribbon for the Christmas internal scrimmage?
              |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

Originally posted by mp40x View Post
                Probably the wrong place to ask this question. But, I was just wondering, is there going to be a ribbon for the Christmas internal scrimmage?
                Soon. Scrimmage participation ribbons always seem to take longer, and we're a little behind on them.

"You milsim guys are ruining the game."

Comment

What do you do when you see quality play on a TG server?

- Starting to pray that I don't get SM kicked.

Comment

Keep those nominations coming
                    And thx Cougar for this thread
                    *bump*
                    Last edited by RememberTheAlamo; 07-06-2009, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Ribboooonsssss. Me loves me Ribbons

Comment

Originally posted by Taip3n View Post
                        Ribboooonsssss. Me loves me Ribbons
                        If there was a 'best encouragement' ribbon, I'd award you it right now, Taip3n!
                        | |

'Forward, the Light Brigade!
                        Charge for the guns' he said:
                        Into the valley of Death
                          Rode the six hundred.

Comment

I wasn't looking for that Nerdy! but I love ya anyway. Not like my ex brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comment

But remember this guys, even if the nomination does not get approved, the admin team will hold it and wait for another nomination to surface!
                            "Dirtboy is super awesome, and chicks dig him too!"- Everyone

Comment

Can we get a Ribbon for "Dedicated Digger"??

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X